Football Manager 2019

Villaphan04

17th season into my Villa save (or could be 18th) and I'm up to 4th in the Hall of fame. Really want the top position but I'm a long way behind Pep 😔.

If/when I get tired of this save I'm going to do a Bridlington save at level 10.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

17th season into my Villa save (or could be 18th) and I'm up to 4th in the Hall of fame. Really want the top position but I'm a long way behind Pep 😔.

If/when I get tired of this save I'm going to do a Bridlington save at level 10.

Why Bridlington?

6 hours ago, Hornso said:

Why Bridlington?

Cos that's where my grandma came from and after she passed away I started doing Bridlington saves because they were so low down it was fun. Never get very far though level 10 only 1 team gets promoted.

• Like 1

So after basically half a year in the Uruguayan first division, I get an offer from Córdoba and take over in mid Jan hoping just for survival. Was barely able to scrape 16th in that half season. During that time I signed a striker back from Uruguay who was a dual Spanish National: Saúl Iglesias (Was a Bargin for only 1.7 mil). He has become one of the top strikers in the world just after a few years. Hit 26 in the first year he was at the club and we ended up winning the league. 

For my first year in La Liga I was expecting to get relegated but he performed magnificently along with the rest of the team. Notched 25 goals and actually won the European Golden Boot😂. I ended up somehow finishing 4th and qualifying for the Champions League. Still not sure how we actually did it.

Pre-season comes along and the fixtures give me the first three of Real (H), Barca (A) Atleti (A). Not quite the start I was hoping for, and then Iglesias goes and sprains his knee ligaments a day before the opener. What a great start to another season 😑

Not sure why, maybe all these Europa league games going on but I'm really keen to do a save in a smaller league in Europe but with a dominant team and see if I can win the CL with them. Obviously have to either win the Europa League or raise the coefficient of the whole league to get into a CL playoff but at the moment this sounds fun.

Dynamo Zagreb is pretty decent 

I've done a red star game in the last couple of years who have partizan with them to make it interesting

Don't know who he was playing as cos I wasn't clicking the link but a guy has set a record for playing, 221 seasons

• Like 1

On 19/05/2019 at 10:41, wilko154 said:

Current record, just need to win the Champions League now, have come close in the last 3 seasons.

Screenshot 2019-05-19 at 10.38.32.png

Finally done it, won the Champions League against PSG in 2024/25. 

Also won the PL for a 3rd consecutive season. I now just need the FA Cup to have won every major competition.

• Like 2

Well i just started my Bridlington save, and after leaving my world dominating Villa save what a shock. my top earners at Villa was 325k p/w, at Bridlington it's £35 P/w. Ive started with no staff, except me....

8 first team players, 3 of which have left because I couldn't afford the wages. Without scouts finding players was difficult, lots of trialists through the door. Found a couple of gems and offered them contracts only for them to sign for other teams in the same division and for less money!!!!!

Friendlies are over and having a rest before my first match of the season. 

One thing that has annoyed me is that is meant to be an authentic and correct database but I have U23s and U18s (all greyed out) which I'm pretty sure is incorrect, does anyone know for sure?? Further checking shows that all the cups are there and correct so I'm going to ignore the extra team, although it will eventually make the game easier.

If I get this level 10 to the Premier League, you can all remind of this advantage 😁

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Anyone play touch or mobile?

looking like that’s going to be my best option for 2020

It's the only version I've had for the last couple of years. It's a bit like going back 20 years in terms of gameplay, considering how stripped back it is. Not necessarily a bad thing, the game itself works fine, and isn't slow (on my last 2 phones at least). 

It does seem to be a lot easier, though. In FMM 2019 I took Nuneaton from National League North to Premier League in 8 years, and won the Champions League in another 3.

There's also the issue that, at least in the recent iterations, a save is limited to 30 seasons, and you can only load something like 4 leagues. Plus, it has weird unlockables, which you can pay for - things like sugar daddy chairman, unsackable, abolish work permits, even international management from the start - but these can all be unlocked for free if you hit certain criteria in game. 

• Like 1

I read some reviews which kind of suggested all the media stuff was cut out which is no problem for me, I still watch it in 2D mode so don't see that being a major issue, 30 year save and 4 leagues I can live with, scouting is my thing on it, what's it like for player database depth?

The unlockables I think are on the PC version too but I don't bother with them, they do 2 versions on the PC, like a full one and then almost like an arcade version, im assuming touch and mobile will like the arcade version

Â