Week 5: Go "Dallas Texans"

Tegis

5 hours ago, Tegis said:

Crowell 219 yards now, rushing. Jets record

I was not expecting my jets to have that kind of game today, I was shocked. I would be honestly really surprised if either Bowles or Vance have their jobs at the end of the season. 

Also Crowell has been a very good "bargain" signing for us so far. 

12 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

only the giants would lose to walk off field goals from 61 and 63 yard field goals in consecutive seasons. got absolutely hosed by the refs too.

Signs of life from the team in this game though.  Absolutely must beat the Eagles on Thursday or it is the season well and truly over!

4 possessions 

4 touchdowns 

either Saints attack is very good or Washington’s defence is very bad

or a little of both 

followd by a fumble on the 5th possession ... d’oh

oh and with the 4th touchdown Brees becomes the NFL’s all time leader in  passing yards 

Edited by tonyh29

general Q I guess , but Saints had 2 mins left and were  in possession and at the Wash 19

they took a knee on all 4 downs and thus ended the game ... is it just to avoid injury on a game that's already won , or is it considered unsporting to score 50 points ?

Breesus is pretty special!

1-4 Giants still alive in their division thanks to that Saints win last night!  Need to beat the Eagles on Thursday though to get back in the mix properly..........

12 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

general Q I guess , but Saints had 2 mins left and were  in possession and at the Wash 19

they took a knee on all 4 downs and thus ended the game ... is it just to avoid injury on a game that's already won , or is it considered unsporting to score 50 points ?

No point running up the score if you have the ball and an insurmountable lead at that point

As a not-really follower of NFL, how did the whole pausing of the game allowing Brees to let his boys know "you can achieve anything, I love you" and "I love you coach" et al get received?  When John Terry got subbed in the 26th minute to a guard of honour etc there was a whole heap of pisstaking here.  Not the same in this instance presumably?

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

As a not-really follower of NFL, how did the whole pausing of the game allowing Brees to let his boys know "you can achieve anything, I love you" and "I love you coach" et al get received?  When John Terry got subbed in the 26th minute to a guard of honour etc there was a whole heap of pisstaking here.  Not the same in this instance presumably?

These are the absolute pinnacle of the American Football’s records so they don’t get broken often so I see no harm. Did it for Peyton when he broke the previous records a few years back and it was well received. 

yeah i hated the john terry substitution, think it was more to do with terry and chelsea and the timing thing though, if they had just subbed him in the 89th minute and done it i wouldnt have minded, in comparison the beckham substitution gave me itchy eyes...

brees they stopped and celebrated when he achieved something, if in the 9th minute they stopped the game and shook his hand etc that would make me cringe

its like when we stopped playing and congratulated frank lampard about 10 seconds before he scored his record goal :trollface:

Edited by villa4europe

On 09/10/2018 at 11:49, bobzy said:

Apparently it had been pre-agreed with the league before hand 

and yet as the celebrations started a flag got thrown and Saints got a penalty for excessive taunting !!!

You can’t make this stuff up 

Â