Gran Turismo Sport

Straggler

On 02/08/2018 at 09:01, Stevo985 said:

The consensus is very much now that there is a bug in the car. Something to do with the car automatically going into neutral when you brake, causing it to spin incredibly easily.

Basically the only way people are driving it is to never go below 4th gear.

Be interesting to see if they're right or if it's just a false conclusion that everyone has jumped on.

Apparently it was a bug.

Small update was released yesterday. One of the update notes:

Fixed an issue wherein driving the Mercedes-AMG F1 W08 EQ Power+ 2017 (both Standard and Colour Variation models) it was not possible to properly shift down while braking

Might have a spin tonight and see if it's any better.

48 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'll be on tonight. I'll be shit so bear with me

Cool. I should be on too, probably around 9

Anyone else fancy a few races? @NeilS @villarule123 @Dick @dubbs

Could get a casual lobby going.

Might be a bit early if these scrubs are still learning the ropes.

Edited by Stevo985

2 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Yeah reckon I'll be on at some point tonight. 

I think we're already friends on PSN right?

Shoot me a message if I'm on too and I'll let you know if we have a lobby going

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I think we're already friends on PSN right?

Shoot me a message if I'm on too and I'll let you know if we have a lobby going

Yeah you're on my "list" lol.  I'll look out for you tonight. 

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Cool. I should be on too, probably around 9

Anyone else fancy a few races? @NeilS @villarule123 @Dick @dubbs

Could get a casual lobby going.

Might be a bit early if these scrubs are still learning the ropes.

I should be good to get on this evening for a few races.

I am still a bit rusty though so try not to laugh too hard when I hurtle off the track or into a wall, and track knowledge will be dodgy unless it is Suzuka which I have raced on recently. ?

Just now, NeilS said:

I should be good to get on this evening for a few races.

I am still a bit rusty though so try not to laugh too hard when I hurtle off the track or into a wall, and track knowledge will be dodgy unless it is Suzuka which I have raced on recently. ?

You added me the other day so same as above. Shoot me a message or I'll fire you one and we'll see if we can set something up.

We'll do a few practice laps of whatever races we choose. The lobbies are pretty customisable. You can let everyone do practice laps and then start the race with the grid placings determined by the practice laps (or the reverse of that, or determined by the result of the previous race etc)

it's pretty good.

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You added me the other day so same as above. Shoot me a message or I'll fire you one and we'll see if we can set something up.

We'll do a few practice laps of whatever races we choose. The lobbies are pretty customisable. You can let everyone do practice laps and then start the race with the grid placings determined by the practice laps (or the reverse of that, or determined by the result of the previous race etc)

it's pretty good.

Ok sounds good. I have not tried the lobby before, so it will be a first for me.

Can you customise it to give me a 30 second head start? ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

Ok sounds good. I have not tried the lobby before, so it will be a first for me.

Can you customise it to give me a 30 second head start? ?

I wish I was good enough to allow that :) 

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Will I have way shitter cars or does it balance if you're in a lobby with friends?

Sorry Stef, completely missed this earlier.

Very good question... and honestly I don't know. I'll look into it. Whatever happens we'll find some way to even it up.

My advice would be to play every day, even if it's just for 10 or 15 minutes. As long as you do 26 miles (so probably 6 or 7 laps) then you get a free car. You'll get that every day if you log on and do the 26 miles.

You'll soon accumulate a few cars that way. 

The races can have "Balance of Power" which means the cars within a class are balanced to make it more even. So even if your car is worse than other peoples' it will still be pretty close. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Sorry chaps, something came up and I can't get on tonight after all. My bad.

Will probably be on tomorrow but I'll probably be doing the FIA races...

You're a bloody let down!  I went to all the trouble of setting up a lobby and nobody was on.

Â