Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Sheff Utd

limpid

Match Polls  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/19 at 23:59

Our squad is easily in the top 6 in the league - anyone saying otherwise is delusional.

Smith tactics have been inept since xmas - yes ref was abysmal but so were we for 85m. 

Point merely papering over the cracks . 

Edited by LondonVillian
  • Like 1

Just now, LondonVillian said:

Our squad is easily in the top 6 in the league - anyone saying otherwise is delusional.

Smith tactics since have been inept since xmas - yes ref was abysmal but where we for 85m. 

No it's unbalanced, and our star player is injured.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

the first 70 minutes were a disgrace.

70 minutes until we had a shot on target. Comedy defending.

But, their second shouldn't stand, we should have had at least 2 penalties. the ref deserves to be chinned.

Delighted for Green to get on the scoresheet, and though I've laid in to Smith for 90 minutes, I hope this could be a turning point. UTV. 

When did Villa last play to the final seconds?

This. However, we were abysmal in the first half. Too many draws.

Smith tactics since have been inept since xmas - yes ref was abysmal but where we for 85m. 

😂🙈

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Watching sky sports dissection of the SU second goal. It shouldn’t of stood, but the goalkeeping was calamitous tbh. 

It was, the stumble backwards was hilarious. It should never have come down to the referee's call.

Having said that, I hope we make an official complaint about the refereeing. That call and the constant shirt tugging Sheffield got away with in the box was absurd.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It probably would but that’s neither here nor there.

I genuinely cannot believe people are expecting him to do more with the squad of players he has at his disposal. Even more so with Grealish injured.

Sack him by all means briny but at least give him 12 months and a couple of transfer Windows first, otherwise, we may as well all go home now.

Funny, but I remember being told when he first turned up that he would have little trouble in getting better results because he is a better manager.

A longish run of  disappointing results and that has now transformed into he needs tIme because he has an incredibly poor squad.

The reality is that we will need to do a big rebuild of the squad this summer anyway. The serious question is whether Smith is showing he is the right manager to oversee that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What teams have a better squad than us? 

With Grealish and Tuanzebe out, I'd say most of the teams above us. They have settled midfields and defences. We haven't been able to do that. If you're talking about our squad on paper right now and ignoring injuries, then yes I'd agree with you. But given that we're currently in 8th, that's not really saying much is it?

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Funny, but I remember being told when he first turned up that he would have little trouble in getting better results because he is a better manager.

A longish run of  disappointing results and that has now transformed into he needs tIme because he has an incredibly poor squad.

The reality is that we will need to do a big rebuild of the squad this summer anyway. The serious question is whether Smith is showing he is the right manager to oversee that.

That’s a fair point Briny.

I’d like to give him time. I think he’ll be good for us.

Just now, KentVillan said:

Love him, but thought he had a below par game until the last 10 mins.

Yup, very poor by his standards. Worked hard, as always, but he didn't really contribute much at all for most of the game.

Glenn Whelan totally changed the game for me. Jedi couldn't pass a fart and we looked so much better when Whelan came on. (Can't believe I just said that)

Probably some of the worst officiating I've ever seen, not just their second goal, but the entire damn game!

Ecstatic it was Greenie who got the equaliser, welcome home Andre! 

• Like 3

Â