Football Manager 2019

Villaphan04

Restarted my game with the new update and got the Spain U-19 job with the lowest rep etc. Went unbeaten through the entire year to the U-19 championships. Also had England loaded as "view only" and Villa got promoted. First year they go out and splash the cash to sign Mahrez, Cena Tosun, Holgate, and Juanmi. 

On 11/03/2019 at 14:52, KenjiOgiwara said:

Seems to be a disproportionate amount of great Brazilian players tbf.  Think my first team has 6-7 Brazilians atm. Can't find other decent players with okey release clauses.

Croatia and Serbia 😁

If I ever need any updates for this game, I use sortitoutsi.net. You can download the latest squad database, and adding it to your game is easily explained.

I've played as the Villa and lost in the play offs and saved the game. I've also played and got promoted and saved that game too. 

I have renewed contracts for players that the game thinks I should keep in both saves and continued into the next season, with and without the current loan players.

I have also continued from the end of the season, and let go all players who are out of contract, with and without the current loan players.

This will make 4 games I'll try and play over the future seasons.

When the current season ends and Villa give out their retained and released lists, I'll continue one of the saves, dependent on which division we really are in.

Should keep me more than interested until FM 2020 comes out.

Just had my 4th league title in a row confirmed and on track for my first unbeaten season
26be76ce852fe33c8e04fd8bc0227c13.png

In my push for the Champions League this season, I signed a 35 year old Neymar in January. On crazy money, can barely run but has been good so far with 8 goals 5 assists in 11 league appearances. Only signed him just to really go for the CL, he'll almost certainly be moved on in the summer but I'll enjoy him for now.
f7ab932538b86c27ed488b7d858cf554.png

1 hour ago, MrSmirch said:

Anyone been able to get Grealish to perform? He is absolute shite for me no matter how much I change his role.

I played him in a midfield 3 as a Mezzala and he has been effective for me but takes few months

Have got my first ever homegrown Villa wonderkid! Christopher Wolfe, and he is a striker. Worth 10 million at 19 and he is starting to get first team minutes.

It's hard for him him to get starts as I have a 22 y.o Halaand plus another newgen wonderkid, Aguiar who is only 20 and worth over 20 million.

I'm hoping this season I can crack the top 4, as this is easily the best team I've had. Shame 3 of my best players handed in transfer requests, I'm not having it, knocked them all back but hoping they get over it quick.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3

Bit annoyed.

Just finished my 6th season with Villa.

I've got what I think is a really good team and late in the season I was vying for a champions league spot, qtr finals of Europa league, and 6th round of FA cup. Ended up finishing 6th, same as season before.

My gripe is this season against the top teams I regularly battered them and would be leading only for them to pull out late goals and win. I still haven't beaten Tottenham in 6 seasons.

I don't feel it's my tactics as they are pretty sound for the vast majority of games and time. I just can't seem to stop the teams I'm competing with from scoring goals even though statistically I'm dominating them.

I know now that at these some clubs are going to be coming for at least 5 of my players. 

I feel like this is the best FM manager I've ever been but I can't crack the Champions League or win a bloody trophy.

Aaaaagggghhhhh

On 29/03/2019 at 07:58, Villan_of_oz said:

Bit annoyed.

Just finished my 6th season with Villa.

I've got what I think is a really good team and late in the season I was vying for a champions league spot, qtr finals of Europa league, and 6th round of FA cup. Ended up finishing 6th, same as season before.

My gripe is this season against the top teams I regularly battered them and would be leading only for them to pull out late goals and win. I still haven't beaten Tottenham in 6 seasons.

I don't feel it's my tactics as they are pretty sound for the vast majority of games and time. I just can't seem to stop the teams I'm competing with from scoring goals even though statistically I'm dominating them.

I know now that at these some clubs are going to be coming for at least 5 of my players. 

I feel like this is the best FM manager I've ever been but I can't crack the Champions League or win a bloody trophy.

Aaaaagggghhhhh

What formation are you using? Also what playing styles are you using in each position?

Are the players adept at playing in those styles? For example have you got two ball playing defenders at centre back, one with a left foot and one with a right foot? Is at least dominating in the air?

It took me a season or two to get my defence sorted but I now rarely concede.

On 01/04/2019 at 13:38, Ingram85 said:

Anyone playing this on the switch? Worth getting?

I've got it on the Switch. Although it's a trimmed down version it is still decent. The main frustration is that you're limited as to how many leagues you want to load, which is understandable given the power of the Switch vs. a PC. The look and feel though is still great so would recommend it. Plus they have recently released the January transfer update.

It's also good to play on the go if you sometimes use your Switch as a handheld device.

Â