The Villa Sweden Tour

Pelle

Absolutely love it Pelle.

Was thinking of you at the Rotherham game. All that way for down to ten men 1-0 down. Great turnaround of course. You all must have been buzzing. Then no Jack, Bristol City put to the sword. 6 points.

Happy Days.

• Like 1

Happy days, indeed. :) Come to think of it, it was kind of like a bad Hollywood film where they tried to make it look like Villa were actually going to lose the first game in an eternity when I came over for the first time in a very long time, but then in the other they came out as knights in shining armor and after the full time whistle they road to the sunset whistling a sad ballad. And I was the happy maiden staring after them longing for the next time. That escalated quickly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

As I am a member of the fan page on Facebook I saw a lot of photos over the weekend. I be surprised if any alcohol left in Birmingham after the weekend 😂

Well, we're quite serious in sponsoring the pubs and bars in Birmingham. :D We want them to do well.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ha, Pelle, I came and sang with/for you all on the Holte End steps after the game. I notice you waited for me to leave before taking the photo. 

I didn't realise I was intruding, I just thought it was an impromptu gathering. 

So you were there? I think there were a few more pictures taken so you might be in one of them. I never noticed anyone wanting people to leave before it was taken, but I think Pär or Anders was about to take pictures but then some told them to ask one of the locals to take it so they could join us instead. Probably Pär as Anders is in the middle of it and Pär is in the front. 😛 Damn, should've known it was you. :) Those to the left are actually not with us. The pair walking down the street and the thin balded guy and one more are all locals. So I don't think that many cared, even though it is our annual post game picture. It's become a tradition.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pelle said:

So you were there? I think there were a few more pictures taken so you might be in one of them. I never noticed anyone wanting people to leave before it was taken, but I think Pär or Anders was about to take pictures but then some told them to ask one of the locals to take it so they could join us instead. Probably Pär as Anders is in the middle of it and Pär is in the front. 😛 Damn, should've known it was you. :) Those to the left are actually not with us. The pair walking down the street and the thin balded guy and one more are all locals. So I don't think that many cared, even though it is our annual post game picture. It's become a tradition.

I came and stood to the right of that photo on the steps and started singing the allez allez allez chant, before walking off to the holte suite for a pint! Short fella, bald, loud. I think you had only just gathered!

If I'd known I'd absolutely have found you and bought you another beer, not that you really need it from the sounds of it mate!

Glad you had an awesome time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pelle said:

69 swedish Villans . . .  will probably never remember some parts at all. But we've had a great time.

we met two more friends from Stockholm . . . Then . . . it all kicked off . . .  The rest arrived and by the time they did, . . .  they came: . . So we had a few beers with these guys . . . and then it wasn't hard for my friend to talk me into going back to the hotel. The thing was that I'd promised another friend that he could stay in my room that night . . . Of course I said yes, . . .And I think you can guess what happened next.

😜

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

This is one of the best posts I’ve read for such a long time. It really sums up football to me, and more so, Aston Villa. The Villa extended family is a close one, and I’m so glad you had a good time. Next year we should do a big Swedish/VillaTalk meet up when you’re all over!

I'd love that, and I think many of us would. They like to have some Villa chat with Brummies. The skills in english is quite varying, but most of us can speak the language rather well. I think it would be quite easy to arrange before or/and after a game, for example. I'd love to meet more of you guys.

5 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I came and stood to the right of that photo on the steps and started singing the allez allez allez chant, before walking off to the holte suite for a pint! Short fella, bald, loud. I think you had only just gathered!

If I'd known I'd absolutely have found you and bought you another beer, not that you really need it from the sounds of it mate!

Glad you had an awesome time. 

Now I don't follow you. Really needed it? What does that mean? Is it some kind of welsh?

56 minutes ago, sne said:

Top post and seems like you had great fun.

Are you a member of Villa Sweden? If not then join us and come with us on those trips. It's great fun. The mebership only costs 150:- and is well worth it.

Â