Academy General Topic

smetrov

I forget the name of the younger brother sorry, I think he's quite a bit younger so might be a while before we see him, I know they both signed for us at the same time though. Dylan is U16s captain and has already been on the bench for the U18s, he's a central midfielder.

• Thanks 1

I think the loans we have planned for some of our fringe academy graduates have to be to the Championship.

League 1 is to much of a step down, for any of our aspiring youth, if they/us  have ambitions for Premier League football.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think the loans we have planned for some of our fringe academy graduates have to be to the Championship.

League 1 is to much of a step down, for any of our aspiring youth, if they/us  have ambitions for Premier League football.

Jack Grealish went on loan to a then league 1 Notts County

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

42 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Jack Grealish went on loan to a then league 1 Notts County

yes he did, and there are exceptions to every rule.

In the next season we went down, so most of Jacks time was in the championship, which was more pro rata, to what we have now....one league step up, when they come back.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

yes he did, and there are exceptions to every rule.

In the next season we went down, so most of Jacks time was in the championship, which was more pro rata, to what we have now....one league step up, when they come back.

I agree, players have to relish it, Grealish did for us, it was funny watching Grealish in The Championship

On 14/11/2021 at 21:40, useless said:

I would't be surprised to see us raid Albion for some more youngsters, Lino Sousa, Jamal Jimoh, Leo Cardoso, and Reyes Cleary all highly rated. There have been rumours that Sousa might have already agreed to join us, turns seventeen in January so might hear something then as he can then sign a professional contract.

The bolded part won't be happening, he's signed for Arsenal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He played at the weekend, I don't know who we played or what the score was though. Must have been a behind closed doors friendly, we had been due to play Chelsea but that was postponed presumably because they had a FA Youth Cup game, that Chelsea has now been rescheduled for Tuesday next week. We did play small heath since the Leicester game in which he got sent off, so would seem harsh if his suspension goes beyond that.

Edited by useless

As far as I know Patterson hasn't played since late November, unless he played in the above mentioned behind closed doors friendly. Whether he's injured or not I don't know, he won't have a missed a lot of games though, as the academy teams have more of a break over Christmas, U23s have only just got going again, and U18s still haven't played any official matches since before Christmas.

I think we also have to manage his and one or two of the others' game time differently because they stil go to school, so might not be able to attend training as regularly as some of the older players.

Now that Chrisene is back, will be interesting to see if we're still going to use him as a left-back, I watched him for the U18s last season in midfield and he was probably our standout player, and bearing in mind at that point he was a U16 new to the U18s.

• Like 2

On 19/01/2022 at 06:03, useless said:

It's Aaron Ramsey from back when we won the Floodlit Cup in 2018...

Yes Brad Young far left, Kesler Hayden Far Right, Ramsey in the middle, Chukwuemeka at the back

A FIFA limit on 6 loan players out (+6 in) is coming in to effect in 2024. Hopefully this is enough to run our new talent farming operation.

Edit - ignore. Apparently homegrown U21s are exempt.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Yes Brad Young far left, Kesler Hayden Far Right, Ramsey in the middle, Chukwuemeka at the back

Yes but there was a photo on the Instagram post of a player holding the trophy, and I assumed cole because that's around his age group. 

12 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Yes but there was a photo on the Instagram post of a player holding the trophy, and I assumed cole because that's around his age group. 

Possibly Cole Ramsey is only 14/15 so yeah he would feature in this years cup

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

A FIFA limit on 6 loan players out (+6 in) is coming in to effect in 2024. Hopefully this is enough to run our new talent farming operation.

Edit - ignore. Apparently homegrown U21s are exempt.

The main question is how the loan between clubs will apply to youth players. Because I assume one of the main benefits of the Las Vegas Villans is being able to send our best youth players there for game time in a professional league that speaks English. If we can omyl send 3 at a time it may reduce the impact of that for us. 

Â