Grant(aka_eddy)

Who will win?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hatton
    • Mayweather
    • Too close to call

mayweather was better.

ref pissed me off, kept breaking it up and refused to punish mayweather when he kept turning his back and forearming hatton in the face.

id like to see how the fight would go was it in manchester, or a lightwelter weight bout.

if mayweather had a clone made tomorrow and fought him, it would be the most boring fight ever, no punches thrown both fighters just on opposite sides of the ring running away the whole time.

ricky was silly to get hit at the end of a few early rounds and prob get points loss in that round, it put more pressure on himself.

Hatton was totally outclassed by a much more skillful and smarter fighter.

Although I wanted Hatton to win you have to admire the elusive skill of Mayweather; and his movement was so much better as Hatton just could not hit him in the latter rounds.

Hatton was found wanting and said after the fight that he was frustrated by Mayweather's use of the forearms and elbows to block his punches; this is where Mayweather knows his boxing as he was always side-on to Hatton who was attacking in a linear fashion making it too easy as Mayweather always had one side covered.

Furthermore, for those of you who are interested Mayweather used his forearms and elbows in a similar way to how a martial artist would block; often seen in arts like Taijiquan and Wing Chun with using his waste to simplify movement effectively.

Great effort by the Hitman, i was gutted when he got floored, it was horrible watching him taking a beating towards the end of the fight, but he kept coming back, fair play to him.

Having watched the vast majority of Ricky's fights since he's appeared on Sky Sports, it seems odd seeing him lose, but let's not forget, he's a light-welterweight but moved up to welterweight. He could have stayed at his natural weight, but he wanted the big fights, shyed away from nobody.

Mayweather is brilliant, he's so quick it's unbelieveable. He boxed a clever fight, chipped away at Hatton with his jab, then when he knew he was tiring, started throwing some big shots.

I don't think Hatton should retire, no way, far too young. Maybe look at a fight against Junior Witter? Mayweather's got fuckall left to prove, he may aswell finish up.

Aye. I think Mayweather can look at his results in 2007 and say he has beaten the big names. He could finish now and be up there with the Ali's, the Ray Robinson's, Marvin Haglers (etc) on the all time pound for pound lists.

I dont want him to end up like Roy Jones, doing nothing other than destroying an impeccable record by carrying on longer than he has to.

Aye. I think Mayweather can look at his results in 2007 and say he has beaten the big names. He could finish now and be up there with the Ali's, the Ray Robinson's, Marvin Haglers (etc) on the all time pound for pound lists.

I dont want him to end up like Roy Jones, doing nothing other than destroying an impeccable record by carrying on longer than he has to.

Definitely an all-time great. Up there with the Alis, Robinsons, Leonards, Haglers, Durans, Hearns'? I'm not so sure. He certainly could have hanged with the Fab Four in their primes, but Floyd's resume still fails to stack up against the top tier greats. His best wins are against Hatton 140, Castillo at 135, Corrales at 130 and De La Hoya at 154. That's a good spread of wins but, De La Hoya aside (and maybe Hatton) I don't think Floyd's exactly beaten a gang of first ballot Hall of Famers.

One of the best of the modern era no doubt, though.

If he does fight again, the only man left is Miguel Cotto at 147. That would be a nice fight to go out on.

Hatton sold his "0" for 5million, fair play to him, I would do the same

I would have thought for all the hype this generated and PPV sales in the UK were reckoned to be at least half a mil if not a mil that his purse would have been double or triple that

ok that makes more sense.

Just watched the youtube clip and simply for Hatton Mayweather was a step too far

A good class boxer but not quite the top class

If he can't beat mayweather now then he might as well give up he has acheived all he can

He's too young to retire, he's in his prime.

He needs to return to his natural weight now, light-welterweight.

Fight someone like Junior Witter, another arrogant **** that wants a piece of Hatton.

I suspect he'll lose again if he fights Witter so I doubt he'll take that fight.

He'll go down to 140 again, take an easy comeback fight and then go for a belt - if he decides to carry on.

Just got back from Vegas, has a great weekend, but a very disappointing result.

He never looked like winning, Mayweather was too good and Hatton ran out of ideas fast.

Must have been over 30,000 Brits out there. I think 6 CCTV venues sold out as well as the fight. Heard no end of Yanks saying "It seems like everyone here has a British accent." Great atmosphere around the city, not a peep out of the Americans before the fight and although they came out singing and dancing afterwards they were still outsung by the British invasion.

Hatton's world class.

Mayweather is the best of his generation.

No shame in losing for Hatton and he's still the light welterweight king.

That's my take too.

Great fight. Went pretty much the way I thought it would, but Hatton did a bit better than I thought. What happened in the 9th & 10th I thought would've happened in the 5th & 6th. Ended up walking into too many, and didn't seem to be really hurting FM. Ref was too overbearing in the first half but slightly relaxed in the latter rounds. The cynic might suggest the ref eased up once Floyd got the upperhand and only interfered while Ricky was threatening to upset him. But the better and bigger fighter won, and Ricky's 2nd visit to Welter was a little more uncomfortable than his 1st.

Â