Premier League Relegation 18/19

Mark Albrighton

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

Brighton are in awful form, not shocked if drop

Was amazed when I looked at the table and were as low as they are, thought they were at worst 14th.

They are that team who's dropped from mid table into brink of relegation but think they'll be o.k just as they still have to play Huddersfield, Newcastle, Cardiff, Southampton and Bournemouth all at home so should collect enough points there.

Can't see it being anyone other than Cardiff, they have worst GD of the teams wanting to stay up and on last day they've got Man. United away while Southampton have Huddersfield at home so really they need to be 4 points clear of Southampton and don't see them doing that.

Don't really understand why they've sacked Ranieri now. They're not going to stay up. May as well wait for the summer.

Guess it gives the new guy more time to assess the squad.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Don't really understand why they've sacked Ranieri now. They're not going to stay up. May as well wait for the summer.

Guess it gives the new guy more time to assess the squad.

scott parker gets the chance to do darren moore

not sure what assessing he can do though, a lot of that squad will try and move in the summer, he'll lose the 5 loan players, babel, need another summer upheaval 

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Don't think anyone in the bottom 5 would significantly strengthen the Championship next season.

I actually think any of the bottom five would challenge for top six in the championship. Does that constitute strengthening ?

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I actually think any of the bottom five would challenge for top six in the championship. Does that constitute strengthening ?

I think the teams that came down this year are stronger than the ones the ones that will come down this year. 

I think Stoke are having the same problem as us. They have  been a Premier league club for so long now they don't know how to operate any other way. 

We have badly struggled with that as we were a Premier league side for over twenty years. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think the teams that came down this year are stronger than the ones the ones that will come down this year. 

I think Stoke are having the same problem as us. They have  been a Premier league club for so long now they don't know how to operate any other way. 

We have badly struggled with that as we were a Premier league side for over twenty years. 

I agree, it's a massive transformation to go from the Premier to the Championship and the longer spent in the Championship the tougher it gets. Both Stoke & Swansea are struggling to adapt this season and could be in trouble. 

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ok, I understand...... Oh wait

• Like 3

11 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I agree, it's a massive transformation to go from the Premier to the Championship and the longer spent in the Championship the tougher it gets. Both Stoke & Swansea are struggling to adapt this season and could be in trouble. 

Yep. West Brom can handle it better than us as they were relegated a number of times. This was our first relegation in how many years. I think this is a major problem.

huddesfield for example will handle relegation better than we did as they have much smaller budgets and have been a football league club most of their existence 

• 2 weeks later...

Cardiff - 28 points

Chelsea (h) Man City (a) Burnley (a) Liverpool (h) Fulham (a) Palace (h) Man Utd (a)

Southampton - 30 points

Brighton (a) Liverpool (h) Wolves (h) Newcastle (a) Bournemouth (h) West Ham (a) Huddersfield (h)

Burnley - 30 points

Leicester (h) Wolves (h) Bournemouth (a) Cardiff (h) Chelsea (a) Man City (h) Everton (a) Arsenal (h)

Brighton - 33 points

Southampton (h) Spurs (a) Bournemouth (h) Wolves (a) Newcastle (h) Arsenal (a) Man City (h) 

To be arranged - 

Watford v Southampton 

Brighton v Cardiff 

Chelsea v Brighton 

Yesterday’s wins for Brighton and Southampton has given them a massive boost. Brighton should be able to scrape 5 or 6 points from their remaining 9 games. Southampton have a more favourable run in, so should be ok.

Burnley v Cardiff is looking like the pivotal fixture.

Wow Burnley's last four games. Thought they were pretty much safe after beating Spurs but obviously not. They need a win and not to lose to Cardiff in their next 4 to give them some breathing space.

Would still say Cardiff down though as they have lots of tough fixtures in that run aswell.

Everyone else safe, Southampton have Huddersfield at home on last day as insurance policy.

• 3 weeks later...

Huge wins for Burnley and Southampton to confirm that Huddersfield relegation.

Pretty hard to see past the bottom three now. IF Cardiff scraped two points from their two games in hand in the next four days (Chelsea and Man City, hence the big “IF”) then maybe I think they could get out of it.

Regardless of those results they would have to beat Burnley next Saturday.

13 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The relegated three has been pretty predictable for a long time. 

Interesting contrast in promoted teams this season: Wolves have excelled, Fulham surprisingly struggled after their momentum, and spending, but no surprise with Warnock’s Cardiff, I wonder if Sala would have made any difference?

• Like 1

Â