The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

It's not just var, it's the gradual adjustment of the rules over time. They've tweaked and fiddled over decades, losing the perspective of what the laws were intended to do. Handball and offside are just completely ludicrous these days.

• Like 2

And the hand ball rule is what exactly? Apart from whatever it needs to be in any given situation.

McTomminay playing hot potato in the penalty box is OK because they are Manure?

3 minutes ago, sne said:

And the hand ball rule is what exactly? Apart from whatever it needs to be in any given situation.

McTomminay playing hot potato in the penalty box is OK because they are Manure?

Unnatural position.

Unlike McTominay, Digne’s arm was in an unnatural position as when you’re not a player for a sky 6 side you don’t deserve to be on the pitch.

16 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

So are we still saying it's not corrupt ? 

I will be fascinated to hear the BS reasons that was not a penalty yet Digne's was. Cannot even hide behind the usual "Homer" ref excuse as Utd were away. 

I await the weekly massive broom being deployed to sweep this one under the carpet.

Jokers.

Every week there is evidence and yet most folk still seem to be reluctant to believe it's actual corruption you are witnessing rather than the ridiculous "it was a mistake" or whatever nonsense they make up.

So this apparently was "ball to hand" even though he was planted on the floor and his arms were clearly spread sideways at shoulder height in an unatural position in an attempt to make himself a bigger obstacle to get the ball past. Yeah OK then!

Yet last week Digne jumps and of course has to have his arms similarly high to get leverage and it's deliberate hand ball?!

How can folk not see this is clear corruption? Even if the ref made a mistake there is no longer any reason to not get it right with VAR as a back up. Please don't tell me they repeatedly get it wrong by mistake or accident "but only in favour of certain teams". That is nonsense & clearly it is corrupt.

Digne blocked a shot on goal with his arm. I think it was a harsh penalty because he was just jumping for the ball but you can understand why stopping a shot with your arms is considered a penalty. 

No chance that Man U one was a penalty though, the ball bumping a players arm in an inconsequential way is never a penalty. 

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Digne blocked a shot on goal with his arm. I think it was a harsh penalty because he was just jumping for the ball but you can understand why stopping a shot with your arms is considered a penalty. 

No chance that Man U one was a penalty though, the ball bumping a players arm in an inconsequential way is never a penalty. 

I'm afraid it will be at the 45 other league games this weekend

Just now, LondonLax said:

Na. That’s just conspiracy theory rubbish. 

Why? 

Because you don't agree with it. Each to their own but it's not a conspiracy theory just because you don't agree with it. 

VAR has been corrupt from day one and as Rafa would say... thats a fact

18 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

But the rule doesn't comment on how the ball gets there it comments on the position of the arm -  and if that's the case they're both the same 

Just now, villa4europe said:

But the rule doesn't comment on how the ball gets there it comments on the position of the arm -  and if that's the case they're both the same 

I agree, I think they both should not have been hand ball. 

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Digne blocked a shot on goal with his arm. I think it was a harsh penalty because he was just jumping for the ball but you can understand why stopping a shot with your arms is considered a penalty, although it wouldn't be if it was one of the scummy 6 clubs of course.

No chance that Man U one was a penalty though, the ball bumping a players arm in an inconsequential way is never a penalty unless you happen to be playing one of the scummy 6 clubs. 

Corrected for you

On 27/08/2022 at 15:27, Talldarkandransome said:

Why? 

Because you don't agree with it. Each to their own but it's not a conspiracy theory just because you don't agree with it. 

VAR has been corrupt from day one and as Rafa would say... thats a fact

It’s absolutely not a fact though

• Like 1

There's zero evidence of corruption 

Plenty of evidence for ineptitude, more than a fair bit for bias and even more for crumbling to pressure

But outright corruption?

You'd be better off banging the drum that the PL wants the headlines generated by the cock ups so there's no rush to fix this because it generates water cooler chatter - which I believe to be true, that's the conspiracy theory, the PL knows the refs aren't good but they don't care 

Â