Champions League Draw Last 16

andykeenan

Tottenham have been very unlucky. after topping a really tough group they now face a tough tie. Liverpool, Man City and Man U can all be very pleased. Chelsea had the chance to top their group and would have faced Shaktar so only have themselves to blame. Real v PSG means one of the big boys will go. I would laugh if it was PSG after the money they have spent. 

Edited by PaulC

Europa League draw.

Arsenal get to visit northern Sweden in the middle of winter, congrats!

Borussia Dortmund-Atalanta

OGC Nice-Lokomotiv Moskva

FC Köpenhamn-Atlético Madrid

Spartak Moskva-Athletic Bilbao

AEK Aten-Dynamo Kiev

Celtic FC-Zenit St Petersburg

SSC Napoli-RB Leipzig

Röda Stjärnan-CSKA Moskva

Olympique Lyon-Villarreal

Real Sociedad-FC Salzburg

FK Partizan-Viktoria Plzen

FC Steaua Bukarest- Lazio

PFC Ludogorets-AC Milan

FC Astana-Sporting CP

Östersunds FK-Arsenal

Marseille-Braga

PSG - Real Madrid could very well have been the final if the drawings worked out differently. 

Spurs - Juventes is harsh on Spurs. I don't see Spurs beating Juve. 

Barca - Chelsea is the most interesting one for me. I think Chelsea will somehow win it. 

City and United must be happy. 

Three English teams going through there. Chelsea and Spurs to fall (can already see Chellini and co elbowing Kane/Dele Ali off the ball.)

If the tie was played this week PSG would win. Things can change in two months though as Ronaldo is starting to score more frequently.

On 12/11/2017 at 11:39, sne said:

The Barca - Chelsea one was pretty much guaranteed due to the silly rules.

They should just dispense with the draw altogether and ask the TV companies what fixtures they would like to have. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

I don't see any reason why Spurs cant beat Juve over two legs. I watced the Inter milan Juve game and it was pretty poor quality 

Dybala, Higuain and Mandzukic be too much for spurs plus Juventus defence are well equiped to deal with Spurs attack

Juventus hardly ever lose at home. They've stopped Barca twice from scoring on home turf in last six months.

Can see them nicking home leg 1-0 and then scoring at Wembley.

It will be a tight game but think their great experience at this stage of competition will come to the fore.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Dybala, Higuain and Mandzukic be too much for spurs plus Juventus defence are well equiped to deal with Spurs attack

If Mandzukic performs like he did against Inter no chance. Maybe it will be tougher for the English clubs in the knockout stages but they have bossed the groups this year. 

• 2 months later...

Europa League last 16 draw:

Lazio (ITA) v Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)

Leipzig (GER) v Zenit (RUS)

Atlético (ESP) v Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS)

CSKA Moskva (RUS) v Lyon (FRA)

Marseille (FRA) v Athletic (ESP)

Sporting CP (POR) v Plzeň (CZE)

Dortmund (GER) v Salzburg (AUT)

Milan (ITA) v Arsenal (ENG)

I don't know, Milan are a team with their own problems, think there's been a bit of an overreaction to it, arsenal can beat them and probably should beat then...which will no doubt be followed by another overreaction about it being a brilliant result 

Strange week in that Seville were regarded as a bit of a nothing team but Milan have held their esteem

• Like 1

Plzen are a dark horse this year. Zero losses in our domestic league with only 5 goals conceded in 17 matches. Krmencik (who we were apparently linked with) is destroying the league and doing very well in Europa. .

I also think Arsenal are going to go through. Ozil, Aubameyang, Lacazette, and Mkhitaryan are enough to see them through if they actually play that is. 

Edited by Czechlad

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Plzen are a dark horse this year. Zero losses in our domestic league with only 5 goals conceded in 17 matches. Krmencik (who we were apparently linked with) is destroying the league and doing very well in Europa. .

I also think Arsenal are going to go through. Ozil, Aubameyang, Lacazette, and Mkhitaryan are enough to see them through if they actually play that is. 

Aubameyang is cup tied

Â