Call of Duty: Warzone

Genie

Yeah having played a few games now not a lot of note has really changed. They've put some warmer filters on the game and added some grass. Factory is an okay change and there's some small quality of life improvements like ladders up to previously innacessible roofs and ever so slightly less tall buildings, but everything else is a bit meh. Stadium especially is pretty disappointing, it used to be a decent drop now it's just a massive open space no one goes anywhere near. And of course it's pretty buggy.

The gun balance actually seems good though for the first time in a while, plenty of viable options.

'New' map is a load better. I've been panning it for months slagging off the re-skin as a cop out. Which it still kinda is but the refresh of Verdansk is super impressive and a lot brighter and less campy.

1) Factory is a great addition, filling the space between Hangars and Super and making it feel a bit like the Mialstor Tank Factory from the MP. 

2) Stadium change is HUGE. Far less campy where youd have a team of sweats mid-level camping the entire area around it unable to be hit by airstrikes strikes 

3) Dam being reworked into Summit meaning fewer campers on there shooting down - annoyingly this does mean they've switched to Duga at Array for the camping but it's far easier to hit and airstrike people on top of that 

4) More buildings being added in Boneyard and Farmland which helps with cover when moving

5) Fairly sure ATC has been made a little shorter? Feels less camped there

6) Gulag a lot more adventurous with more of a mix of guns and melee weapons and more areas to move "unseen".

7) Crossing between Stadium and Farmland now is being built so far more cover for the crossing there which means less helpful for those camping whoppers at Stadium!

8 ) Big building gone from back of quarry. Halle-****-lujah. One of the worst buildings to try and push and is always camped by snipers

9) Buy stations moved (looking straight at you Lumber!) Making it a little more difficult for buy station campers to camp.

All in all good changes!

• Like 1

Also my KD last season after my account was stolen was at 0.92 KD and 43% Gulag win rate... season 3 is as it stands is 1.53 KD and 65% Gulag win rate. So I feel like the changes have worked in my favour 

I think the map is better for sure, but the game still needs an entirely new map. We were also denied what would've been our first back to back wins last night because a team was exploiting the glitch under stadium. We then got wiped literally the next game by a team doing the same thing at train station. I don't know how many areas of the map you can currently clip into but I imagine it'll be months before they find and fix them all.

I swear if i load up the game and it tells me I'm missing one of the multiplayer packs 1 more time it's all getting deleted.

3 times now I've redownloaded, had a few games of TDM, loaded it up a few days later only to be told that the pack I downloaded a few days ago is no longer installed!

3 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I swear if i load up the game and it tells me I'm missing one of the multiplayer packs 1 more time it's all getting deleted.

3 times now I've redownloaded, had a few games of TDM, loaded it up a few days later only to be told that the pack I downloaded a few days ago is no longer installed!

I get the same on xbox, but I can just click B, and skip into the main menu and it doesn't make me download it. Dunno if it'll work the same for you!

• 4 months later...

2 days later it still hasn't installed the campaign so I put some hours in to multiplayer 

Its OK, same old COD, domination is the only game mode I enjoy playing and it's bizarrely full of people who don't try and play the objectives, haven't played a COD game in a long time so can never remember which game had the better levelling system but this seems to have a load of loot box guff anyway, the ones I really got sucked in to was where you needed 10,000 kills with each gun and then 1, 000 headshots to get it in gold or something daft, they also seem to have got rid of the tag if you got a kingslayer medal 1,000 times and stuff like that which is a shame because chasing those things down always appealed more to me that ratios and compitions 

The other weird thing is the use of the old maps, I didn't know they'd done it, not sure if it works yet, sometimes I play maps that I like such as the Hollywood mansion but then other times I'm like wheres the airport map that one was great, not sure why they've elevated zoo alongside nuke town as its not a good map

Edit - it's the first shooter I've played on the new controller, it's brilliant but not always in a good way, it means that playing with all the attachments does have a difference in how it feels to play, I've chopped and changed a fair bit as I've levelled the ak47 up and there's certain grips and things that I definitely felt for better or worse, really cool, will experiment more with it 

Edited by villa4europe

• 1 month later...

Interested to see the new map Caldera after a year and a half in Verdansk. Hopefully it's a fun map to play on with cover and not too many rat holes.

Vanguard weapon integration will be interesting given Vanguard weapons have 10 attachments... although 2 are perks. Will they keep that or have it as a 5 attachment limit? I also hope but am not expecting the environment to be indestructible in places too like in MP

I would quite like it if they restructured Warzone to be Warzone 2.

The new Caldera map would then be there and the only guns would be from the Vanguard selection.

Everything else (bar possibly skins) is reset and everyone starts fresh.

I meant a destructible environment not indestructible... autocorrect changed it.

I reckon itll run off the old MW place it does now Dante. Cold War didn't change it so I don't see Vanguard doing it either.

Expecting the STG and Combat Shotgun to be instantly meta in WZ. Type 100 will be nerfed but feels a lot like the Fennec or AS VAL where the clip size renders it useless in trios and quads 

• 4 weeks later...

Played the new map Caldera today. Got a few issues.... a lot of bugs they need to sort out. A lot. But the gameplay was really fun and its lit better than Verdansk without it being egregiously bright up slopes as Verdansk was. After getting an extra day early access a few streamers are now whining about the map as it's clearly dawned on them it's harder to charge around going UAV Bounty and repeat because it's far more open and not anywhere near as campy so they can latch onto super easy kills. Shock 😂

• Like 1

I was hoping they'd be braver, rip the plaster off and leave MW19/BOCW behind, implement some bigger changes to gameplay (I was a big fan of the Iron Trials mode they did a while back, more of that sort of thing), as is once the novelty of the new map wears off I'm not sure there's enough to get me playing regularly again, but maybe the map design combined with the minor changes they've made will prove me wrong and shake up the gameplay loop a bit. It does seem a bit silly having three games worth of weapons though, particularly with so many duplicates now, and when we all know they'll make sure it's the Vanguard weapons that are meta anyway.

Console only crossplay would be nice too, but I doubt they'll ever implement that.

• 2 weeks later...

The issue with Warzone format is the amount of time you need to put in to level up the OP guns, it doesn't keep causal players around and you end up with a sweat fest.

I've played a bit of the new map, it looks nice but it's also just a massive mountain you constantly trying to get up and it's easy to end up in a spot where you are just screwed.

Â