SHA vs Villa: Discussion Thread

Jez

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Knight did really, really well today. He was good on the head, and looked comfortable to be honest.
Nope at fault for their goal - and went missing a few times especially towards the end.

But do I give a monekys now? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus Christ....

No he was playing up front for us

I'm going to single out one player that has recevied a ton of stick this season. PETROV - well done. Played a good game and bled for the claret and blue today

I agree - despite the stick he has taken - especially from the boo-boys at VP, he looked every part the Villa player and was totally up for this game.

While there is probably some justifiable criticism of MON's "playing for places" philosophy, you'd have to say Petrov has really responded to it.

Attemps on goal were 11-13 in our favour, on target was 2-4 in our favour. Possession although I don't see the official stat was more or less even, which is very good as you normally assume the home team to get a little more of the ball.

On stats, I felt the victory was deserved.

The penalty incidents... yes, we were lucky to get away with. Both could easily have been given on another day, but that's football. On other days Nigel Reo Coker would have buried that volley...

I don't want to point fingers and blame for their goal, I think it was well worked and a good header.

I think we deserved the 3 points, and I think we have alot to thank Mr Agbonlahor for, not only scoring the winner, but only 2 minutes or so before preventing what was nearly a winner for Birmingham.

Wasn't the best football we've played this season, but that wasn't an ordinary game... it was scrappy, it was full of passion, and at the end of the day there was just that little glint of class which was the difference, which we had, and they didn't. A typical derby game, which saw the better team win, I feel.

Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker

In fairness... if it was the other way around with those penalty incidents we'd be livid.. so I see where he's coming from..

But in football you have to adjust as the game goes on. They spent the rest of the game complaining that decisions weren't going their way.. while we just got on with it.

Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker Bicker
You just love mods :-)

Its a hap hap happy day ........

it may be that laursen clipped de ridder but the fact that he went down like a sack of shit made bennett think he dived. i'm not sure the clip was enough to send him down so i'm not sure a penalty was justified. the handball was handball - if you know what I mean - so fairly do's there...

I thought Knight did really, really well today. He was good on the head, and looked comfortable to be honest.
Nope at fault for their goal - and went missing a few times especially towards the end.

actually it was Mellberg who lost Forsell, Zat was marking Jerome

Nope, Zat came out to try to win the ball high up the pitch, missed it tioally and got turned - he then laboured back and was still jogging in when forsell scored.

thank goodness it didn't matter. But I still think he's a liability

In fairness... if it was the other way around with those penalty incidents we'd be livid.. so I see where he's coming from..

But in football you have to adjust as the game goes on. They spent the rest of the game complaining that decisions weren't going their way.. while we just got on with it.

In fairness we have had about 10 of those shouts this year and how many pens have we been given?

One from memory from a clear as day handball in the first game of the season (which was quickly canceled out by a woeful free kick to Gerrard).

So if we don't get them and we don't give them away, I guess it all comes out in the wash.

actually it was Mellberg who lost Forsell, Zat was marking Jerome

Nope, Zat came out to try to win the ball high up the pitch, missed it tioally and got turned - he then laboured back and was still jogging in when forsell scored.

thank goodness it didn't matter. But I still think he's a liability

Forsell was Laursen's man. He gave him too much space.