Call of Duty: Warzone

Genie

Call of Duty: Warzone is a free-to-play battle royale video game released on March 10, 2020, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. The game is a part of the 2019 title Call of Duty: Modern Warfare but does not require purchase of it.

Anyone else playing this? I installed yesterday (100gb!) and had a quick bash. It looks really good fun and very similar in lots of ways to Fortnite. 

5 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Yeh love this game. Only play squads or trios though, it's strange how much the game changes in solos, absolute camp fest.

I find duos the hardest game type. With solos I try to move with the gas as much as possible so you only have to cover what’s in front of you. Also i avoid going inside buildings as much as possible unless I’m actively looting/completing contracts. 

It's a great game, but the net code makes is absolutely unplayable for me.  

Played for a week, kept getting killed around corners to Shinto, Junji and other Japanese names players - deleted.

And I put up with Apex net code, also trash, but less so. 

Being used to BF net code spoils you, but can still be frustrating at times. 

9 hours ago, Genie said:

I switched to Plunder and I'm having far more joy. You respawn after each death which makes learning the maps much better. 

Yeah that’s where I started out too. The adjustment to having to nail someone with 20-30 bullets from the usual 5 or 6 in multiplayer is a huge learning curve. Make sure all your guns have extended mags and silencers for battle royale too!

• Thanks 1

I am getting pretty bored with Fortnite, and I don't like the direction it is going. How does this compare? Is it a good replacement?

I am considering downloading this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Whats weird is there are lots of YouTube videos of the new map being played.   Maybe its a mode specific map (only thinking this cuz im Johnny No Mates and play solos - badly).  I think most of the footage I've seen has people in squads. 

Â