Winter Olympics PyeongChang 2018

sne

12 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

The USA have made it weird being a neutral watching this curling final. Normally I'd be backing the underdog.

Edin playing well below standards and the US playing well(ish)

The US skipper and Super Mario both have very punchable faces.

B97766874Z.120180221143011000GFUJU6I7.21

Well done Billy Morgan. Britain's first ever male medalist on snow. (Alain Baxter grumble etc). Also our biggest medal haul ever at the Winter Olympics with 5 medals (Yes Scandinavia thats F-I-V-E it's not a misprint :) )

Izzy Atkin, who at 19 is the youngest member of Team GB and won Britain's first ever medal on skis earlier in the games (another Alain Baxter grumble etc), got a bit overshadowed by the skeleton I feel.

Didn't realise her Dad's side of the family is from Brum. Can we claim her as our own?

33 minutes ago, sne said:

Edin playing well below standards and the US playing well(ish)

The US skipper and Super Mario both have very punchable faces.

It's the one with the beard for me. Not that I want to punch him. I just don't trust him :D

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Mind you MrT pities the fool who doesn't give the US curlers a bit of respect!

Something about knowing Mr T is happy somewhere cheers me up :)

Would not have taken him as a curling aficionado, shows what I know :D

2 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

They phoned the ATeam mate. It was never gonna happen for you :D

All we had was the Swedish monarch and he didn't even bring the elephants he got from the sultan of Brunei.

This was clearly over for it started.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

All we had was the Swedish monarch and he didn't even bring the elephants he got from the sultan of Brunei.

This was clearly over for it started.  

Still, if you are going to lose, do it with style :D

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Ah well. Stupid game anyway :D

Thought she missed a couple of straight forward shots that cost us points in the last two ends.  This is on the basis of me never watching or playing the sport before however.  Still a shame but can't complain with 5 medals.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sne said:

Ivo Niskanen of Finland actually making a race out of the nowadays usually very boring 50k.

Really impressive so far but still a way to go.

For Sweden Calle Halfvardsson has once again chosen to quit the race.

Poor lad, he's not had a fun time in South Korea.

8bea4144-08d3-4ee0-9cf8-f2f909c08ede?fit=crop&h=733&w=1100&s=0121e2f2535056e511f956504705bfc302ff6fb3

Only 4 years until the next opportunity...

Niskanen's skiing was pretty damn unbelievable, utter domination, Bolshunov who came second was utterly spent and Niskanen looked like he could go for another 10km. Such a big shame that Myllylä wasn't there to see this, rest in peace, champion.

Gold for Sweden in the women's curling :hooray:

And the lack of officials at the Nordic events causes poor Stadlober (Austria) to take the wrong course in the women's 30k when she was clear in the silver position. Poor woman!

Guessing all the officials has been forced up into the stands to help create the illusion that there are any spectators at the event.

Massively impressive race by Marit Bjoergen :o 

Dare I say it was almost Johan Mühlegg 2002 class (not claiming any foul play) just that she was able to do the 30k like it was the 10k. While Charlotte Kalla was more akin to Per Elofsson in said race totally blowing herself by trying to follow in the impossible tempo.

And a surprise Bronze to Stina Nilsson :hooray:

Edited by sne

Â