January Transfers 2021

villa4europe

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Bad player. 

12 games 0 goals 0 assist this season in the championship 

Bullet dodged

Yeah just like Callum Wilson was bad! Would have sufficently filled in for the next 5 month as we try to break the top 10. 

27 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Yeah just like Callum Wilson was bad! Would have sufficently filled in for the next 5 month as we try to break the top 10. 

neither are bad players, but financially they are both horrendous deals. wilson has a 5 year contract at 100k pw and bournemouth somehow got 5m for a player out of contract at the end of the season! both are seriously ludicrous deals and i'd be raging if we took 5m out of the summer transfer kitty for king.

bournemouth got shane long on loan as a replacement...i'd actually rather have him. he's an upgrade on davis at least

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If we don't get any injuries (touch wood) then I'm not sure he would have played a decent enough number of games for us to justify the wage 

I understand where you are coming from (touch wood) but it's what teams that do well have to do to achieve as high a place in the league as possible they cover as many bases as possible. Even barring injuries I'd rather bring Josh King on than KD. 

I know Traore is an option at CF but he hasn't got 90 minutes in him usually hanging out after an hour and he's our best RW (by far) so would rather he played there.

Just feel we are injury away from finishing 12th rather 8th.

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

neither are bad players, but financially they are both horrendous deals. wilson has a 5 year contract at 100k pw and bournemouth somehow got 5m for a player out of contract at the end of the season! both are seriously ludicrous deals and i'd be raging if we took 5m out of the summer transfer kitty for king.

bournemouth got shane long on loan as a replacement...i'd actually rather have him. he's an upgrade on davis at least

No one knows how much his wages are or what Everton paid TBF so we can only speculate 5m would be well spent if we finished 8th rather than 12th. All done now though we will see how things pan out.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Wilson in infinitely better than Josh King

It's not even close

We'll see come the end of the season if some bloke who has won the Champions League 3 times was right to sign him I guess, lets revisit then.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I understand where you are coming from (touch wood) but it's what teams that do well have to do to achieve as high a place in the league as possible they cover as many bases as possible. Even barring injuries I'd rather bring Josh King on than KD. 

I know Traore is an option at CF but he hasn't got 90 minutes in him usually hanging out after an hour and he's our best RW (by far) so would rather he played there.

Just feel we are injury away from finishing 12th rather 8th.

agree with that but at the same time think that if the difference is getting a player we dont really want as cover in jan vs getting a player we really want in the summer then 12th isn't that bad long term

we're safe, we're mid table, forget the big push for europe stuff, if it happens it happens if it doesnt it doesnt play without pressure, not bringing someone in means we can maybe play a bit with the youth, set ourselves up for 2021/22 or even beyond that, save the money and spend it better later, with the rumoured wages a loan for king even for 6 months sounds like a £5m investment, we can use that money better later

for everton if its the difference between 8th and 6th then i can understand it

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

We can't sign Shane Long. Since he only ever scores against Villa, if he played for us he would score a hat-trick of own goals every other game.

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

agree with that but at the same time think that if the difference is getting a player we dont really want as cover in jan vs getting a player we really want in the summer then 12th isn't that bad long term

we're safe, we're mid table, forget the big push for europe stuff, if it happens it happens if it doesnt it doesnt play without pressure, not bringing someone in means we can maybe play a bit with the youth, set ourselves up for 2021/22 or even beyond that, save the money and spend it better later, with the rumoured wages a loan for king even for 6 months sounds like a £5m investment, we can use that money better later

All fair points particularly where Everton hope to finish expect to finish, I feel some of our fans are getting a giddy with their expectations of where we sit in this league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

This is where I’m at with it. No more panic buys, we’re sensibly planning for a bright future now. Mid table is fine this season, it’s progress and anything else is a bonus. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

One for our Hibs friends

Fake.

Reading were supposed to be signing him in 2017. back then he was from Cameroon.

Â