Top of the league?

One For The Road

Villa will be top of the league as soon as we kick off on Friday night (as it stands etc). If we get at least a point we will finish the night as such.

When was the last time we were top of the Premier League? And were we ever even top of the Championship?

Also, when did we last win 5 straight games in the top flight? As we will have done if we win our next game.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Villa will be top of the league as soon as we kick off on Friday night (as it stands etc). If we get at least a point we will finish the night as such.

When was the last time we were top of the Premier League? And were we ever even top of the Championship?

Also, when did we last win 5 straight games in the top flight? As we will have done if we win our next game.

The headiest heights we reached in the Championship was 2nd, for one fortnight in the 17/18 season.

The highest in the PL I can remember recentlywas when we were 4th after 4 games and 10 points in 2014/15. Alan Hutton and Gabby Agbonlahor got new contracts off the back of that :lol:

Pretty sure we were 3rd/2nd at some points under MON too.

Edited by Keyblade

3 hours ago, One For The Road said:

When was the last time we were top of the Premier League?

Last time I can recall was after beating Spurs at WHL sometime in late October, maybe 2000?

Edited by maqroll

This is such an unusual feeling as a Villa fan. I don't want this to end, life is pretty awful right now other wise. Wish I could return to VP for a match this season. Will it be possible in late spring for fans to return to stadia?

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

The start to a season that dreams are made of! And we can sit where we are in the knowledge that it hasn’t been handed to us with a simple start, we’ve beaten two of the current top 4 (last seasons champions and the 5th placed team) and a team that flirted with top 4/5 last season before finishing 9th. So three our opening 4 fixtures have been against good teams. I’m going to soak it up and just enjoy it for what it is, a great start. We’ve already amassed more than a third of the points total from the entirety of last season, after FOUR games! What’s not to love about that?! 

Â