Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Selling the youth in the summer isn't comparable to selling Ramsey, he's a key player, a first name in the starting eleven, it's totally different to selling someone like Philogene, or Aaron Ramsey.

Again the very and only reason people are talking about this and in the Ramsey thread is because of the Ornstein artile, and it's that very Ornstein article that says Ideally we dont' want to sell him and that there are other ways fo raising the money

Of course we would sell the likes of Cash, Duran, Bailey, and so on ahead of Ramsey, that's not even debatable, he might fetch more money because of being homegrown, but that doesn't mean we're going to sell him

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

A fully fit and firing Ramsey (something that due to injuries and his stop/start season) that we haven't seen this season would be one of the first names on the team sheet for me. He is by far our best ball carrier, a very good passer of the ball, two footed with an eye for goal, excellent work rate, good vision and good link up player. He is arguably the most complete player we have and still only 22 with room to improve. He'd be one of the last players I'd be selling and it should take a ridiculous offer for us to even contemplate it

Thank you… I can’t believe people are so willing to see him leave and forgetting just how good he is, has been and the huge potential he has. He has plenty of attributes…

It would hurt and sicken me to see him leave, a Villa boy through and through who has performed so well (before his injury, he will be back to his best. That Moreno & JJ left hand side was lethal and important for us last season) and is so talented… and also quite unique in our team. He still appears to be our best ball carrier and the lad can finish with aplomb…

This is all just speculation… frankly I dislike even the thought or discussion of him being sold… 

I think it would send a bad message to even consider selling him (unless a stupid offer came in, like over 80m. 50m is not even worth considering when taking his age, potential and importance to us into account).

He’s a wonderful young player that should continue to be a massive part of our journey and is a first choice when he’s fit and firing…

We seem to have no patience with our players nor any sympathy… it’s quite sad. He’s been injured! This kid deserves all the love, faith and admiration we can spare…

He will be back and he will be fantastic…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Selling the youth in the summer isn't comparable to selling Ramsey, he's a key player, a first name in the starting eleven, it's totally different to selling someone like Philogene, or Aaron Ramsey.

Again the very and only reason people are talking about this and in the Ramsey thread is because of the Ornstein artile, and it's that very Ornstein article that says Ideally we dont' want to sell him and that there are other ways fo raising the money

Of course we would sell the likes of Cash, Duran, Bailey, and so on ahead of Ramsey, that's not even debatable, he might fetch more money because of being homegrown, but that doesn't mean we're going to sell him

Yes but people had already been discussing or considering selling him with all the prior FFP talk, that’s been going on for a while… I find it quite disappointing.

The lad is so talented and still so young… one of the very best young players in the league with such huge potential… he should be a big part of our future and I’m taken aback but those who would be (more than) willing for that to be no longer the case… especially if he moved to another PL club. That would be DISGUSTING.

It would look bad too… selling one of our prized possessions… that’s what he is. A player who came through our academy, who has always loved and supported the club, who has demonstrated tremendous talent and ability and… like you say… is a key player. Short memories again… he was superb last season and this injury has just stalled him… watch how he thrives once’s he’s fit and firing again…

If we consider offers (that aren’t ridiculous) for such a player… it just makes us look like a selling club rather than an ambitious one imo… and invites more offers for more players… then how are we going to encourage and engender loyalty from our players to buy into the “project” or vision and stick around for the long term?

Will everyone be dispensable? 🤮 

Again, it’s all just speculation and noise, guesswork… I’d rather not give it too much weight personally…

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

His link up isn't great. He struggles as soon as it gets tight and isn't really one for the one-touch intricate play, just doesn't have it in his locker. The rest I'd agree with.

That could come as he improves and gets more experience IMO.

His ability to receive the ball back to goal, turn, and move us 40 yards up the pitch is very rare.

He's not been on it since that stupid England injury, but I'd still want a bid of £60m to even enter negotiations.

• Like 1

Is this one of those links where the media just want to disrupt us and sell our better players to help their "sky 7" bread and butter? If JJ wasn't and hadn't been getting 1st team football, there may be something in it. But we've seen that Unai believes in him, plays him, and usually gets a performance out of him.

I'm calling BS on this. He's a young English player with bags of potential, already at a good level, that is looked enviously by many clubs. Even if we sold him for £50m, and the freedom in FFP it'd give us, who are we going to get that is as young and talented, willing to work hard for Unai, and has the benefit of being homegrown?

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That could come as he improves and gets more experience IMO.

His ability to receive the ball back to goal, turn, and move us 40 yards up the pitch is very rare.

He's not been on it since that stupid England injury, but I'd still want a bid of £60m to even enter negotiations.

His development has taken a massive hit with that injury.

I'm torn on this one. I like Ramsey, I think he's very good and could become even better but FFP exists therefore things like this need to be considered and discussed. 

One thing I will say is, and haters gonna hate, he's not technically brilliant. For example, he's not as good as footballer as say McGinn (IMO), but his ability to drive with the ball and score goals negates that and elevates his standing in our squad. 

I dunno, I see pro's and con's. Just feels dirty because he's 'one of our own'. I'd love him to stay but the club needs to be brave. If they genuinely think they can improve the squad with the money, then these decisions need to be made. 

I'd hate to be making this call. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 2

People are fickle, because he's been injured and still returning to match fitness it's been forgotten how good he is, and suddenly he's dispensable, can gaurantee all it would take is him scoring in a few games and suddenly, most of the posts on here would be saying no way we should sell and he's worth £80m and so on, if think that's over the top then it's not, because it's happened before over and over again with him, he has a few quiet games and his place in the squad is at risk, has a few good games, and suddenly we're going to lose him to Liverpool

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, useless said:

People are fickle, because he's been injured and still returning to match fitness it's been forgotten how good he is, and suddenly he's dispensable, can gaurantee all it would take is him scoring in a few games and suddenly, most of the posts on here would be saying no way we should sell and he's worth £80m and so on, if think that's over the top then it's not, because it's happened before over and over again with him, he has a few quiet games and his place in the squad is at risk, has a few good games, and suddenly we're going to lose him to Liverpool

Or, some of us have always held the same view on him?

Doubt any of what Ornstein is saying is true. 

Obviously he's ultimate tier of football transfer news but it's a very slow window and I wouldn't be surprised if he's just thrown out some speculative nonsense to keep the wheels turning. 

Ornstein hasn't actually said anything wrong, people just not reading what he's said properly. At worst the initial tweet is clickbaitish, but the actually text doesn't say we want to sell Ramsey or that we would entertain doing so, quite the opposite in fact.

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yes but people had already been discussing or considering selling him with all the prior FFP talk, that’s been going on for a while… I find it quite disappointing.

The lad is so talented and still so young… one of the very best young players in the league with such huge potential… he should be a big part of our future and I’m taken aback but those who would be (more than) willing for that to be no longer the case… especially if he moved to another PL club. That would be DISGUSTING.

It would look bad too… selling one of our prized possessions… that’s what he is. A player who came through our academy, who has always loved and supported the club, who has demonstrated tremendous talent and ability and… like you say… is a key player. Short memories again… he was superb last season and this injury has just stalled him… watch how he thrives once’s he’s fit and firing again…

If we consider offers (that aren’t ridiculous) for such a player… it just makes us look like a selling club rather than an ambitious one imo… and invites more offers for more players… then how are we going to encourage and engender loyalty from our players to buy into the “project” or vision and stick around for the long term?

Will everyone be dispensable? 🤮 

Again, it’s all just speculation and noise, guesswork… I’d rather not give it too much weight personally…

I agree and don’t think we are seriously considering selling him. Fans, particularly on social media tend to always want a new shiny player and do will happily be prepared to sell an existing player regardless of how good he is to get a new shiny one, which is often madness, this would definitely be an example, in a week or two JJ will recover his full match fitness and we’ll have an excellent player back who’ll be one of the first on the team sheet and one of the last we’d want to lose. UTV!!!!!He’s the type of player we’re looking for! But probably won’t find in the January market, certainly not at any decent value for money. He certainly doesn’t appear to be wanting a move, so it’s just noise from elsewhere particularly as we’re playing Newcastle on Tuesday, lazy clickbait as usual! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Ornstein hasn't actually said anything wrong, people just not reading what he's said properly. At worst the initial tweet is clickbaitish, but the actually text doesn't say we want to sell Ramsey or that we would entertain doing so, quite the opposite in fact.

No, you're going too far again. You are right to say it suggests we do not *want* to sell Ramsey ('ideally this would not be a consideration') but it does not say 'quite the opposite' of us entertaining the idea. It speculates that we may entertain the idea because a) we "must" sell to meet PSR rules and/or b ) he has interest from other clubs. 

1 hour ago, d821mc said:

It feels like an absolute no brainer to sell him if we get a decent enough offer. 

spacer.png

He got 6 goals and 7 assists last season and that was with a third of a season playing Gerrard-ball. He was one of our most important players for the run-in (scored against Liverpool and Brighton) and is one of the best players we have in terms of carrying the ball and shot accuracy. Had he not gotten injured in the Euro u21s he would have been racking up the goals and assists for us again this season, I've no doubt. It feels like if we sell him for short-term gain this summer then we may well regret it in the coming years... At the same time, if we HAVE to sell either Ramsey or Dougie ('Unai's Choice') then I would probably, very begrudgingly let JJ go.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I agree and don’t think we are seriously considering selling him. Fans, particularly on social media tend to always want a new shiny player and do will happily be prepared to sell an existing player regardless of how good he is to get a new shiny one, which is often madness, this would definitely be an example, in a week or two JJ will recover his full match fitness and we’ll have an excellent player back who’ll be one of the first on the team sheet and one of the last we’d want to lose. UTV!!!!!He’s the type of player we’re looking for! But probably won’t find in the January market, certainly not at any decent value for money. He certainly doesn’t appear to be wanting a move, so it’s just noise from elsewhere particularly as we’re playing Newcastle on Tuesday, lazy clickbait as usual! 

Yeah but it’s not the clickbait that bothers me as much as the attention that fans are giving it and the actual consideration or even desire to sell him… it’s been considered and discussed for a while…

There are other ways around FFP, and we are trying to qualify for CL and increase our revenue in different ways (maybe we should be more on board with that rather than wanting our better players sold). We have (more) expendable players too… it would be a huge blow to lose him.

Why is he expendable all of a sudden?

When he was seen as indispensable not so long ago?

He got injured through no fault of his own and is now having a FOR SALE sign hung on him by some fans…

Battling his way back and trying to recover form - which he will.

Even in his cameo vs Brighton he scored a stunning goal… some seem to be forgetting how good he has been and what he is capable of…

Unai has always put him in the team when he’s been available too… I still think he favours JJ and McGinn at LM and RM when he can do it…

The lack of patience, faith and sympathy… FFS… he’s class.

I can’t wait to have the Moreno and JJ combo back again… we are going to tear through teams again!

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, useless said:

Yep… it’s just true…

7 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

spacer.png

He got 6 goals and 7 assists last season and that was with a third of a season playing Gerrard-ball. He was one of our most important players for the run-in (scored against Liverpool and Brighton) and is one of the best players we have in terms of carrying the ball and shot accuracy. Had he not gotten injured in the Euro u21s he would have been racking up the goals and assists for us again this season, I've no doubt. It feels like if we sell him for short-term gain this summer then we may well regret it in the coming years... At the same time, if we HAVE to sell either Ramsey or Dougie ('Unai's Choice') then I would probably, very begrudgingly let JJ go.

Yep, we’d absolutely regret it… it would be horrible. He’d be firing for someone else when he should be doing it at Villa, his home, for the rest of his career really… 

Truly one of the very best young players in the league… and he’s ours… needs to stay that way.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah but it’s not the clickbait that bothers me as much as the attention that fans are giving it and the actual consideration or even desire to sell him… it’s been considered and discussed for a while…

There are other ways around FFP, and we are trying to qualify for CL and increase our revenue in different ways (maybe we should be more on board with that rather than wanting our better players sold). We have (more) expendable players too… it would be a huge blow to lose him.

Why is he expendable all of a sudden?

When he was seen as indispensable not so long ago?

He got injured through no fault of his own and is now having a FOR SALE sign hung on him by some fans…

Battling his way back and trying to recover form - which he will.

Even in his cameo vs Brighton he scored a stunning goal… some seem to be forgetting how good he has been and what he is capable of…

Unai has always put him in the team when he’s been available too… I still think he favours JJ and McGinn at LM and RM when he can do it…

The lack of patience, faith and sympathy… FFS… he’s class.

I can’t wait to have the Moreno and JJ combo back again… we are going to tear through teams again!

You’re right and that’s probably what we’ve been missing recently, he just needs time to recover his full match fitness as does Moreno. 

Edited by DaveAV1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Your right and that’s probably what we’ve been missing recently m, he just needs time to recover his full match fitness as does Moreno. 

I’d be disgusted to see him turning out for the likes of Spurs and effing Newcastle 🤮

They can piss right off!

It’s not happening anyway, just annoyed that some people would welcome his sale 😖

Yeah, Moreno and JJ will make us deadly once they’re up to speed, we have missed them…

Â