Ghosts of Tsushima

villa4europe

Currently playing AC Valhalla (not jumping back into Cyberpunk until the issues are fixed), but since I've had the PS5, I kinda just want to drop everything and start Ghost of Tsushima again. Genuinely one of my all time favourites of the PS4 era and can't wait to see how it plays on the PS5.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

Currently playing AC Valhalla (not jumping back into Cyberpunk until the issues are fixed), but since I've had the PS5, I kinda just want to drop everything and start Ghost of Tsushima again. Genuinely one of my all time favourites of the PS4 era and can't wait to see how it plays on the PS5.

Having only got this the other day, I’m still in the first act but happily trotting around slaying mongols and picking up technique points and experience.

I’ve done a couple of the mythic side quests including the Heavenly Strike, which is proving very useful! 

really enjoying the storyline, quests as well as the look and gameplay (now getting familiar with stance swapping - almost unlocked the 3rd stance!) 

So far, it’s not quite AC Odyssey but better than origins!

will get AC Valhalla in a few months 

• Like 1

Right, almost through Act 1 - just the Castle Kaneda quest to do and I’ve already unlocked and maxed out all of the stances and have a fully maxed samurai armour and katana.

Whilst I feel I’ve got the hang of switching stances I’m still enjoying the combat. 

From memory theres one more thing they give you to freshen the combat up a bit but that's about it and a couple of enemy classes are introduced in act 2, one of which I found a lot more difficult (don't read until you're there BA) 

Spoiler

The straw hats

But at the same time it still continues to work throughout the game, it never got boring and even near the end I could find myself getting killed by a scouting party if I got it wrong or messed about, it gets comfortable but not easy 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Onto Act 3 now and just acquired the Flaming Sword technique. 

I’ve maxed out every stance, technique and moves (except for the searching ones).

also Maxed out both swords and plenty of armours (although mainly use Clan Sakai armour as it adds two more victims during standoffs!) 

really loving it - the storyline is great and the additional quests involving the likes of Masako and Kenji are good too!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've started this up again, I **** love anything to do with Samurai and ninja stealth type stuff, I got bogged down the first time I played the game though because there were just so many side missions and silly little quests that it keeps you from playing the actual game.

This time around I'm just going to focus on the main story and follow that damn fox whenever he is near and do a few side missions but I'm not going to bother taking out each and every one of the mogol hideouts like I did before.

I've only been playing for about 10 minutes but I have already fell back in love with the game.

• Like 1

I've been thinking about the side missions on the basis of playing valhalla and their god awful pointless side missions and I think ghost gets it right, I really enjoyed the characters of the side missions, especially the matriarch one and the archer master, I think the format of them being split in to say 8 missions and then available whenever you like really works 

I'm thinking I'll get 1 more play through out of it in kurasawa mode in Japanese with subtitles before trading it, although I'm not sure the ps5 update and then playing it in black and white makes that much sense 

The best game for side missions was Red Dead 2, the fact that they weren't a flashing beacon on your map constantly and there was only ever 3 or 4 at once made it a lot more manageable, when you look at the map and it is awash with things to go and investigate I always find it overwhelming and ultimately get distracted by trying to 100% the game.

RDR2 I got 92% completion on mainly through just roaming around and stumbling across things

On 09/03/2021 at 18:47, leemond2008 said:

The best game for side missions was Red Dead 2, the fact that they weren't a flashing beacon on your map constantly and there was only ever 3 or 4 at once made it a lot more manageable, when you look at the map and it is awash with things to go and investigate I always find it overwhelming and ultimately get distracted by trying to 100% the game.

RDR2 I got 92% completion on mainly through just roaming around and stumbling across things

Currently blasting my way through RDR2 for the first time and enjoying the variety of side missions available. 

However for pure storytelling and enjoyable companion characters, Tsushima wins it hands down for me. 

Saying that, AC Odyssey is the best game of a similar ilk I’ve played and completed. 

• 1 year later...

It's a really good game. There's nothing about it that's amazing, but it comes together into a package that's considerably better than its parts.

And you can cosplay as Date Masamune.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Been playing this. First area was great.  

Halfway through the second island (Act 2) and I’m getting a little bored.  Enemies are all the same, the story is just go this place, kill mongols in the same way, recruit someone to help you.

Am I missing something? Or will it pick up again soon?

14 hours ago, ender4 said:

Been playing this. First area was great.  

Halfway through the second island (Act 2) and I’m getting a little bored.  Enemies are all the same, the story is just go this place, kill mongols in the same way, recruit someone to help you.

Am I missing something? Or will it pick up again soon?

Nope that's more or less it, they introduce a few new enemy types and a few weapons which makes it slightly harder but it stays more or less the same 

Spoiler

The straw hats, more big guys, flaming arrows, poison arrows

The DLC does have enemies who change their stance which is slightly harder

The story is pretty good though and the ending is great

I love the game, still haven't platinumed it though, got the bowing one to do and a couple of others, probably 5 hours to do on it 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Started Ghosts this morning, finished the prologue and feel like it’s going to be a great game.

Looking forward to it!

It is a terrific game - whilst the combat can be picked up pretty quickly, the storyline and the visuals more than make up for it. 

I loved it and would play it again from scratch. 

• Like 1

Seeing as they announced it yesterday - its everything assasins creed wishes it was

Can't wait for the film and hopefully they give it a sequel but I'm not sure how, they did attack the mainland and have a 2nd invasion but where how do they continue the main story arc? 

Edited by villa4europe

On 07/09/2022 at 14:14, villa4europe said:

Nope that's more or less it, they introduce a few new enemy types and a few weapons which makes it slightly harder but it stays more or less the same 

Hide contents

The straw hats, more big guys, flaming arrows, poison arrows

The story is pretty good though and the ending is great

I finished it and was too bored by the end to care about the story 🙁

Not sure why it didn’t click with me even though loads of people loved it.

• Sad 1

Â