Football Association Needs To Clear Up Confusion NOW

JohnCresswell

With things going so well on and off the pitch, there hasn’t been too much to actually get our teeth into at VT – we’ve just been sitting back and enjoying the ride. However, true to form, something has popped up.

It appears that a rather huge, elephant sized mistake has been made by the Football Association – and it is up to us, as Villa fans, to make sure that it is rectified.

Eyebrows were raised when we were drawn against Manchester Utd for the fourth time time seven years. When people were claiming this was a ‘fix’, they were being jovial, having a bit of a joke at the consistency that Villa seem to be able to draw the Champions.

However, it is now very clear that an error has been made in the draw, and it is no longer valid.

Manchester United were given the ball number 24 to represent them. Yet the ball number 25 is drawn out against Villa. Later, the ball 24 is drawn, but called ‘ball 25’.

Not sure?

as proof.

I’m not worried about playing Manchester United. Aston Villa can be anybody at anywhere. However, it is in my firm belief in fairness and correctness. What’s the point in having a draw if its actually meaningless?

It looks like a cock-up of the highest order and even if the FA say that is was verified we do not know how or under what circumstances that verification went ahead. As Villa fans, we now need to demand to be show evidence of this, and evidence that secondary checks were made.

Was is an independent verification as per the Lottery? Was it verified that all 64 balls were in the bag and all came out with no regard to the order? Again, we need proof.

Because at the moment Ladies and Gentleman, this draw looks incorrect. The F.A need to either show proof that it wasn’t a mistake and simply ‘covered up’ by an old timer who was embarrassed and not being able to recognize a number correctly, or set the fixtures to be the correct one.

What can we do as Villa fans? Simple. I’ve set up a useful email addresses post on the main forum. Please use this to insert any email address that belongs to anybody in the media, FA or anyone who can help our cause. And we must use these in an intelligent, calm way to ensure that the correct draw is established.

One thing is certain. If a satisfactory explanation and result is not given, I will be regarding this tournament as void and will not be going to the game – and I suggest that you save your money from the F.A’s pockets, and do the same thing.

Actually before you get high and mighty about this, I have to say im not convinsed it was an error. Sure at first look on that video it looks like 25, but, 24 has a line underneath and as an odd font for the number 4 as you can see 24 in the bowl just before he takes the ball out. The video is poor quality and there is clearly light shining off the ball, having enlarged and sharpend the image, it looks more like the 24.

Plus when they draw out the middlesbrough ball you can't see anything as his finger is over it, so how you've come to the conclusion its a 24 i don't know.

I'm all for bashing the FA I think they are bunch of over paid retards, but i don't think someone live on tell would read the wrong number out twice!! and being the exact opposite each time????

Trouble is, just imagine if it was an error and got corrected so we played Middlesboro - and then they were to beat us!! How awful - might as well put up with it this year maybe and then , maybe, the FA can "ensure" we aren't drawn against Man U again in the near future?

Actually before you get high and mighty about this, I have to say im not convinsed it was an error.

Nobody is getting high and mighty about it - I just want fairness and integrity for not only Aston Villa, but the FA Cup as a competition. Whilst there are still MASSIVE question marks, then something needs to be done to ensure that the competition.

While there is ANY doubt into ANY draw, it needs looking into, and either being re-drawn or given conclusive proof that all is correct.

On first viewing it very much looks like the number 25 is drawn out - however, subsequent viewings I now think it is the 24, which for some reason has a line underneath it, as can be seen prior to it being pulled out - this line does make it look like a 25.

The 'other ball' in question cannot be seen and therefore we can't say if that is a 24 or 25.

There is sufficent doubt on both cases though - and that alone should lead to this whole saga being escalated.

On first viewing it very much looks like the number 25 is drawn out - however, subsequent viewings I now think it is the 24, which for some reason has a line underneath it, as can be seen prior to it being pulled out - this line does make it look like a 25.

The 'other ball' in question cannot be seen and therefore we can't say if that is a 24 or 25.

There is sufficent doubt on both cases though - and that alone should lead to this whole saga being escalated.

Why was the ball showing number 25 not held up to see though as they do normally do this for every single ball for the cameras to see. Did he realise that he had made a mistake and then not hold the ball up to cover his ass!

Why was the ball showing number 25 not held up to see though as they do normally do this for every single ball for the cameras to see. Did he realise that he had made a mistake and then not hold the ball up to cover his ass!

What confusion? It's quite obviously a 24. I can see the confusion if the author didn't realise that there is underlining on the balls, but after that's been pointed out, I don't see where there's any room for doubt.

With the 25, though his finger does cover part of the ball, it's only the left hand side, the 5 can be seen clearly.

The video link isnt working.

< this one does though.

As for what i make of the movie? Well, its as clear as mud. The resolution of youtube doesnt help at all. Im sure there are still copies of the draw in an uncompressed format around though. It would be interesting to see one of those.

In my opinion (and having read the BBC blog on the matter) there was no error. The underscore ('_') gave the '24' the blurred appearance of a '25' so what we thought was a 25 was actually 24 imo.

I'm not convinced.

Why don't we just beat them? Home advantage and if you have a go at them they don't like it up 'em.

Bolton beat them and Bolton are crap.

If only it were as simple as that.

We havent beaten Man Utd's first XI for twelve and a half years!

I'm pretty sure that was 24, as much as i'd like the FA to be held responsible for another cock-up! The draw has been made now so i don't think anybody would have much chance of getting it changed....

Oh well, back to plan A, we'll have to finish of the job we started in that 1st half hour in October :clap:

One thing is certain. If a satisfactory explanation and result is not given, I will be regarding this tournament as void and will not be going to the game – and I suggest that you save your money from the F.A’s pockets, and do the same thing.

I cannot agree with that.

I would not discourage anyone from going to the match and supporting the team. ....

It is very easy to jump in and say dont go to the match, but I think that really misses the target.

I agree. For a start, it's not the FA that get the money, it's the two clubs that get the majority of it - about 40% each, then some goes towards costs and a small part to the FA which is then put into a central pot.

Additionally, it is likely that by drawing ManU rather than Boro the gate will be higher and therefore the club will get more money from the game.

Haven't seen the clips because youtube is blocked, but unless it's crystal clear it was definitely an error/deliberate mistake, just get on with it, go down the match, support the team and hope we win.