Who will win?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hatton
    • Mayweather
    • Too close to call

Beautiful punch.

_44289122_ko_getty.jpg

Hatton was simply beaten by a better fighter. Mayweather was quicker and stronger and his gameplan worked beautifully. Wear Hatton down in the early stages, force the mistakes then punish them. Hatton wouldnt have been open like that if he wasnt tired and pissed off.

Mayweather is very gracious in victory. You do get the sense that everything leading up to the fight is mind games and trying to sell tickets. Mayweather is a class act.

Where now for Hatton? I think there has been a lot of talking about a De La Hoya fight while everyone has been together in Vegas. One at Wembley in the new year perhaps?

TBF I think Hatton would have won in Manchester. Pretty Boy played a good tactical match and it payed off. Probably the best boxing match I've seen in ages, but that doesn't say much seeing as I can count on one hand how many boxing matches I've watch the whole way through.

Fair enough really. Ricky gave hes all but it wasn't enough. Mayweather is a very clever fighter.

The ref was a disgrace through as Mayweather kept ducking below Hattons waist but the ref was then pulling Hatton up for chopping at Mayweathers head. Take nothing away from Mayweather though he is a class act.

For Ricky Hatton, well bring on Oscar De La Hoya at Wembley next year.

For Ricky Hatton, well bring on Oscar De La Hoya at Wembley next year.

That sounds like a great fight! But I though Hoya retired??? Anyways I'll know who I'll be routing for in that fight....;)

It was already muted that win or lose De La Hoya would be Hattons next opponent.

The only problem for me is that Ricky is really only a light welterweight and there is no way De La Hoya will ge down to that weight again so Ricky may have to fight at weltherweight which, as tonight proved, is not Hattons best weight.

I think the fight will be made though as money talks.

Unlucky Ricky, did the nation proud tonight!

The chips were always against him with it not being his weight class, and Mayweathers huge advantage in terms of reach, but Hatton put up a good fight in front of a great set of fans. Mayweather played a superb fight and showed that he is the best around right now, gotta give him credit where it's due.

Unlucky Ricky, did the nation proud tonight!

The chips were always against him with it not being his weight class, and Mayweathers huge advantage in terms of reach, but Hatton put up a good fight in front of a great set of fans. Mayweather played a superb fight and showed that he is the best around right now, gotta give him credit where it's due.

He did, unlike the arseholes that booed their national anthem. That wound the Yanks up like nothing and looks bad on what great support he had with him.MW, was rattled in the first few rounds, but the class that he has lured Ricky off his game plan and he also played the ref a blinder too. That's what makes a Champion of his calibre. I also think that if the fight had been in the UK, it would have been closer.

Nevermind, I'd like t see Ricky concetrate on the Light Welterweight division. He still has a lot to offer.

The ref was extremely annoying but to be fair there werent many punches thrown when they did come together, Mayweather did a good job of locking up his arms and Hatton acknowledged it.

Absolutely gutted at the result, Mayweather really was too clever and too fast, but no way did i ever think he'd win on a knockout. Ricky just got a bit too frustrated and left himself a bit too open, started picking up clean hits a good few rounds before that left hook that did him.

I woudlnt see the point in a rematch either, there's not much different Hatton could do, he just got boxed out of the contest to the point he couldnt land anything significant. Mayweather style is truly horrible, to nullify Hatton and make him look average, but it's also pretty much unbeatable. Bollocks!!! :(

I bet my head hurts more than ricky's this morning

I agree with the point about the ref and I can't see mayweather bothering with a re-match, he's beaten everyone he needs to.

Exactly. He's now beaten the golden oldie in De La Hoya, and the new golden boy in Hatton. He's proved he's the best in the business by a long way. Fair play to him, I thought it would be closer than it was.

I bet my head hurts more than ricky's this morning

I agree with the point about the ref and I can't see mayweather bothering with a re-match, he's beaten everyone he needs to.

Exactly. He's now beaten the golden oldie in De La Hoya, and the new golden boy in Hatton. He's proved he's the best in the business by a long way. Fair play to him, I thought it would be closer than it was.

Yep i'd agree with that, there's nothing left to prove is there. He seems like he isnt really that chuffed with being a boxer and wants to go out at the top, as the best as quickly as possible. Interesting he mentioned going into promotion, he'll make a fortune there and he knows it, suits his image and lifestyle alot better too.

I was gutted he lost.

I said from the start his only shot was to knock him out wqithin 5 rounds or so. If it went any distance Mayweather would take him, or win on points.

Ricky's main problem last night was he had to get into mayweather to do any damage, and EVERY time he did that he'd get a jab in the face on the way in. i don't care how good you are, that many jabs will take its toll eventually. He gave it his best shot but I think he lacks the power in the higher weight class to kill off people like Mayweather!

Â