Sign in to follow this  
villa4europe

Ghosts of Tsushima

time for its own thread...

confirmed by sony as being one of the four 1st party games they will showcase at e3, the trailer has been doing the rounds for a while now

developed by sucker punch (infamous, sly cooper 2 fairly underrated series IMO) its a game about the mongolian army invading a japanese island, you playing as a lone samurai fighting back

as big fan of oniumsha, tenchu even the history elements of samurai warrior this sounds almost too far down my street! theres not been a gameplay reveal yet but the island setting to me (+ what they did with infamous) suggests open world, the combat mechanisms will no doubt make or break it, i think there will be at least some element of stealth but I've got massive hopes that this topples horizon and god of war and that its closer than previous sony big e3 games, i think it could be their Q1/2 2019 game if not sooner

You're right about the devs - they've done some very steady, if not spectacular, work. Perhaps this is their time to make step up. I hope so, as you say, the setting has huge potential.

What will make or break this for me will be player movement. I like the inFamous games to an extent, but I have never been a fan of how floaty the player character was, they always seemed to take 2-3 steps further forward than I intended. 

I absolutely loved the infamous series, be interesting to see them do something else.. expecting great things from this

Sign in to follow this