Weekends Football 11/13 December

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

They’ll go for someone sexier than that.

Allegri gave an interview last week pretty much in English to I think the Times. Said he wanted to work in England next and he'd been to the theatre a few times in London with his wife so that seems an obvious move. Doubt Pochettino would want to manage them given he was at Spurs 5 years but with some of their younger players it would probably suit his style

Just now, VillaChris said:

Doubt Pochettino would want to manage them given he was at Spurs 5 years but with some of their younger players it would probably suit his style

George Graham did it, albeit the other way round, and we had our very own version of that with TSM.

Doubt he will go there though, as he will get better offers than a relegation threatened bunch of self entitled whingers like Arsenal.

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

George Graham did it, albeit the other way round, and we had our very own version of that with TSM.

Doubt he will go there though, as he will get better offers than a relegation threatened bunch of self entitled whingers like Arsenal.

Pochettino is waiting for Man. United, think that's clear although don't think OGS will be sacked before the summer so perhaps he'll get tired of waiting.

Will we finish within 10 points of Arsenal, that's the big question OFTR.😉

26 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Saka is the only player i'd take into the Villa eleven. Possibly Gabriel too. Luiz i rate ahead of Partey

I don't rate their players at all

I'd take Aubameyang, he's just out of form at the moment, low in confidence. form is temporary, class is permanent. 

25 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

They seem to have a lot of faith in Arteta, but he could definitely lose the next three and surely if he does there will have to be a change?

Is it me or is it completely unjustified faith? Ok, he worked with Guardiola for a bit. Giving him a job as big as Arsenal for his first managerial role is madness. At least Lampard and Ole had cut their teeth at some other clubs for a bit (and  Ole was only meant to be temporary).

He's only had a year in the job, but he should never have been given it in the first place.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I'd take Aubameyang, he's just out of form at the moment, low in confidence. form is temporary, class is permanent. 

You would play him over Watkins?

Watkins has more to his game imo. Better at hold up play. Better linkup player. Better in the air

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Is it me or is it completely unjustified faith? Ok, he worked with Guardiola for a bit. Giving him a job as big as Arsenal for his first managerial role is madness. At least Lampard and Ole had cut their teeth at some other clubs for a bit (and  Ole was only meant to be temporary).

He's only had a year in the job, but he should never have been given it in the first place.

Its obvious that his staff arent really offering much in terms of quality, I see Villa legend Steve Round is his assistant

They needed to put a senior person next to him to guide him like United did with Phelan

Just now, Zatman said:

Its obvious that his staff arent really offering much in terms of quality, I see Villa legend Steve Round is his assistant

I have genuinely never heard of him. Looked up what he did for us and when, and that explains it. It's in the trauma years that my mind won't let me recall.

Â