Winning run - did it really end?

turvontour

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Since the Derby game on 2nd March, have we not won every legitimate first team tie that we've played in?

OK, bear with me. I concede that we have technically not beaten Leeds away, Norwich at home and West Brom away (in the playoffs). But each of those games should arguably not be counted in respect to the winning run.

1) Leeds - we unfairly played the final 20-25 mins with ten men. El Ghazi's red card being overturned. Therefore, I cant really see that you can count that game as a win or non win either way. If we had gone down to ten men at Hillsboro with 10 mins to go, would we have gone on to score another two goals and win, probably not? We'll never fairly know whether the winning run would have continued there. 

2) Norwich - the easiest of the three games to explain away - it simply wasnt the first team. Wasnt Grealish, McGinn, Abraham etc rested?

3) West Brom away - christ, if you count that night as a defeat then deary me. Probably the wildest celebrations I've seen. We beat West Brom in the playoffs, that's all that matters. You're trying to win the tie, not the individual legs.

Went on to beat Derby, and then all the first team friendlies this summer. We really are just winning games right now. I know it's a friendly but a draw would have been a superb result today, we just cant do it though can we......

You are 100% right and everyone who disagrees is a tiresome pedant.

• Haha 1

We also qualified for the Champions League every year from 1892 to 1900 and [...] in 1988, 1990, 1993 and 1996. We won it in 1993, based on our player statistics in the gameweeks when each round of the Champions League took place.

During this period of unprecedented success, Sir Doug Ellis invented the bicycle kick, originally known in Portuguese as a Rui Doug, but incorrectly translated in dictionaries as a bicleta due to a business dispute during the summer of 1968.

Dalian Atkinson has won the Puskas award for best goal of the season every year since that goal against Wimbledon, because it is the last great goal scored against a team whose defenders just tried to kill you, and all modern goals are invalid, because the game has gone.

And now, most tragically of all, our current squad aren't getting the credit they deserve for a 100% win record since March 2019.

Wake up sheeple.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We were in the 3rd division when I first went to Villa Park and in all that time we have never lost a game. During this glorious period in our celebrated history there have been many occasions when the scoring system has been misinterpreted by those unelected people who claim to be “running” the game. Ruining more like!

The actions of these clearly divisive administrators have deprived the world’s greatest game of the chance to truly celebrate the achievements of its greatest club. Pele described football as the beautiful game. He played for us throughout the 70’s but under various different names and often heavily disguised. It’s time he was allowed to place his name officially on the roll of honour and for the achievements of both him and Aston Villa to be recognised by the world of football. This is a scandal that the world has conveniently swept under the carpet in the interest of big business and corrupt governments. 

I demand the TRUTH and justice for the mighty Villa. Enough is enough!!

Â