Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

Blair is getting £4m a year, reportedly, for his roles, one of which is "peace envoy".

It is a sick joke that a war criminal can be a peace envoy. Still, once you've awarded Kissinger the Nobel Peace Prize, I suppose anything goes.

His appearance on BBC radio news this evening was appalling. Calls for Gaza to stop sending rockets, so that the "retaliation" can end. Lying, duplicitous, amoral scum.

He also works as an 'adviser' to Goldman Sachs LOL

Glammy,

Neither side is right, don't get a persecution complex. I don't think there are many on here that have pre conceived ideas of who is good and who is evil. In reality, both exist on all sides.

But I would be interested in whether you believe killing a few more will lead to a quicker resolution of the problem. If so, roughly how many? Just a few nutters at the top? Or maybe a few dozen run of the mill fighters? Or perhaps a few villages of mixed odds n sods of fighters and school kids?

If there is a death toll total you think will swing this for Israel, is there a similar number of Israelis that the arabs need to kill to win the arguement? What if they kill another dozen? hundred? thousand?

No, there is no death toll that will resolve this. So that makes it utterly **** futile murder by both sides.

Hey,

I don't really think that the end of this will come after so and so bodies. The only thing that will bring an end to it is Hamas understanding that Israel is here to stay. Unlike some people wrote here earlier - Hamas is not fighting for peace. Hamas wishes to eradicate Israel and form an Islamic state on all of "Palestine" land. It says so in their charter (which is an astonishing piece of information. A must read for anyone assuming he knows what's going on here - there you'll find a statement that the Jihad is the only solution and so on). They say it in their own words. When president Abbas dared to imply that he might consider giving up on the right of return - Hamas protested strongly. They are not seeking peace. They seek death and death they bring to us all. So, for this to end from Hamas point of view - all Israelis must die or deport.

From an Israeli point of view - all we want from Hamas and Gaza is peace and quiet. Not peace in the meaning of a treaty (which is irrelevant as long as the Hamas is at helm), but peace in the meaning of no more rockets and mortars aimed at Israeli cities. This is what the majority here think - we want nothing with Gaza and we wish that Gaza would want nothing from us.

I leave you (for now) with this - an interview with a main stream Israeli journalist on Australia TV. Ben Dror Yemini calls in his columns for the solution of two states and is considered to be very moderate in his opinions. http://www.abc.net.a...israeli/4372788

Tanks enter Bethlehem, West Bank.

Yep. And from then went on to conquer Jordan, Iraq and Australia.

Ground invasion is not a product of two missiles. They will have planned this for weeks.

Internet down again. Warplanes louder.

True. The operation is well planned. Now we should think of what triggered Israel to materialize this plan just now (in theory. Ground invasion has yet to start. Hopefully - there will be no need for one).

Â