Premier League Relegation 18/19

Mark Albrighton

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think Cardiff have done well this season tbh - been **** over by a surprising amount of poor decisions.

I thought they'd finish bottom at the start of the campaign.

I think the teams that came down this year are alot stronger than the ones from this year. 

Fulham will have big ffp issues I think. Huddersfield won't so they might make a splash. Cardiff all depends on what happens with Sala money. If they don't have to spend 15m then they can afford to spend. 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think the teams that came down this year are alot stronger than the ones from this year. 

Fulham will have big ffp issues I think. Huddersfield won't so they might make a splash. Cardiff all depends on what happens with Sala money. If they don't have to spend 15m then they can afford to spend. 

Hedging your bets there, aren’t you Dem? ;)

Following on from Zatman’s post -

Brighton - 33 points

Cardiff (h) Wolves (a) Spurs (a) Newcastle (h) Arsenal (a) Man City (h)

Cardiff - 28 points

Brighton (a) Liverpool (h) Fulham (a) Palace (h) Man Utd (a)

The final spot should most likely be decided this week. I would say Brighton really have to avoid defeat, as opposed to winning it, as their remaining fixtures are terrible. Cardiff have two winnable matches after it. 

It’s been looking like Cardiff facing the drop for a while, but if they do win on Tuesday that could be a real twist.

• Like 1

Yeah difficult to see where Brighton will pick up points. Maybe a draw against Wolves and a win against the Geordies? That could be just about enough I think, their goal difference helps. But it’s looking like a tough ask at the moment.

The momentum, such as it is, will be with Cardiff.

Staggering to the end of this now. Assuming Southampton have done enough -

Brighton 34 points

Newcastle (h) Arsenal (a) Man City (h)

Cardiff 31 points

Fulham (a) Palace (h) Man Utd (a)

Well I thought that the Brighton - Cardiff game would have sorted it out, but this weekend might just be the last real chance for Brighton to add to their points total. 

Looking at Cardiff’s fixtures, they have two very winnable games remaining and also Crystal Palace.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Staggering to the end of this now. Assuming Southampton have done enough -

Brighton 34 points

Newcastle (h) Arsenal (a) Man City (h)

Cardiff 31 points

Fulham (a) Palace (h) Man Utd (a)

Well I thought that the Brighton - Cardiff game would have sorted it out, but this weekend might just be the last real chance for Brighton to add to their points total. 

Looking at Cardiff’s fixtures, they have two very winnable games remaining and also Crystal Palace.

🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

Looking back at my opening post in January, I hadn’t even included Brighton in my “as things stand” table. That now looks like a bit of an oversight on my part.

At the time they were 13th on 26 points with a 4 point cushion on Palace in 14th.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Brighton are getting relegated that's for sure 

If Brighton get a point at home to Newcastle (0-0 sounds like an easy money bet!) Cardiff would need the full six points from away to Fulham (who have started winning out of nowhere) and home to Palace (just won at Arsenal). Unless Cardiff are winning at Old Trafford on last day of course...

Think Cardiff getting that 0-0 at Wolves was huge, changes the dynamics a fair bit with their much better GD.

Â