Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

You know its bad when you have a Bristol City player admitting they are glad they never signed for blose :crylaugh:

I think if we were to spend money on a cb i think he should be our number one target 

Defender admits he 'dodged a bullet' after missing out on Birmingham City move

This man was heavily linked with a switch over the summer

Aden Flint agrees that he probably dodged a bullet by not joining Birmingham City.

The in-form Bristol City centre-half was a top target for ex-boss Harry Redknapp who wanted the defender at St Andrew’s this season.

Blues pushed hard to land the 28-year-old but wouldn’t meet his valuation and he stayed at Ashton Gate.

Asked if that has now worked in his favour by fans during a phone-in on BBC Radio Bristol, and whether he has dodged a bullet, he replied:

Aden Flint in action for Bristol City

READ MORE

Revealed: Birmingham City's underwhelming record on Sky Sports

“It was a stressful time in the summer not knowing what was going off.

“Given the league position, you’d probably say ‘yes, you’ve dodged a bullet’ or whatever, but who knows what can happen in football.

Flint, who has been inspirational for the high-flying Robins this term added:

“Like I say, I’ve just been working hard, enjoying my football, made my way back into the team and hopefully I can keep that. Now it’s just down to me to keep my own individual place and also help the team keep up the great performances as well.”

Blues wanted defensive reinforcements this summer as Ryan Shotton left the club.

The eventually turned to Brentford’s Harlee Dean.

Click

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

This MUST be "Polly" the pratt from Radio WM...

rFPifCG.jpg

Oh god, that wittering oul biddie does my head in on WM, along with that olbeeyun sour git Eddie who sounds like he's been permanently kicked in the balls, ay it? 

• Haha 1

I’ll be very interested to see their next set of financial results which are due in around 4 weeks.

I’m expecting their turnover to be up due to increased attendances, Redknapp’s spending won’t be included though.

I’m mostly interested in the debt position as the last accounts showed that TTA had loaned the club £10m secured against the ground!!!

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, fifamad said:

Really expected forest to beat them easily today... oh well at least we are miles ahead of them in the table...would be nice to see them go down but I think they’ll just about stay up with the odds wins now n again 

They've won four home games against Cardiff, Sheff. Weds, Bristol and Forest so their home form is mid table.

They're down there because they have one away point all season.

On 19/11/2017 at 04:16, Zatman said:

They are what we were in the top flight for years, a team that just stayed up and offered nothing

Eventually the luck will run out

Hate to say but I think if they survive this year they won’t be around relegation again with the money they are spending, there squad imo is a top 10 championship squad when all fit. It’s this year they need to go down :twisted:

7 minutes ago, fifamad said:

Hate to say but I think if they survive this year they won’t be around relegation again with the money they are spending, there squad imo is a top 10 championship squad when all fit. It’s this year they need to go down :twisted:

The money won’t last..... trust me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

4 losses in the lead up to Xmas will be a good few kicks in the bollocks for em :D

It would but it won't help us. I am more interested in how we do than them as they won't be coming up, so if they can beat or draw with teams around us I don't kind

• Like 2

On 21/11/2017 at 13:41, One For The Road said:

They are playing a few of our play off rivals in the next few weeks so wanting them to lose, whilst tempting, does us no favours at all.

We shouldn’t be relying on one game vs SHA ago beat our playoff rivals. 

Let them beat SHA. Fill their boots

• Like 3

Â