PauloBarnesi

Which team has the most delusional fans  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which team has the most delusional fans

• Tottenham Hotspur
    • Newcastle United
    • West Ham United
    • Other (specify)

Its the nature of being a football fan; you are delusional about how good you are, and how bad everyone else is. The other team didn’t win the game, you gifted it to them. Your league position isn’t a fair reflection of where you are. You are just about to turn a corner. Three players and you will win the premiership, etc, etc.

After yesterday’s game reading some of the blogs/forums I have a strong feeling that Spurs fans are the perfect example of over expectation and delusions of grandeur...

Paul it's all about expectations. Villa fans have been called delusional in the past and TBF it's a fair thing to throw at us as we never had the realistic infrastructure at the club to match the expectations. I know this comment wont go down well with some, but DOL was right at the time when he said our realistic level was with the Middlesboro's of the world. Note: The changes at the club now would probably mean that comment is no longer valid.

Take West Ham fans, they see their club as a major one based on what? They have experienced success in Europe, seemingly have a good youth scheme etc. Are they delusional? Maybe as what is needed to get into the top4, which is I suppose what most are aiming for, is outside of what the club can deliver

Spurs have finished 5th two seasons running, and but for a dodgy meal may well have been champs league, so they should be expecting similar. Everton fans though dont seem to have such claims which I suppose is a good sign.

For me the most delusional though are Newcastle fans because of their impression that they are up there with the biggest and best. I think a lot of this based on a couple of things. The "entertainers" tag put on them by Sky in the Keegan era and the fact they are a one club city / area

Its good bet on Spurs and Newcastle...but my vote would go on Newcastle at the moment.

Spurs do have a good team and they have stepped up their pace whereas Newcastle has looked quite mediocre and the team isnt that good either.

If you look at Spurs the only problem they have at the moment is their defence and their goalie that clearly is not up to standard. They has also a huge explanation..at least to me...with Ledley King being long term injured and the ongoing problems within the club when Martin Jol was there and the way he was treated. Not many teams would play football of their real standard considering those factors. So..with this in mind..Newcastle fans would most certainly get my vote as the most delusional fans so far.

Chelsea aint that far away either...but in a totally different position. The loss of Mourinho has made them human again and the team does show some fragile parts in their games since Grant took over.

but DOL was right at the time when he said our realistic level was with the Middlesboro's of the world. Note: The changes at the club now would probably mean that comment is no longer valid.

I agree with that; DOL was about the level of Steve McLaren, but worse than say Paul Jewell :)

I think it can depend on the here and now as some delusions change with the way the team is prforming. Take Man citeh for example. I heard one of their lot on the radio this morning basically saying that they were nailed on for top four this season and that no one would stop them. Unbelievable.

I think from the list, West Ham may fall into the category of delusions depending upon circumstances.

The ones where delusions remain no matter how the team are doing are defo Spurs and Barcodes. Toss up for me which of those is the worst. I'd go with Barcodes.

Barcodes, easy peasy.

Whilst the other clubs are developing it seems, Newcastle have stagnated and thus their continuing belief they are 'due' success I find rather irksome and tiresome.

If you scanned them, their value would come in decidedly lower than the top 4, us, Spurs, Everton and maybe even Man City.

'biggest team in the midlands'

Despite my unparalleled hatred for the great unwashed/the Scum/SHA I have to say that Newcastle are more delusional.

They have delusions of grandeur, but nowhere near as much as the Barcodes.

Â