Football Manager 2019

Villaphan04

Can't find it at all, can only find Sky Bet league 2 - and even when I click on that it's blank. Previous FMs it would load up the data and so on. I'll just wait for somebody to upload a new data pack.

My FM19 Villa save is into its 15th season, as much as it pains me I won't be starting a new one anytime soon, even with the promoted team. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

Alright I'm getting a big head now 🤠

Just won my 4th PL title in a row, it did kind of go of down to the last day..... I was 3pts ahead of ManU but with a +6 GD. Got a little bit scary when I was 1-3 down to Arsenal, but managed to secure a 3-3 draw and ManU ended up losing.

I won my 4th FA cup in a row, beating Arsenal in penalty shootout.

I won my 3rd CL in a row beating Barcelona 6-5 in an epic shootout where Villa missed 3 penalties and Barca missed 4.

I also picked up the community shield and the Club World championship. 

It's nearly all newgens now in the June of 2034, but even though he spent 6 months wanting to leave for a new challenge, Antonio Marin has just signed a new deal at 33 as backup player, he has been with me for 14 seasons. Now that I'm an established super power, I like to keep all my favourite players until they retire so I just keep signing them on. I have a wage budget of 5.3 million per week so I'm happy to pay his 51k pw and in this last season he still managed to score 12 goals.

Lastly my new stadium is now 12 months from completion, everyone is starting to get very excited about moving into the Ron Saunders stadium. It's my job to keep them focused as one trophy has proved illusive over my 15 seasons. 

I have never won the carabao cup, and only made the final once. I know that it is this prized trophy, with all its prestige, that is holding me back from being a truly respected manager. I'm going to potentially sacrifice all else, and play my best team in every caraboa cup game.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3

I just don't get how you win the PL. With Eastleigh I've won the Europa cup, got into CL and got the final. Europe is piss easy, but in the PL I struggle breaking top 6. The usual suspects are just wayyyy too good. 

27 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I just don't get how you win the PL. With Eastleigh I've won the Europa cup, got into CL and got the final. Europe is piss easy, but in the PL I struggle breaking top 6. The usual suspects are just wayyyy too good. 

What year are you in? More specifically how many seasons in the PL. I had the same problem but once I cracked the top 4 I haven't finished out of it for the last 9 seasons.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

2031 I think maybe 32. 

Dunno. Been in the PL for 5-6 years now I think, but I can't really remember. 

Pretty sure it was my 7th season when I cracked the top 4 in the PL. In my opinion you're right in the hard patch. Give it one more season.

One tip I have, don't bother trying to be defensive against the top teams. Press them and play on the front foot!

Edited by Villan_of_oz

Started playing it a bit recently, started unemployed...

18/19 - Got the Sassuolo job just before Xmas, they were 19th on 12 points. Managed them to midtable safety - 12th
19/20 - Stayed with Sassuolo, team had a lot of loanees though as had little spent. Finished 10th and my contract finished, they weren't going to give me much so I walked in the hope of getting a national job after the Euros.
20/21 - Was unsuccessful in getting a job, ended up with  Cagliari 18th on 15 points around Xmas. Ended up with them in 11th, but again they offered little and my contract was only until the end of the season.
21/22 - West Ham offered me a decent budget, with a lot of valuable players. Had a massive turnover - £154m spent, £274m in sales. De Vrij was the big signing, Murgia and Grassi both cost around £6m and scored 30 league goals between them from CM. Finished 6th and got in to Europe.
22/23 - Got Zapata, Nainggolan, El Shaarawy, Vernier, Belotti and started with 2-1 wins over Burnley and Chelsea. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

The one thing I've still not gotten used to is that the trials seem to be much more frequent than in years past. 

Also apparently my personality is now mercenary 😂

I'm no lower league expert but one thing I believe you must exploit is trialling players, as your scout staff won't be big enough to scout them quickly. I usually try and 10-20 players to trial every season. No guarantees, but you will normally find 1 or 2 good players you wouldn't have otherwise found. For example all the youngsters the big clubs let go of.

10 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Started playing it a bit recently, started unemployed...

18/19 - Got the Sassuolo job just before Xmas, they were 19th on 12 points. Managed them to midtable safety - 12th
19/20 - Stayed with Sassuolo, team had a lot of loanees though as had little spent. Finished 10th and my contract finished, they weren't going to give me much so I walked in the hope of getting a national job after the Euros.
20/21 - Was unsuccessful in getting a job, ended up with  Cagliari 18th on 15 points around Xmas. Ended up with them in 11th, but again they offered little and my contract was only until the end of the season.
21/22 - West Ham offered me a decent budget, with a lot of valuable players. Had a massive turnover - £154m spent, £274m in sales. De Vrij was the big signing, Murgia and Grassi both cost around £6m and scored 30 league goals between them from CM. Finished 6th and got in to Europe.
22/23 - Got Zapata, Nainggolan, El Shaarawy, Vernier, Belotti and started with 2-1 wins over Burnley and Chelsea. 

How many leagues do you have activated in a start as unemployed? How big of a database?

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

How many leagues do you have activated in a start as unemployed? How big of a database?

I think I have about 12 countries. The major and 2nd tier European leagues, then Argentina, Brazil and USA I believe. Think my database is set to medium.

I find the lack of a transfer budget annoying. I'd have assumed as West Ham I'd have had a massive one, but despite making £120m net on players, along with my initial budget, I only have about £50m left to spend. Considering any decent player costs that, it's not ideal!

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Won't the game be horribly slow with that many leagues? 

It hasn't been for me, and I wouldn't say my laptop is particularly good (not that I know anything about tech).

On 27/06/2019 at 18:26, KenjiOgiwara said:

Won't the game be horribly slow with that many leagues? 

My computer is decent but even on 2 star CPU speed my game isn't noticeably slow. Mind you I usually am watching/doing something on the other screen not I'm too fussed. Game speed is overrated imo.

I remember for FM09 and my old computer, when there were early fa cup results or something similar I could go have a cigarette and the game would still be churning over. That was slow!

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

Can someone explain something to me. Apparantly I can have 17 foreign players. Right now I have 16 and I am only allowed to register 15 of them. I get a message saying I need at least X amount of homegrown players. Does this mean if I sign an English player I can add one foreign player to the squad? I just don't understand how this works. 

Renan Lodi was a player i spent so long chasing but for one reason or another was never able to get a deal for. Best stats I’ve seen for a left back in a long time and just moved to Atletico Madrid yesterday as a long term replacement to Filipe Luis. If he plays anything like his FM counterpart he’s a player that will be making big waves.

My FM blast from the past transfer this week was Carlos Fierro moving to thr MLS, he's 24 now

Always signed him and Eric Torres years back and there was a CB at chivas who I can't remember, for villa games in the last 2 years I've gone after montes 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Can someone explain something to me. Apparantly I can have 17 foreign players. Right now I have 16 and I am only allowed to register 15 of them. I get a message saying I need at least X amount of homegrown players. Does this mean if I sign an English player I can add one foreign player to the squad? I just don't understand how this works. 

Guessing you mean in England?

I think it's something like 25 man squad, 4 need to be club home grown, 4 need to be national home grown, the remaining 17 from anywhere. But if don't have enough of one or the other in terms of home grown spaces in the squad need to be left.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2019 at 06:29, KenjiOgiwara said:

was this after brexit happened? I know that one of the more likely situations is the 17 foreign player rule being enacted. 

Â