Every Player Has A Price?

JuanCrablo24

As a reprise from the intense going round in circle debate of Bruce's effectiveness as manager so far, and seeing we are in the transfer window, I was wondering hypothetically what fee would people think would be the best price we could get for our key players, and would be that magic number which the board would stop and consider selling?

Obviously I'm not suggesting we sell any of these players, and selling them would massively harm our chances of promotions. But what fee would you accept, under the idea that ever player has a price, we were under no pressure to sell and if promised the transfer fee would be put straight back into funding incoming transfers?

• Chester - 15 mill?
  • Taylor - 5 mill?
  • Hutton - 2 mill?
  • Whelan - 2 mill?
  • Jedinak - 2 mill?
  • Hourihane - 6 mill?
  • Adomah - 15 mill?
  • Green - 10 mill?
  • Davis - 12 mill?
  • Grealish - 18 mill?
  • Kodjia - 18 mill?

1 hour ago, JuanCrablo24 said:

As a reprise from the intense going round in circle debate of Bruce's effectiveness as manager so far, and seeing we are in the transfer window, I was wondering hypothetically what fee would people think would be the best price we could get for our key players, and would be that magic number which the board would stop and consider selling?

Obviously I'm not suggesting we sell any of these players, and selling them would massively harm our chances of promotions. But what fee would you accept, under the idea that ever player has a price, we were under no pressure to sell and if promised the transfer fee would be put straight back into funding incoming transfers?

• Chester - 15 mill?
  • Taylor - 5 mill?
  • Hutton - 2 mill?
  • Whelan - 2 mill?
  • Jedinak - 2 mill?
  • Hourihane - 6 mill?
  • Adomah - 15 mill?
  • Green - 10 mill?
  • Davis - 12 mill?
  • Grealish - 18 mill?
  • Kodjia - 18 mill?

• Chester - £15m minimum, is very good and would be hard to replace
  • Taylor - Would let him go for £2m.
  • Hutton - Free, contract is up, if we are still in the championship next year I'd offer him another year on small wages.
  • Whelan - Free, his wages are too high to make him worthwhile.
  • Jedinak - Free, his wages are too high to make him worthwhile.
  • Hourihane - £6m, he is useful and not too old could do a job in the PL if used accordingly.
  • Adomah - £8m, having a good season but can be replaced for less than that and is not that young.
  • Green - Not for sale yet. Will take £50m in 2 years time.
  • Davis - £2m plus a sell on clause, might become an average league 1 striker, might be better.
  • Grealish - £25m if sold now, could be worth at least double that if he fulfills potential at some stage.
  • Kodjia - £8m, injuries have devalued him a lot.

Thes opinions might look silly in the future.

6 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:
  • Chester - £15m minimum, is very good and would be hard to replace
  • Taylor - Would let him go for £2m.
  • Hutton - Free, contract is up, if we are still in the championship next year I'd offer him another year on small wages.
  • Whelan - Free, his wages are too high to make him worthwhile.
  • Jedinak - Free, his wages are too high to make him worthwhile.
  • Hourihane - £6m, he is useful and not too old could do a job in the PL if used accordingly.
  • Adomah - £8m, having a good season but can be replaced for less than that and is not that young.
  • Green - Not for sale yet. Will take £50m in 2 years time.
  • Davis - £2m plus a sell on clause, might become an average league 1 striker, might be better.
  • Grealish - £25m if sold now, could be worth at least double that if he fulfills potential at some stage.
  • Kodjia - £8m, injuries have devalued him a lot.

Thes opinions might look silly in the future.

Agree with most. But even though he hasn’t been the best lately I reckon there would be uproar if we let Davis go for 2mill and a sell on clause. 

I also missed off Terry and Hogan. Although he is invaluable to us and only contracted to us for the end of the season. What price would people accept this window to be without him for the rest of season. Hypothetically of course would the board accept a cheeky 5 mill bid??

Edited by JuanCrablo24
Typo

4 hours ago, JuanCrablo24 said:

I also missed off Terry and Hogan. Although he is invaluable to us and only contracted to us for the end of the season. What price would people accept this window to be without him for the rest of season. Hypothetically of course would the board accept a cheeky 5 mill bid??

I think for £5 mil definitely they would. 

22 hours ago, JuanCrablo24 said:

• Chester - 15 mill?
  • Taylor - 5 mill?
  • Hutton - 2 mill?
  • Whelan - 2 mill?
  • Jedinak - 2 mill?
  • Hourihane - 6 mill?
  • Adomah - 15 mill?
  • Green - 10 mill?
  • Davis - 12 mill?
  • Grealish - 18 mill?
  • Kodjia - 18 mill?

I think you've been very generous with all except for Chester who, under the circumstances you outline, I would want £20m+ for (in todays mental market). 

I think you could halve all the others to be realistic in terms of what someone would be willing to pay

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think for £5 mil definitely they would. 

Promotion is everything. We wouldn't sell any first teamers unless we got truly mind boggling money. £5m for a 36 year with 6 months left is good money on it's own but not head turning considering why he was brought here.

Â