Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Didnt say he didnt i said he doesnt score the goals bailey did.  When did you see traore score a counter  attacking goal like the one gaaibst utd. Traore just moments if quality and skill. But his overall game was poor. Dint know if you remember that game where he didnt fancy it and went iff with a  minor injury 

He was a very frustrating player. Bailey for me is lacking confidence thats what i  think the problem is with him. He will come good trust me. Traore wont 😃

Of course he was injured. Traore has already been very good for us.

Traore did well because he could try things and more often than not when it didn’t come off there wasn’t 40k fans on his back. Give him a season with a full crowd and he would be a shadow of the player he was during lock down. I’m convinced of that.

Alternatively put Bailey in the covid season and he would have smashed it. 

• Like 1

Was never a fan of him but it's plain to see Emery can get more out of players.

Wouldn't mind him coming back and Emery seeing if he can fit him in. If McGinn can play in that advanced role, Traore can.

22 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Was never a fan of him but it's plain to see Emery can get more out of players.

Wouldn't mind him coming back and Emery seeing if he can fit him in. If McGinn can play in that advanced role, Traore can.

I was thinking this myself. Look, I don’t rate Traore, never really have in all honesty, but can he be worse or less consistent (being kind) than Bailey and Buendia?

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I was thinking this myself. Look, I don’t rate Traore, never really have in all honesty, but can he be worse or less consistent (being kind) than Bailey and Buendia?

I think he can but he’ll probably get the summer to show Emery what he can do. 

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he can but he’ll probably get the summer to show Emery what he can do. 

Emery wont fancy him i dont think.

Can see a few players being offloaded in Jan or the summer, and Traore will probably be one of them (if we can even sell him - im sure his wages are 80k p/w ish).

Cant see many teams being able to afford those kind of wages, and any that can would want a better player for that kind of money, most probably.

maybe we will get lucky.

1 hour ago, ozvilla28 said:

I don't think both of our last 2 managers did him any favours to.be honest his got pace and skill to burn can't me any worse then Bailey.

He hasn't got pace though, not electric pace anyway. That's not really what his game's about. It's skill and intelligence.

He'll still have a year left on his deal in the summer so while I think he's more likely to be moved on for 5-6m he'll have a pre season to impress Emery (if he isn't playing endless games for Burkina Faso of course).

No idea how he's been getting on elsewhere but don't see the point recalling him mid season when we'll sign another forward player at some point this window.

I'm in the minority who rated this guy, would love to see him recalled and play in this Emery team. 

Really exciting to watch when he's on it

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

He hasn't got pace though, not electric pace anyway. That's not really what his game's about. It's skill and intelligence.

I loved the way he used to intelligently play cross field passes without looking across his own box. ;)

Imagine he did that in front of a crowd.

It's hard to know how much of his one good season at Villa was down to lack of fans and the space afforded to him on the right side due to Jack on left. Traore got 2 goals and 2 assists in 14 games when Jack was out. He's not managed great stats in Turkey yet either with just one goal and 2 assists in the league there.

We all need to accept we had to sign players that we could get to join us as a newly promoted side and then a side that barely avoided relegation. Still in those difficult transfer markets we managed to get some quality players who are regulars at the club now (or were until they departed). 

Konsa, Mings, Targett, Cash, Martinez, Luiz, Watkins. 

Traore will have 1 year left on his contract when he returns and a remaining book value of ~£4.25m. I'm hopeful we can find a buyer at more than that given Anwar left for £3.5m and Trez for £4m. Traore had better output in the Prem so hopefully he gets his stats up in Turkey 

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's hard to know how much of his one good season at Villa was down to lack of fans and the space afforded to him on the right side due to Jack on left. Traore got 2 goals and 2 assists in 14 games when Jack was out. He's not managed great stats in Turkey yet either with just one goal and 2 assists in the league there.

We all need to accept we had to sign players that we could get to join us as a newly promoted side and then a side that barely avoided relegation. Still in those difficult transfer markets we managed to get some quality players who are regulars at the club now (or were until they departed). 

Konsa, Mings, Targett, Cash, Martinez, Luiz, Watkins. 

Traore will have 1 year left on his contract when he returns and a remaining book value of ~£4.25m. I'm hopeful we can find a buyer at more than that given Anwar left for £3.5m and Trez for £4m. Traore had better output in the Prem so hopefully he gets his stats up in Turkey 

He’s numbers were good but his general play was frustrating has hell. He isn’t good enough for us. The only reason he is getting so much praise now is because he isn’t playing so by default he must be better than Bailey. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Traore did well because he could try things and more often than not when it didn’t come off there wasn’t 40k fans on his back. Give him a season with a full crowd and he would be a shadow of the player he was during lock down. I’m convinced of that.

Alternatively put Bailey in the covid season and he would have smashed it. 

Thats a good point.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

I don't think both of our last 2 managers did him any favours to be honest his got pace and skill to burn can't be any worse then Bailey.

Why you making out bailey is useless? He clearly isnt

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why you making out bailey is useless? He clearly isnt

Bailey ranks high in this Prem season in attacking stats and successful dribbles. He's just had some big misses in the Liverpool and Wolves games which has people on his back atm. He's a better player than Traore. Also we need to remember Bailey is being played up front not off the wing where I think and I assume he thinks he's best suited.

His big flaws are his atrocious passing and poor defensively. But look at the Brentfort and United performances and you'll see his best qualities. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats a good point.

Thanks Dem. Crowds are a massive part of football. That season was just bizarre and really shouldn’t be referenced to make points. I mean we beat Liverpool 7-2 and Bamford scored 17 goals ffs. Including a hatrick at Villa!

These things just aren’t normal. 

Wingers are the most hot and cold of all the players and then this Villa team are incredibly hot and cold. Luiz/Kamara went from looking an elite pairing to being overrun in space of a few days. 

I think with players we know are moving on we should move on from them. Like Traore

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Thanks Dem. Crowds are a massive part of football. That season was just bizarre and really shouldn’t be referenced to make points. I mean we beat Liverpool 7-2 and Bamford scored 17 goals ffs. Including a hatrick at Villa!

These things just aren’t normal. 

Exactly. Some bizarre play. We never would have beaten liverpool 7-2 if there was fans. That was just a crazy season. Its made how fans make such a difference 

Â