Matty Cash

paul514

40 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think has our aspirations increase certain players will be found out in terms of their limits. Alas, Cash is, imo, one of those players. He was as woeful as can be last night, and it's becoming a regular occurrence, hence, the preference for Konsa to fill that position, and that doesn't help because he is our best defensive centre - half and we are a much better side when hin and Torres are side by side. 

I would honestly be tempted to play the young Hayden on Sunday, regardless of the importance of the game. He couldn't be worse than that performance from MC last night, it really is time to give some of our promising youngsters the chance to impress. The same with Kadan Young, why continually have him on the bench and the be reluctant to play him.

We need to see some bold decisions from Emery, it's all becoming a bit too samey, samey.

The thing is sheepy, you can't highlight, one players inadequacies, without upsetting his fan club.....For me, most of the team, was at fault.....and when that happens, its hard to see any good, in any of them, during those games.

I feel, I know whats wrong, and that influences my attendance in cup games, because I have paid for the league.....I am just waiting patiently now, to see a change, but I am damned to know how to change it.

It frustrates me to see us play like this.....But I hope, Unai, can identify the problem, and nail it.

I have witnessed very few games, where the team is up for it, and goes after the opposition.....Newcastle at Home, Last Season, Man U at home last season....Man City & Arsenal.....I can count them on One hand.....For where we want to go, we need more than that.

Edited by TRO

8 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Think he just needs to be told to not overlap or try to get forward unless we're in the final third of the pitch. Otherwise just mark the space and concentrate on defending. 

I actually think the cutting inside when he could cross is simply an Emery/coaching instruction.

Unai probably went through the roof at seeing him charging forward and overhitting crosses in the early days so now he's been told unless Ollie is totally unmarked to check back and pass to one of the midfielders so we can circulate the ball around the box and try to create a chance that way.

He has his limits but he's lightyears ahead of some of the poor FBs we've had in the last 15 years so that's where the criticism is harsh.

He's exactly like Dan Burn at Newcastle. Played his part in a team rising up to european places so a good value signing for the fee paid but now getting exposed and will be replaced in the summer by a younger model.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I actually think the cutting inside when he could cross is simply an Emery/coaching instruction.

Unai probably went through the roof at seeing him charging forward and overhitting crosses in the early days so now he's been told unless Ollie is totally unmarked to check back and pass to one of the midfielders so we can circulate the ball around the box and try to create a chance that way.

He has his limits but he's lightyears ahead of some of the poor FBs we've had in the last 15 years so that's where the criticism is harsh.

He's exactly like Dan Burn at Newcastle. Played his part in a team rising up to european places so a good value signing for the fee paid but now getting exposed and will be replaced in the summer by a younger model.

He doesn't have many opportunities to cross though, because he can't beat a man.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TRO said:

The thing is sheepy, you can't highlight, one players inadequacies, without upsetting his fan club.....For me, most of the team, was at fault.....and when that happens, its hard to see any good, in any of them, during those games.

I feel, I know whats wrong, and that influences my attendance in cup games, because I have paid for the league.....I am just waiting patiently now, to see a change, but I am damned to know how to change it.

It frustrates me to see us play like this.....But I hope, Unai, can identify the problem, and nail it.

I have witnessed very few games, where the team is up for it, and goes after the opposition.....Newcastle at Home, Last Season, Man U at home last season....Man City & Arsenal.....I can count them on One hand.....For where we want to go, we need more than that.

As far as "fan clubs" go, you know me, I couldn't give a Tom - Tit. Players are there to be praised and also to be criticised, and as long as it's constructive criticism then like it or lump it. The reason I singled out Cash is because he has lost his place to a centre - half, also, the club's decision to buy a promising 19yr old right - back. He has one good game in 15, it's not good enough for where we want to be. At least a couple of those youngsters from the Youth Cup success should be getting their chance to impress, not in some meaningless game or when we're 5 - 0 up, but in the big games where mentality is imperative, trust them to trust in themselves. Some of our best full - backs came through the ranks. Gibson, Aitkin, Williams and Dorigo, just to name a few. Like I said, maybe the manager needs to be a little bolder, because he looked almost lost the other night.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

As far as "fan clubs" go, you know me, I couldn't give a Tom - Tit. Players are there to be praised and also to be criticised, and as long as it's constructive criticism then like it or lump it. The reason I singled out Cash is because he has lost his place to a centre - half, also, the club's decision to buy a promising 19yr old right - back. He has one good game in 15, it's not good enough for where we want to be. At least a couple of those youngsters from the Youth Cup success should be getting their chance to impress, not in some meaningless game or when we're 5 - 0 up, but in the big games where mentality is imperative, trust them to trust in themselves. Some of our best full - backs came through the ranks. Gibson, Aitkin, Williams and Dorigo, just to name a few. Like I said, maybe the manager needs to be a little bolder, because he looked almost lost the other night.

Thats the spirit..........conviction, I love it.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Tom13 said:

He doesn't have many opportunities to cross though, because he can't beat a man.

I think his issue is, he is neither a full back or a winger of any ilk.....but been a good servant to us, on the journey back to respectability.

I don't want to start assassinating players, after such a great season to date.......but I think this is  Unai's reference, to when he said " only 10% of his work is done"

We have players who will inevitably be moved on as we progress....its all part of the journey of being top 4 ready.

On 08/02/2024 at 19:53, TRO said:

I'm not sure you mean tve same thing, but it seems to me like too often we play reserved, even scared. That is not how winning teams play. I understand it takes time to develop that identity. We have maybe turned the corner too quickly, and now need to take a pause and regroup.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I'm not sure you mean tve same thing, but it seems to me like too often we play reserved, even scared. That is not how winning teams play. I understand it takes time to develop that identity. We have maybe turned the corner too quickly, and now need to take a pause and regroup.

The way we played against Cheath and Arsenal proves, on our day, we are capable of giving even the best a game, but like you said, it's almost like the weight of expectation that comes when you're suddenly competing with the best as become almost overwhelming. As we know, regardless of the opposition, you still have to earn every victory and just because things happen that you thought weren't part of the script, doesn't mean you wallow in self - pity. The body language amongst our players on Wednesday was embarrassing, you're absolutely correct to use the term "scared." 

We're looking like a team whose become spoilt, success has maybe come too quick and, dare I say, too easy. 

Until we start treating every game with the respect and importance it requires , I'm afraid we will end up being the orchestraters of our own failure. 

Hopefully, Unai has told and implored the players that we have to be focused and committed from the first minute and not drop our heads at the first sign of adversity. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I am not going to suggest, whats wrong, because it just becomes a duck shoot and the point lost.

but something is wrong......and if we put it right on Sunday, I will be the first to say...well done.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

The way we played against Cheath and Arsenal proves, on our day, we are capable of giving even the best a game, but like you said, it's almost like the weight of expectation that comes when you're suddenly competing with the best as become almost overwhelming. As we know, regardless of the opposition, you still have to earn every victory and just because things happen that you thought weren't part of the script, doesn't mean you wallow in self - pity. The body language amongst our players on Wednesday was embarrassing, you're absolutely correct to use the term "scared." 

We're looking like a team whose become spoilt, success has maybe come too quick and, dare I say, too easy. 

Until we start treating every game with the respect and importance it requires , I'm afraid we will end up being the orchestraters of our own failure. 

Hopefully, Unai has told and implored the players that we have to be focused and committed from the first minute and not drop our heads at the first sign of adversity. 

I am a tad surprised you wrote that, because I know how passionate you are about our team and your glass is always half full.

but I applaud you for having the conkers to say it.....Like you sheepy, I don't know whats wrong, I can only offer suggestions.

I too, hope Unai is able to rediscover our earlier season form.....I am absolutely certain, he can see the flaws, whether he can rectify them, so soon, I am not sure...fingers crossed.

UTV

Just now, TRO said:

I am not going to suggest, whats wrong, because it just becomes a duck shoot and the point lost.

but something is wrong......and if we put it right on Sunday, I will be the first to say...well done.

And, we have to learn that, ultimately, you usually get what you deserve. If we can maintain that attitude, we won't have to "put it right" to the point where it's becoming a bad habit. 

Everyone raved about how we played against the champions of Europe, but it was our mentality that they underestimated, hence, the winning run Cheath went on after that defeat. It's the ability to learn from you're mistakes that are important, unfortunately we're still making the same ones over and over again. 

Lovely football is great, especially when you're winning, but attitude is what fans require, at all times, even in defeat you can be appreciated, as long as you have given your all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

And, we have to learn that, ultimately, you usually get what you deserve. If we can maintain that attitude, we won't have to "put it right" to the point where it's becoming a bad habit. 

Everyone raved about how we played against the champions of Europe, but it was our mentality that they underestimated, hence, the winning run Cheath went on after that defeat. It's the ability to learn from you're mistakes that are important, unfortunately we're still making the same ones over and over again. 

Lovely football is great, especially when you're winning, but attitude is what fans require, at all times, even in defeat you can be appreciated, as long as you have given your all.

Good points, Sheepy.....its not the losing, its the manner of the loss.....just like its not the conceding, its the manner of it, that draws criticism.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

Â