Academy General Topic

smetrov

Slightly baffled as to why Meade didn't take a penalty as have seen videos of him curling in free-kicks from distance, he seems to place them as well, was only for third place anyway, and in a pre-season tournament at that, so doesn't really matter, will have been a good experience for them and good for their development.

Across the tournament I thought all our players showed some promise, number five Woody Burgess hasn't been mentioned but I thought he looked good, gets stuck in, good close control in tight situatons, and good passer too, was very impressed with Meade in that last game, especially with how young he is, some great close control from him, and went on a few good runs, great goal too.

From what I've seen our squad was

Sam Proctor 1, Spencer Tootell gk, Aston McWilliams 2, Triston Rowe 4, Max Asante Boakye 3, Junior Wilson 17, Tionne Critchlow, Teddie Bloomfield, Rodrio Fortes 12, Woody Burgess 5, Tj Carroll 6, Alfie Lynskey 15, Vincent Haywood 16, Cole Ramsey 14, Bradley Burrowes 7, Cole Brannigan 10, Luka Lynch 11, Markie Meade 18, Ben Broggio 8, Elija Briscoe 9

• Thanks 1

Our U18s lost 2-1 to Cambridge yesterday, I think quite a few U16s were involved although eleven of them were in Germany, not counting Meade who is a U15, Jack McGrath U15 made his U18 debut, interesting to see him involved this early.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Looks like Aidan Borland has been confirmed in a very roundabout way: the Scotland U17 squad graphic lists him as a Villa rather than Celtic player.

I did post a few weeks ago that he’d signed along with others, not sure why it’s not been announced .

22 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

These lads are dressing up sharp for the signings, great to see!

Yes definitely a refreshing change from some overpriced garish duds you usually see (however neither are a patch on Jean Il Makoun’s tank top!) 

• Like 1

Our U15s won the Merseyside International Cup over the last few days, we were in a table with Liverpool, Vejle BK, Nottingham Forest, Nacka FC, and Supra Academy, final standings here

I don't know the earlier results, but last two games we beat Nottingham Forest 4-0 and Liverpool 3-0

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Going well against a strong Spurs team, 3-0 up, Pavey and Wilson twice with the goals, Lynch and Broggio both have an assist each.

No Jimoh in the squad, I hope West Brom aren't messing us about on that transfer, as strange it hasn't been conirmed yet, no Borland as he's away with Scotland U17s.

• Like 2

U16s also beat Spurs 4-0 today, Markie Meade got a couple of assists, Vinnie Haywood got one as well, don't know who the scorers were.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

On 12/08/2023 at 12:52, useless said:

No Jimoh in the squad, I hope West Brom aren't messing us about on that transfer, as strange it hasn't been conirmed yet, no Borland as he's away with Scotland U17s.

He posted a claret heart and lion on his instagram, so hopefully that's a sign that the deal is close to being allowed to be officially announced

On 12/08/2023 at 14:32, useless said:

U16s also beat Spurs 4-0 today, Markie Meade got a couple of assists, Vinnie Haywood got one as well, don't know who the scorers were.

Cole Ramsey got one of the goals assisted by Meade

Â