Football Association Needs To Clear Up Confusion NOW

JohnCresswell

What confusion? It's quite obviously a 24.

Exactly. Aslo why would he say 24 instead of 25? This is like 99% of internet conspiracy theories, total BS. Oh and the footage is from the daily star, does that not help? When was the last time they printed something that was true?

On first viewing it very much looks like the number 25 is drawn out - however, subsequent viewings I now think it is the 24, which for some reason has a line underneath it, as can be seen prior to it being pulled out - this line does make it look like a 25.

The 'other ball' in question cannot be seen and therefore we can't say if that is a 24 or 25.

There is sufficent doubt on both cases though - and that alone should lead to this whole saga being escalated.

EXACTLY!

Well, first of all, a thanks goes to JC for actually being one of the only mods to take this to the next step.

Let's say the draw wasn't cocked up, and the guy pulling the balls did say and name them correctly, why didn't he show the ball numbers almost completely? That alone is a cockup. If there is any shred of doubt then I think there should be a re-draw. However doing this screws up everyone elses draws and the whole FA and clubs within would make us look like cowards. But on the same token, if it was their club in our position they would do the same.

I'm completely :? about all this and it makes me sick, but I simply won't just believe the FA were right, I think it's in some of our nature to not just bend over and get screwed. The video is inconclusive, both balls are unclear (one more then the other) and that is where the problem lies. You can either say "the balls are unclear and I'll believe what the announcer guy said" or you can say "the balls are unclear and I'm not sure of the announcer guy and therefore I am in doubt".

Now I know I've posted on a "conspiracy theory", maybe that's taking it too far. But believing and taking this without any kind of doubt of error is just plain stupid.

Glad to see this saga continue, and I'd like to see what MON thinks of it all, although I'm sure he just wants to get on with it and play the Reds and be over it with.

I'm not convinced.

Why don't we just beat them? Home advantage and if you have a go at them they don't like it up 'em.

Bolton beat them and Bolton are crap.

If only it were as simple as that.

We havent beaten Man Utd's first XI for twelve and a half years!

True, but we're playing well at the moment and I don't see any reason why we can't put that run to bed.

i cannot agree with anyone who says that the ball pulled out was number 24..even in the poor youtube video quality it is clear that the number 25 was pulled out....

my uncle is a behavioral analyst and he said that the reaction from the guy pulling out the balls and calling the number in question is clearly one of a man who knows he has just mad a HUGE mistake..the fact that he licks his lips and his eyes wandered(0:57)...cant remember what he said about licking lips but my uncle said the fact that his eyes wandered over to the guy who looked to be in charge(trevor brooking) shows that he was trying to make sure it went un-noticed and hopefully get away with it.there is alot more to it then that but i didnt understand alot of what my uncle was saying..not sure if that makes sence to you guys but thats what i'v been told...

i for one think this is a disgrace and think all villa fans should be calling on the fa's door and demanding an investiagaion by the appropriate people...

we should not sit back and let this happen....

anyone any suggestions???

i cannot agree with anyone who says that the ball pulled out was number 24..even in the poor youtube video quality it is clear that the number 25 was pulled out....

my uncle is a behavioral analyst and he said that the reaction from the guy pulling out the balls and calling the number in question is clearly one of a man who knows he has just mad a HUGE mistake..the fact that he licks his lips and his eyes wandered(0:57)...cant remember what he said about licking lips but my uncle said the fact that his eyes wandered over to the guy who looked to be in charge(trevor brooking) shows that he was trying to make sure it went un-noticed and hopefully get away with it.there is alot more to it then that but i didnt understand alot of what my uncle was saying..not sure if that makes sence to you guys but thats what i'v been told...

i for one think this is a disgrace and think all villa fans should be calling on the fa's door and demanding an investiagaion by the appropriate people...

we should not sit back and let this happen....

anyone any suggestions???

Agreed, agreed and agreed. It's starting to become very frustrating. I hope there is more about this in tomorrows paper.

even in the poor youtube video quality it is clear that the number 25 was pulled out

Err, right.

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but you are all deluding yourselves if you think anything other than the number 24 was drawn.

You suggest that the reaction of the guy who drew the ball is the reaction of someone who realises the true implications of what he has just done. I agree - he was probably aware that the number 24 was United, and was probably also aware of recent FA Cup 3rd Round Draw history!

i agree with your point oo but im just going on what iv been said...im am pretty undecided now after reading all the posts but lets hope there is a clear quality video of it out there somewhere

Absurd. A ridiculous article, sorry. It's a 24. The FA do not need to clear up any confusion, there is no confusion other than by those who wish to confuse themselves. Ask the question, fair enough, but all this accusatory language and suggestion that somehow the onus is on the FA to confirm a perfectly valid draw because of conspiratorial Villa fans is ridiculous.

Let's look forward to the match, no start calling the integrity of the draw into question with high handed statements about how the governong body should be behaving. Flagging this up simply detracts from any valid criticisms (of which there are many) that we may have of the FA, please, move on.

ok guys i have 20/20 vision and the first number is 24 so we have been robbed. listen to the tone of brooking when he says man united its like he knows the guy **** up.

its a complete farce. i say we write to teh DAILY STAR, they are the ones reporting the story so we can gain support from them

ok guys i have 20/20 vision and the first number is 24 so we have been robbed. listen to the tone of brooking when he says man united its like he knows the guy **** up.

:lol:

If it is a 24, then we haven't been robbed.

Very true.. and i agree with the majority on here, that this is a mess, needs looked into further.. this is shambolic.

Only a week ago the Scottish FA made the same f* up drawning aberdeen twice or something, and it looks 90-10 that the English FA have f* up on this one too!!

Even if we still end up playing Manure.. i still want verification or something from the FA.. other wise It's what demitri and a few others have posted, and still looks to remain a farce.

It is a mess, but only because the doddery old fool didn't realise the importance of the number on the balls he was covering up.

As for the "United" ball - looks like the 24 in my book. But why the hell would you underline ALL the balls?!

Very amusing.

ballcomparisondu9.jpg

From left to right:

1) The ball in the "hat", featuring the underline which seems to confuse so many people.

2) The ball being shown after being selected.

3) The ball #45, to demonstrate the difference between the two numbers.

I think the only thing "shambolic" here is the eyesight from certain fans.

I agree the behaviour of the clearing in the woods drawing the numbers appears suspicious, like someone who's made a cock-up and knows it.

But if he's so dim as to do it in the first place, how come he's also bright enough to correct it in front of cameras and millions of viewers by

a) remembering exactly what he'd done wrong and exactly what he would have to do to cover it up,

B) managing to draw another ball and conceal just enough of it to allow some doubt without making it clear that he was concealing the number, and

c) doing all this in front of live tv cameras.

It looks to me like the process could have been better handled.

As for the conspiracy theories - don't think so. Me, I love a good conspiracy theory. Emphasise "good". What's being said here is utter bollocks.

In whose interest is it to force another AV-MU game? Really, what difference will it make to viewing figures or anything else? If there was heavy betting on the outcome, that would be different. Is there evidence of this?

Does it matter to us? Not at all. Personally, I think we'll stuff them. If we lose, well, we'd have to beat someone like them to win the cup anyway, so if we can't do it, better go out now than play 4 games, get 3 players injured, then go out.

I really don't care about this draw. It's just a team we have to beat to go through. We had 1 chance in 92 of playing them in this round, and having played them before doesn't change this very simple fact. And not being superstitious, I really don't care about past records and results. Every game is a standing start, and we need to do well.

Heh heh... conspiracy? I think not.

I still think the number 24 was pulled out. The "close up" is of such poor quality that the strange font they used for the '4' looks like a '5' thanks to the underlining of each number.

After all, is there a person on the planet that doesn't know the difference between a 4 and a 5?

Still, I love the tongue out and the supposed sly look. Everybody looks weird in slow mo.