Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Sheff Utd

limpid

Match Polls  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/19 at 23:59

11 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Smith’s PPG for the whole season would have us in the top 6. And he’s had a much tougher set of fixtures. And we’ve been missing arguably the best player in our team,  or even the whole league, for much of that. And the refs have consistently shafted us.

Not really.

29 points in 19 games is 1.526 points per game.

Multiply this over a full season and you get 70 points and finish 8th/9th, which rather strangely is pretty much what Brentford ended up with last year (68pts)

Over the 31 games we have played this season it would be 47 points which would actually put us 7th (on goal difference) but the 4 teams immediately above us all have 2 games in hand

5 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Not really.

29 points in 19 games is 1.526 points per game.

Multiply this over a full season and you get 70 points and finish 8th/9th, which rather strangely is pretty much what Brentford ended up with last year (68pts)

Over the 31 games we have played this season it would be 47 points which would actually put us 7th (on goal difference) but the 4 teams immediately above us all have 2 games in hand

If we had 47 points we would automatically have a greater goal difference, thus we would be in the top 6 now, as I said.

You can’t compare with different seasons, its pretty meaningless.

Edited by fightoffyour

9 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

If we had 47 points we would automatically have a greater goal difference, thus we would be in the top 6 now, as I said.

You can’t compare with different seasons, its pretty meaningless.

You can't imagine a greater goal difference........

4 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

You can't imagine a greater goal difference........

You can’t inagine having a greater number of points without having a greater goal difference.

To get 47 points instead of 44 there’d have to be 1 draw turned into a win and 1 loss into a draw or 3 losses turned into draws, that’s a +2 or +3 goal difference minminum respectively. 

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Thats the 2nd time this season the ball has been knocked out of the keepers hands when he's had both hand on it. Jay Rodriguez punched it out of Nylands hands earlier in the season and it wasnt given.

Whilst I'm on the topic, its worth pointing out how many pelters Nyland got for that from you lot, yet when you're all being rational I don't see anyone blaming Kalinic for pretty much the same "mistake"

it was foul play, it looked offside too....but 10/10 for Billy Sharps tenacity.....would we do that?

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

You can’t inagine having a greater number of points without having a greater goal difference.

what if when you are busy imagining your results we only scored 1 instead of 3 in some games or lost 5-0 against wigan instead of 3-0...

Comparing different seasons may be meaningless but it is remarkably consistent & one thing for sure is that 70 points isn't going to get you promoted

13/14 season 70 points = 8th

14/15 season 70 points = 9th

15/16 season 70 points = 7th

16/17 season 70 points = 8th

17/18 season 70 points = 9th

28 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

what if when you are busy imagining your results we only scored 1 instead of 3 in some games or lost 5-0 against wigan instead of 3-0...

Comparing different seasons may be meaningless but it is remarkably consistent & one thing for sure is that 70 points isn't going to get you promoted

13/14 season 70 points = 8th

14/15 season 70 points = 9th

15/16 season 70 points = 7th

16/17 season 70 points = 8th

17/18 season 70 points = 9th

Smith’s GDPG is +0.32 with +6 from 19 games giving +9.79 from 31 games. No more imagining.

I see you conveniently stopped before 2012/13 when Leicester got 6th place with 68 points. Also Blackpool did get promoted with exactly 70 points in 09/10!

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2

Fact of the matter is that, up to 82 mins this was one of the worst performances at Villa Park for quite some time. No tempo (did you see the difference is time-per-touch - scary), no movement (it was crazy difference) and no effing urgency. It has been like this for a long period  now. I would love, absoluelty love (in the words of KK) for Dean to succeed, but he needs to do better. Bringing in Jedinak was a disaster (he surely must be done now). Anyway, here's to another season in the Chchip.  The good thing is that Dean has plenty of time to prepare. 

I really shouldn't be eas happy as I am for a draw. But I am. We can discuss the awfull performance all night long, but we came back from being 3 down with 10-15 minutes left. That's magic. That's football at its best. And we fans were due one after having seeing so many points lost in the dying minutes.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Smith’s GDPG is +0.32 with +6 from 19 games giving +9.79 from 31 games. No more imagining.

I see you conveniently stopped before 2012/13 when Leicester got 6th place with 68 points. Also Blackpool did get promoted with exactly 70 points in 09/10!

didn't look any further, just went back 5 years & for someone who says comparing previous seasons is meaningless you're going a long way back to 2009 ;)

Anyway we'll be 11th/12th by the time everyone has played their game(s) in hands so none of this really matters anyway 😕

• Thanks 1

2nd goal for me ........keepers hands were a fraction a head of the strikers foot , it's was 50/50 and tbh a goal was a fair conclusion. Our defenders just stood and watched the utd players shoot , that was the shit part of it all .

Jesus I gave the referee very poor before I watched any of the telly. 

I knew he'd failed to give a ridiculous foul on Kodjia in the lead up to their second but even having given the very poor rating we need something new to demote his performance even more in the light of the goal being awarded having being kicked out of the keepers hands and the nailed on blatant penalty right in his line of site in the 88th minute. 

It's impossible to believe anyone could have a worse game. 

• Like 4

@OutByEaster?that match report is wonderful. If you aren’t already employed in some capacity as a writer, you should be.

It was like the cigar and port after a marvellous dessert following a rancid dinner.

And “ he was always a step ahead or eight seconds behind, I couldn’t tell which “made me choke on my coffee. Brilliant. Thanks.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 2

Â