Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

I don't know much about Parker, but being in England squad recently and turning down Man City to sign for us sounds promising, apparently she can also play as a six, right-back, and as a wing-back, which is good as that's two areas where we needed cover, Mayling is the only right-back we have, and McLoughlin and Staniforth the only non-attacking midfielders we have.

Lucy Parker signing a significant step, a young England international defender (albeit not yet capped), wanted by other top clubs, and we've managed convince her to come to us, kind of the first of it's kind for us, we've signed other top players, but have all been in their thirties, or on loan, I say she's the first, but I guess you can put Daphne Van Domselaar in the same cateory, so very good start to the tranfer window for us on both counts.

I think Patten still on holiday as a lot of players are as season doesn't start until very late September, maybe that explains why no news on her yet, if she is still signing then going to be a very good selection of centre-backs we've got.

8 hours ago, villaajax said:

That's good news, I'd hate to sit so far away from the pitch with an athletics track in the way, and I'd need my binoculars to see their shapely buttocksssssssssssssssssss

That's an excellent point.

• Haha 3

Good to see Patten sign permanetly, she's one of the major reasons for our improvement in the last season and half with her ability to play from the back helping us become a much better attacking and possession based team.

Despite being a loan player up until now, I think she's actually one of our most experienced players in terms of appearances for us, potentially only a few injuries away from captaining the team, was England U23 captain until she turned 24 earlier this year.

Three good young signings now, bringing down the age of the team.

Great news about Patten.  For some reason i thought she was far older . Probably because she is so calm . Hansen is the one. But i wouldnt sell her if she was on my books . A proper footballer. Do Manure have better players on the wings ? 

Â