Paris, 50 years on

peterms

It seems a group of the demonstrators are called "casseurs", ie those who uplift and break the cobbles to use as ammunition.

Right back to 68, and a direct line back to the 19th century.

Yes, it's certainly a tradition.

Over here, the popular chant is "This is what democracy looks like" as people march in protest, down the street that the police have said is ok, to the place that the police have approved for the time that has been approved.

True democracy should be messy. Power has many forms. Given the wealth transfers of the past decade, it's simply astonishing that more of this kind of thing hasn't occurred.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Over here, the popular chant is "This is what democracy looks like" as people march in protest, down the street that the police have said is ok, to the place that the police have approved for the time that has been approved.

True democracy should be messy. Power has many forms. Given the wealth transfers of the past decade, it's simply astonishing that more of this kind of thing hasn't occurred.

IMG_20181203_164812.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Weirdest thing to come out of this is finding out Pamela Anderson of all people is woke.

Even weirder is someone using the word woke on VT - never thought I'd see that :D

(Apologies for being trite. Back OT, I always knew there was something I liked about Pam!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 03/12/2018 at 22:17, maqroll said:

So, this is the "Paris Spring", right?

Well, the point has been made by many that when lesser demos were happening in North African countries, or half a dozen people were complaining in Iran, it was celebrated as a popular democratic uprising,  but the narrative here is decidedly different.

1 hour ago, peterms said:

Well, the point has been made by many that when lesser demos were happening in North African countries, or half a dozen people were complaining in Iran, it was celebrated as a popular democratic uprising,  but the narrative here is decidedly different.

yep. My comment was sarcasm.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

On 04/12/2018 at 03:55, TheAuthority said:

(Apologies for being trite. Back OT, I always knew there was something I liked about Pam!)

Her tits?

Â