Call of Duty: Warzone

Genie

WZ is in an awful state atm. Yesterday's 50gb patch basically did nothing but re-introduce old bugs and break a load of weapons. Somehow the FFAR/AUG still haven't been nerfed, they're the only guns anyone is using. And if the leaks are to be believed the 'new' map is just a 1980s re-skin of Verdansk. Game's been a complete mess since the CW integration and they seemingly can't/won't get on top of it.

But hey, there's a new reactive MAC-10 skin in the store..

Yeah, it's gonna be really disappointing if it's just a re-skin. Since the cold war integration my KD is down by .1. The game is incredibly sweaty now, and I really don't see why I should be playing against PC players - it's like they're playing a different game to me entirely. 

I do like the current gulag set up however (win a gulag, you get another one until you lose in there).

33 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'm still sure a lot of people who end up killing me are using some sort of auto-aim or aim assist. The way they lock onto my head as I'm moving is... suspect.

The Killcams always look dodgy because they're sped up by about 30% so people's aim often looks snappier than it actually is. Nonetheless as @Milfnermentioned when you're forced to play in PC lobbies there's always that uncertainty. I don't doubt the cheating problem stretches further than obvious aimbotters, I imagine there's tonnes of people just using wall hacks or 'soft' aimbot that go completely unnoticed.

50 minutes ago, Milfner said:

I do like the current gulag set up however (win a gulag, you get another one until you lose in there).

I haven't played much since the update but you can have multiple gulags now? Also the current gulag layout is so one sided, they claimed to have fixed the balance by removing the car but now the opposite side is way more powerful.

Not sure if it's a permanent addition or not, but there's essentially unlimited gulag as long as you win each time after you die. Won four in one game last night :D

The SBMM in this game is stupid. I have around a 2 KD and my mates have between 0.6-1 KD and if they play with me they get put into diamond lobbies (once got put into a top 2% ranked lobby), it's not fun for me and it's not fun for them. 

I haven't spent a penny on this game so hoping something new comes out soon, I do love the battle royale formats though.

• Like 1

I wish you didn’t have to have warzone installed on Modern Warfare. I just want to play normal multiplayer and have to install endless updates.

12 minutes ago, jim said:

I wish you didn’t have to have warzone installed on Modern Warfare. I just want to play normal multiplayer and have to install endless updates.

I worry for the future of standard multiplayer. They've said WZ is their primary focus now and I fear the yearly MP releases are essentially just going to become content packs for WZ. Although if the rumoured WW2 setting of the next game is to be believed it'll be interesting to see how they go about integrating that. It will also be hilarious when they release a reactive pink anime skin for a Thompson.

• Like 1

This game is still in a really poor state. Ever since the CW integration it's been getting worse and worse.  With the FFAR and AUG, the TTK is so low it feels like playing normal Call of Duty multiplayer. If someone sees you before you see them you're dead. 

I'd like to see them introduce a game mode with a more traditional BR feel.

- Remove Loadouts

- Remove the mini map

- But keep buy stations (with loadouts removed)

The variation of games would be much better if everyone was reliant on using ground floor loot. Would make the game more enjoyable imo. The removal of loudouts would make looting dead bodies much more important too.

I think Warzone is in real danger of dying if DICE do a good job with BF6.

Edited by PieFacE

Anyone else get the packet burst issue as well? Played 3 games yesterday and got it for 2 games, just stutters and lag. I killed someone off the drop and their death com was "My game lagging". I know it's not my end, the servers are awful.

I think I'm probably done with this game, it's not been fun for a while now but struggling to find a replacement. 

Packet "Burst" Icon Constant and Lag. Please Help! : modernwarfare

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

Anyone else get the packet burst issue as well? Played 3 games yesterday and got it for 2 games, just stutters and lag. I killed someone off the drop and their death com was "My game lagging". I know it's not my end, the servers are awful.

I think I'm probably done with this game, it's not been fun for a while now but struggling to find a replacement. 

It's this, their servers are terrible. Every now and then I get put into a game where everyone's stuttering around at ~5fps, and it's the same for everyone in my squad, so I can only assume it's the entire lobby. It's another thing that seemed to get noticeably worse after CW came out. The killcams often show something completely different to what I experienced as well, either I'll be in cover on my end but wide out in the open on theirs, or I die instantly my end but on their screen they were firing at me for a full second or more but all the bullets arrived at once on my end due to packet burst.

They really need a competent competitor but like you say there's not much about til BF6 comes out. Hell Let Loose is coming to console soon apparently but it's not really a COD competitor.

• 3 weeks later...

“New” map comes out today. Basically just a reskin of Verdansk by the looks of it. Happy they’ve freshened it up but really think they could’ve drop an entirely new map tbh, it’s been over a year now. 

• Like 1

Fair play the latest patch notes were actually detailed, and seemed to address most of the balance issues, and even pre-empt some new ones, even if it did take an entire season. Fingers crossed they didn't finally balance the game only to make the two new weapons completely overpowered.. 

Yesterday's event however was a complete shit show, multiple server crashes, server queues, connection issues, none of me and my friends could even see eachother online even when we did finally get in, and ultimately the event itself was pretty underwhelming. Hopefully 'part 2' is a little better.

9 hours ago, Milfner said:

“New” map comes out today. Basically just a reskin of Verdansk by the looks of it. Happy they’ve freshened it up but really think they could’ve drop an entirely new map tbh, it’s been over a year now. 

Apparently there was a new map that was leaked a while back (Ural Mountains) and their intention was to kill WZ and move over to the Cold War engine for Blackout 2 on said map, but with the unexpected success of WZ and the Modern Warfare engine they decided to scrap it and chuck together this re-skin last minute. I don't know how much of that is true but it kinda makes sense, hence the original 'nuke' event before Black Ops came out and the rushed and poorly executed integration of the CW weapons.

Edited by Delphouneso

Grealish is even in the new Warzone trailer. Madness.

Event yesterday was awful, crashed left right and centre and for an "In Game" event all it was is a cut scene. Part 2 in a couple of hours, not played this game for ages due to the SBMM and server issues but interested in the new map.

That was not an in game event after all, just a video after a game. 

Map colour tone is better, a couple of new buildings but 95%+ is still exactly the same layout as before. Will drum up some hype for a few days but this is a massive L for me. They need to make the game more appealing, I haven't played for a while I have no desire to go level up all the new meta guns now and if you don't do that you don't stand a chance.

The changes they've made isn't enough to keep me interested in playing Warzone for another year. Needed a new map. Verdansk has been getting boring for a while now, the minor changes made aren't enough to keep it interesting imo. 

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

The changes they've made isn't enough to keep me interested in playing Warzone for another year. Needed a new map. Verdansk has been getting boring for a while now, the minor changes made aren't enough to keep it interesting imo. 

Not warzone related, but still involves Cold War; it appears the devs are determined to push Onslaught down our throats rather than concentrating on the main Zombies mode.  I hear there's no plan to put a new map in at all during season 3 which is ridiculous.  It's always been the standout mode for a lot of players and now it's being pushed to one side so this new mode can be marketed stronger. 

Â