Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

19 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

So i dont think that population cleansing is inherently a bad thing. 

I hope the parents of the kidnapped and the dead can forgive you and your kind for bringing the last few horrific weeks down on them.

You are the problem. It’s your fault.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think what a big issue in this situation is recent history.

It was only 80 years ago the Nazis tried and nearly succeeded in eliminated all jews. That must affect the mind set when your neighbours want to do the same.

20 minutes ago, meregreen said:

The Germans had an expression “ Juden Frei” In effect, ethnic cleansing of any German City. Ethnic cleansing in any context is not acceptable…ever.

Yup Germans in WW2 had this drinkable chemical substance colorless tasteless they called it Wasser. You cant drink Wasser ever its not acceptable... ever.

Thats the level of engagement im getting amazing.

59 minutes ago, meregreen said:

I wonder if a single person on this site has changed or modified their opinions due to reading these posts. I doubt it, and that in itself is indicative of the entrenched views on this issue. It’ll take both sides to move for any solution to be found. After the events of 7th October and after, I’d say we’re further away than ever. 

I’d say I’ve moderated my views in some way. The original attack, the scale of it and the taking of civilian hostages was terrible and I can understand a need for some symbol of revenge.

Unlike some others, I can’t really get too excited by the mode of death, sword, rocket, drone whatever if your family is killed I’m not finding any degree of additional rage or solace in how it came about.

But I can understand better how scared and scarred some on the Israeli side are and I suspect some that would previously have presumed an uneducated support for Hamas would now have a greater understanding of nuance between Iran, Hamas, Palestinians.

I’ve also met some friends on a march and better understood what it means for them having relatives over there. I know first hand these are normal people trying to save up for birthday presents and that football top the lad wants.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

I dont believe that any country have the inherent right to exist.

That’s an interesting opinion. I do believe that Israel has a right to exist, for example. The same for Palestine. Why don’t you believe that Israel has a right to exist? I know Hamas doesn’t believe Israel has such a right, but I’m surprised you share their view on that one point.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

That’s an interesting opinion. I do believe that Israel has a right to exist, for example. The same for Palestine. Why don’t you believe that Israel has a right to exist? I know Hamas doesn’t believe Israel has such a right, but I’m surprised you share their view on that one point.

Do you see the difference between these concepts?

1.inherent right to exist

2. right to exist.

I do believe that israel and palestine have the right to exist. I dont believe they have the inherent right to exist. I think they have the right to fail.

Edited by Tumblerseven
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I hope the parents of the kidnapped and the dead can forgive you and your kind for bringing the last few horrific weeks down on them.

You are the problem. It’s your fault.

That’s an appalling post. Tumblerseven (nor their “kind” ) did not have any responsibility for Hamas kidnapping or killing anyone. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tumblerseven said:

Do you see the difference between these concepts?

1.inherent right to exist

2. right to exist.

No. There is none. “Inherent” is meaningless in the context of a nation. If you think otherwise, please explain why

Just now, blandy said:

That’s an appalling post. Tumblerseven (nor their “kind” ) did not have any responsibility for Hamas kidnapping or killing anyone. 

Personally, I think you’ve maybe got upset by the wrong post.

His kind of racist final solution bullshit and lack of regard for the lives of others is exactly what is responsible for this.

• Like 2

If this thread is indicative of the level of reasoned engagement we could expect from any future negotiations between the Israelis and Palestinians, there wouldn’t appear too much ground for optimism 😞

Edited by meregreen
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, meregreen said:

If this thread is indicative of the level of reasoned engagement we could expect from any future negotiations between the Israelis and Palestinians, there wouldn’t appear too much ground for optimism 😞

Why should there be reasoned engagement when war crimes are happening daily? You can’t dress it up. 

Â