January Transfers 2021

villa4europe

I wonder who will be quoting Transfermarkt after reading this article?

Top football clubs relying on transfer valuations made by volunteers

Valuations by the football data website Transfermarkt, which can often influence transfer negotiations and have appeared on several clubs’ annual financial reports, are determined mainly by volunteers, according to an investigation.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/19/top-football-clubs-relying-on-transfer-valuations-made-by-volunteers?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

• Thanks 1

On 19/12/2020 at 09:50, astondalston said:

Valuations by the football data website Transfermarkt, which can often influence transfer negotiations and have appeared on several clubs’ annual financial reports, are determined mainly by volunteers, according to an investigation.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/19/top-football-clubs-relying-on-transfer-valuations-made-by-volunteers?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Thats crazy.

Grealish £45m

Martinex £16.2m

Barkley £19.35m

Definitely not to be relied on!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ender4 said:

Thats crazy.

Grealish £45m

Martinex £16.2m

Barkley £19.35m

Definitely not to be relied on!

It really is just down to typo's and mixing up players/values. Take the 3 you mention above, in reality they should read. ....

Grealish £162m

Martinez £ 45m (Martinez, not Martinex, see)

Barkley £9.35m 😉

Never believe the Internet.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

That kid from FC Brugge.... Charles de ketelaere, looks a real prospect.

i wonder how much he would cost?

pity Suso is gone we definitely have signed him 😛 

cant say I have seen him play but he looks about 12 but seems a highly touted prospect

Im sure there was some "don't shop in Belgium" type stuff last season after we found another couple of average players there but they are still producing them 

Vranckx is a highly rated midfielder too, then throw in Doku who has already moved, kana, verschaeren, vanheudsen who's gone to inter and back, saelemakers at Milan, vandevoordt

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Im sure there was some "don't shop in Belgium" type stuff last season after we found another couple of average players there but they are still producing them 

Vranckx is a highly rated midfielder too, then throw in Doku who has already moved, kana, verschaeren, vanheudsen who's gone to inter and back, saelemakers at Milan, vandevoordt

You are clearly an authority on Europes talented.....Bravo.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

You are clearly an authority on Europes talented.....Bravo.

Sat playing FM2021 right now ;)

Somewhere between FM and fifa they aren't always wrong, find them on there then Google them during the transfer window, Marco kana for example is he really that good or are the games overrating him? Google says he's the next kompany and linked to Liverpool so he can't be that bad... The days of the comical overrating of players on FM have seemingly disappeared (unfortunately) 

Also keeping an eye on Taylor, gravenberch and unuvar at ajax

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Premier league clubs will still spend big in January I guess but you just have to look at the summer window to see just how much Covid-19 has effected the finances ans spending power in football. Even thou I remember some arguing it wouldn't effect things.

We are very fortunate to have that massive TV-deal and rich owners who are committed to improving us.

1) Premier League – £1.26billion

Despite spending almost double the amount on players than any other league in Europe, the Premier League’s £1.26million outlay was the lowest of any summer since 2015. Indeed, this year’s spend is down £350million compared to last summer.

2) Serie A – £686.47million

Spending in Italy dropped by almost half a billion pounds

3) Ligue 1 – £385.67million

Clubs in France also cut their spending roughly in half compared to last summer

4) La Liga – £365.94million

Spanish clubs collectively turned a profit in the transfer window thanks largely to a huge reduction in spending. According to investment company Carteret Analytics, quoted by the BBC, spending in La Liga was down 46 per cent on the five-year average. Real Madrid failed to spend in the summer market for the first time in 40 years.

5) Bundesliga – £290.43million

Top-tier clubs in Germany lived within their means this summer, even turning a small profit, the equivalent of £10,000 per club.

https://www.football365.com/news/summer-2020-transfer-window-premier-league-1-26billion

Rags running a story that Arsenal are looking to buy Tariq Lamptey from Brighton, they hope to get him for £25m. The whole thing hinges on Barcelona buying Bellerin from them thou and even with only 18 months left on his contract I can't see how they can afford to. They have zero money to spend.

Really like what I've seen from Lamptey and would love him at Villa even thou he's still raw of course. Shame he plays on the right side and not the left because I doubt we'll be spending big on a RB this window. Then again with both Elmo and Guilbert likely to not be here next season he'd be a smashing option.

Yeah, Barca aren’t really in a position to be buying anyone right now, let alone an inferior right back to the one they just bought. Which means you can probably expect Bellerin to be lining up for a double foto session with Memphis Depay very soon. 

He’s a busted flush these days. He’s certainly not good enough to justify dealing with all the other bullshit he brings.  Fiorentina will probably end up buying him to go with Ribery.  

• Like 1

Totally agree he’s a problem child, akin to Balotelli in a way but clubs still take a chance on them.

Personally, I certainly wouldn’t want him here, regardless of him being a good player. His attitude and work ethic wouldn’t mix well with our current crop of players. 

Edited by theboyangel

Â