The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

Corbyn calling it out for what it is. When you see the tweets some high profile, prominent journalists put out including stating Tory adviser punched, assaulted and Police on scene, based on some unsubstantiated crap a Tory source told them, it is shocking.

Edited by markavfc40

30 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Emma Barnett is also absolutely dreadful. I find it hard to watch whenever she hosts Newsnight.

This clip makes it clearer that it is Barnett who is asking this terminally stupid question.

I thought she was better than this pathetic nonsense.  Obviously not.

• Like 1

‘Would you nationalise sausages?’

Beginning to regret my self imposed limits on watching or listening to the BBC news output, they’re going full Brass Eye for the last few days by the looks of things. Driving tomorrow, might get me some BBC R4 & R5 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

When you see the tweets some high profile, prominent journalists put out including stating Tory adviser punched, assaulted and Police on scene,

It's poor, really poor.

I think back to the Tory party conference, and some entitled tory twerp Wass also treated the same - he'd done one of those "don't you know who I am?" things to get into some function or other, and journo tweeted there has been a fight and police were called and someone had to be treated by first aid people. Also turned out to be largely bollex.

Journos are too easily influenced and led by unattributed briefings and such like, by rumour and here's little or no fact checking in the instant twitter world. Some of it is their own fault and weakness, some of it is pressure from above to "be seen" out there covering and reporting (when actually mostly nothing of note is occurring).

The news media generally needs, ideally to "serious itself up", to care less about insta and twitter and more about verifiable truth. The BBC particularly so.

9 hours ago, peterms said:

This clip makes it clearer that it is Barnett who is asking this terminally stupid question.

I thought she was better than this pathetic nonsense.  Obviously not.

At this point I was expecting her to tear her face off and reveal she's actually Chris Morris in disguise.

• Haha 1

She's right, though. I dunno whether it's right or wrong that she's twittered anti Tory stuff, or retweeted this tweet, in terms of her position. I mean people can have views outside their job as an interviewer?

But as I say, she's right (or the twitter she retweeted is right). Maybe highlighting this kind of view is bringing it to light? There's been no media coverage at all I've seen that goes into the point made - Corbyn's followers have spent years slating anyone not of their gang as Blue Labour, or secret tories, or a lot worse than that, and now they suddenly want the people they've slated and abused to vote for them. Numpties.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

I dunno whether it's right or wrong that she's twittered anti Tory stuff, or retweeted this tweet, in terms of her position.

The issue is that this goes against their rulebook. Obviously it's nice for her that this tweeter agrees with the premise of a question she asked, but she shouldn't be visibly taking sides two days before an election. 

12 minutes ago, blandy said:

I mean people can have views outside their job as an interviewer?

Absolutely. However, lots of people are not allowed to share their personal opinions on political issues on their Twitter feeds, and there's no reason for her to be doing so. 

14 minutes ago, blandy said:

But as I say, she's right (or the twitter she retweeted is right). 

I'm sure it's right in some cases; however, there is no adequate definiton of 'Corbyn's cult' (am I a member, because I want a Labour government?) and it obviously isn't the case that everybody goes around calling people 'scum' (I don't!). It's completely inadequately hedged, and so unnecessarily inflammatory. 

9 hours ago, blandy said:

It's poor, really poor.

I think back to the Tory party conference, and some entitled tory twerp Wass also treated the same - he'd done one of those "don't you know who I am?" things to get into some function or other, and journo tweeted there has been a fight and police were called and someone had to be treated by first aid people. Also turned out to be largely bollex.

Journos are too easily influenced and led by unattributed briefings and such like, by rumour and here's little or no fact checking in the instant twitter world. Some of it is their own fault and weakness, some of it is pressure from above to "be seen" out there covering and reporting (when actually mostly nothing of note is occurring).

The news media generally needs, ideally to "serious itself up", to care less about insta and twitter and more about verifiable truth. The BBC particularly so.

I'm glad you raised this because it was exactly the event that sprung to my mind  .. for some reason the reaction was entirely different and facts and proof weren't important  then

Journalists are to blame , but peoples wiliness to believe  everything without thinking is equally  to blame 

• Thanks 1

Â