Hatton vs Mayweather

Grant(aka_eddy)

Who will win?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hatton
    • Mayweather
    • Too close to call

Nothing as it is Promotional for Mayweather Promotion's while he is'nt in training for his next fight.

The WWE wont be paying him I dont reckon.

Sorry, i actually laughed out loud when i read that. I can assure you that Mayweather will be earning significantly more than any of the wrestlers are.

Mayweather will be earning serious dough for his 'role' but not half as much as WWE will coin in from the exposure and ppv uptake. Last year WWE made record profits from it's Wrestlemania ppv due to Donald Trump's involvement, I expect they could surpass those figures with the Mayweather story, it's already hit SSN and we're talking about it on here!

do you believe that crap JG ?

Wrestling is not sport it is entertainment, there are storylines, characters etc etc nobody, bar some children maybe, 'believes it'. If you dont take it too seriously it is no worse than the 'entertainment' called soap operas.

I think the WWF/WWE is quality. I hate it when people moan that it's not real! - Obviously it's not - it's entertainment, storylines etc...

It's no where near as good as the old days during the late 80s/early 90s then the Stone Cold/Rock era, but it's still pretty funny IMO.

Rocky and Mike Tyson have made appearances in the past - Mayweather is obviously the next in line for Wrestlemania!

Nothing as it is Promotional for Mayweather Promotion's while he is'nt in training for his next fight.

The WWE wont be paying him I dont reckon.

Sorry, i actually laughed out loud when i read that. I can assure you that Mayweather will be earning significantly more than any of the wrestlers are.

I'm not saying he earns more cash than wrestlers..

I'm sayin the WWE get greater publicity (EG this thread).. As does Mayweather Promotion's!

The way i read it is that you seem to think that Floyd Mayweather, currently the #1 fighter in the world, a boxer at the absolute peak of his powers right now having beaten some serious competition the likes of De La Hoya and Hatton in the last year would be going to a travelling circus for free in order to get publicity. Trust me, the deal will be very much on his terms and he will be doing very well out of it. If he is going to Wrestlemania with The Big Show then Floyd will be taking home ten times the money that The Big Show is. To put it in perspective, Wrestlemania is the #1 WWE pay per view. It's record takings on PPV were last year and they were $3.9m. Floyd Mayweather's PPV revenues were $120m for the fight with De La Hoya and $47m for the Hatton bout. Mayweather sells tickets. He isnt a 16 year old kid on work experience seeking publicity for a new buisness and asking for favours. He is a man at the top of his profession. His name alone is enough for his promotion buisness to see him alright when he retires from fighting as the people who he will be dealing with when he does that kind of thing already know who he is. WWE is a bit of fun, a lot of cash, and i dare say a few chats with the boys behind the scenes on how they organise events.

I agree with the above... i dont no the figures but at i geuss i would say the "travelling circus" racks in more than floyd does annually...

Vince Mac (owner of WWE) is a billionaire.. must be some travelling circus ay?

• 1 month later...

Nice!

I'm not the greatest or anything when it comes to boxing. But these two are in a different weight class aren't they? So in who's weight class was the first fight fought in, surely they'd have a huge advantage?

I'm not the greatest or anything when it comes to boxing. But these two are in a different weight class aren't they? So in who's weight class was the first fight fought in, surely they'd have a huge advantage?

Hatton fights at 140.

Mayweather currently fights at 147.

They fought at 147 last time.

Mayweather started out fighting at 130 though, in terms of weight, Hatton is naturally bigger. Weight wasn't really a factor in the fight though.

Would like to see them fight at 140 though, give Hatton the best chance possible.

Floyd is getting $20 million for his match.
sourceage?

It was on a few wrestling sites but apparently it was a "work." The real figure I think is $1-$2 million + a % of the buy rate.

I also forgot to mention that Money Mayweather will take Hatton apart again.

Â