Football Manager 2019

Villaphan04

58271e275818007fae48ee34a3062d90.png

7d90b87e8fe581294ae554398b42c94b.png

Another season done and unbeaten again. 2 seasons in a row is not bad. Unfortunately we couldn't make it back to back CL victories, we just never really threatened PSG. 

Starting to become one of my all time favourite FM saves. 

• Like 1

I've done it a few times. There is an achievement for going unbeaten, so they do make it possible. I find you need a pretty decent squad to get it done though.

unbeat.png

This probably sounds stupid, but after 10-12 seasons I still don't understand how player potential is evaluated. For instance, my most valued players is a Brazilian Igor with £ 35,5 million in value. He has 3 stars in ability and 3 stars in potential, yet he tends to play very very good. I have other players with higher ability and potential ratings, but they don't do as well. 

So who actually determines player potential? Coach? Assistant? 

On 22/04/2019 at 00:10, KenjiOgiwara said:

This probably sounds stupid, but after 10-12 seasons I still don't understand how player potential is evaluated. For instance, my most valued players is a Brazilian Igor with £ 35,5 million in value. He has 3 stars in ability and 3 stars in potential, yet he tends to play very very good. I have other players with higher ability and potential ratings, but they don't do as well. 

So who actually determines player potential? Coach? Assistant? 

yeah i find it a bit inconsistent as well...  hate when current ability drops half a star for no reason on a mid 20's player who plays regularly

Think my biggest moan at the game has to go at whoever coded the formation screen mid game. If I get an injury or red card it's almost impossible to drag players into and out of positions. Simply does not work. 

• Like 1

8 season's into my Villa save and I hadn't won a thing (U23's did win the checkatrade trophy) but in my 8th season I did manage to finish 3rd and qualify for champions league.

In what could be my greatest ever FM achievement I went and won the CL in my first go at! And finished 2nd to Manchester City in the league with the title run going down to the last match!

Feeling quite chuffed at the moment!

PS McGinn, Grealish and Mings were all Villa players in the amazing 9th season!

• Like 3

Anyone got problems with FM19 using Mojave on Macbook? I can't play currently due to the lag during games, apparently it's a known issue that SI are trying to resolve for over a month.

First time I've tried to play in about 6 weeks.

May of 2028 Villa are crowned Premier league winners! They have backed up their Champions League success from last season by winning their domestic league, suffering only one defeat all season.....

Home grown wonderkid newgen legend (now 25) Christopher Wolfe banged in 27 goals and took out the golden boot.

Superstar newgen Facundo Stallone won the award for most assists with 14, and Jordan Pickford took out the Golden Glove with 22 clean sheets.

I've decided to give the save a rest for now as I know I will enjoy it more after a break, I've smashed through the last few seasons and it's take a toll on my enjoyment of the save.

Going to either start a Athletico Madrid save or a Bridlington (level 10 save), or a random South American save for something different.

• Like 2

Is it worth getting?

I'm home sick for a month and need something to do. Already have FM17 but I'm kinda done with it.

U can get it pretty cheap now but since 18 was apparently a car crash I am hesitant.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Is it worth getting?

I'm home sick for a month and need something to do. Already have FM17 but I'm kinda done with it.

U can get it pretty cheap now but since 18 was apparently a car crash I am hesitant.

FM19 is in my opinion way way better than FM17, I would definitely get it! I never got 18 either...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Decided to keep going with my Villa save, 7 games to go in my latest season and Man U are unstoppable and 9 points clear of 2nd, which is the mighty Villa! 

I'm comfortably in 2nd, which is great as I'm in the qtr final of the Champions League against A.Madrid and have made the final of the FA cup. So with Champions League qualification all but stitched up I'm putting my full focus into the cups.

Bought a new GK in January as Pickford is in decline at 35. I tried to offer him  a new contract but the prick wanted 100k p/w to be a backup keeper. Jog on mate. So I now have two Portuguese keepers both highly rated. 

The only slightly disappointing thing is since the man himself Christopher Wolfe I haven't had any real quality players come through the youth setup. Decent squad players are always coming through but only one homegrown wonderkid in 10 seasons is a little disappointing. Especially considering the attention I pay to coaching, and the whole youth set-up.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

Â