Proud of our club Donate To Mo

Demitri_C

• 2 weeks later...

They have raised 17k so far via JustGiving of a 250k target. The club said if the supporters pledge 20k they would match it.  I know the players have already donated 20k and I am sure he has had other donations outside of this JustGiving campaign. I am though a bit surprised that more hasn't been raised via the supporters via this campaign. If 4000 of us gave a fiver he'd have already achieved 20k.

18 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

They have raised 17k so far via JustGiving of a 250k target. The club said if the supporters pledge 20k they would match it.  I know the players have already donated 20k and I am sure he has had other donations outside of this JustGiving campaign. I am though a bit surprised that more hasn't been raised via the supporters via this campaign. If 4000 of us gave a fiver he'd have already achieved 20k.

I agree come on guys lets do this for the lad !

I know the club are doing a good thing here but I think they are being a bit stingy. Multi Billionaire Dr X asking fans to raise 20k and then putting in £20k as well. Sounds stupid to criticise but come on. The players could put £5k in each as well (less than 10% of a weeks wage, 2.5% of a months wage for some).   

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I know the club are doing a good thing here but I think they are being a bit stingy. Multi Billionaire Dr X asking fans to raise 20k and then putting in £20k as well. Sounds stupid to criticise but come on. The players could put £5k in each as well (less than 10% of a weeks wage, 2.5% of a months wage for some).   

Yes I wanted to say something similar.

This thread title says “proud of our club”. Well if they’re not going to donate because the fans have missed the target by a couple of grand, then I won’t be particularly proud of our club in this respect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I wanted to post exactly the same thing but I didn't know if I was being unfair, Mrs P said I was.

I understand the club have to be careful and they've done a lot for him in the past I guess, but I'm not sure how else he's going to get to £250k if the club are only offering £20k. Of course £20k isn't to be sniffed at, but it's hardly a dent in the total needed.

• Like 1

Yeah I felt a bit weird ‘criticising’ but a lad has a shit hand in life and needs £250k, fans can only do so much and I know behind the scenes a lot of players do a lot of good and spend a lot of time helping charities and whatnot which is not to be under appreciated at all but this £250k split between the whole squad, tony and a bit contributed by the fans for the sake of this little lad is piss easy for them and overall it’s down the back of the sofa change for these (let’s be honest) overpaid millionaires.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

It’s a difficult one, obviously any donation is great. I also acknowledge that if the club simply stumped up all the cash in this case, they could possibly be expected to do so all the time.

So a joint thing with the supporters and the club is a good move and it helps strengthen the bond.

I just think there could be a bit more done. Even if it was just “buy a programme and £1 of of the cost will go straight to this great cause” or anything like that. Would that be too difficult to implement?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I kinda get where people are coming from. It's hardly a dent in the overall figure (£17,733 right now) but these things show the power of the media. It got off to an amazing start when the story in the OP broke. Donations trickle in as it gets shared around facebook/instagram/twitter and so on but an appearance on a nationally broadcast programme or a mention on the BBC website, which reach millions in one go, and the goodness, the caring and the empathy in people shines through. In £2,267's time the club will have to make good on their promise and 17k becomes 40k - almost 20% of the overall target. With that will come (hopefully) another round of media interest. As the total required starts to become smaller than the total already gathered I think there's a natural inclination in people to be the last person - the one that tipped it over the limit so to speak so the more we keep talking about Mo (even if we're not donating or have already donated) the more chance we're giving him of actually getting to the amount of money he needs. The first step is always the hardest.

If you're reading this thinking 'I'd love to donate but I cant afford it' then if you can share it on your social media then you are helping spread the word. Who says the chain from any particular donation wouldn't have been sparked initially by you spreading the word far and wide?

Its not a game of who has money to put in or why someone isn't or why someone with more hasn't paid more. It is just about helping a little kid out.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/moin-fund

And lets not forget it's for Mo to hopefully access a clinical trial. Who knows what may be learned that could help every future sufferer of Epidermolysis Bullosis to come after him?

Edited by VILLAMARV
actual numberwang!

Â