Gran Turismo Sport

Straggler

10 hours ago, dubbs said:

Finally people are coming back to this game ??

Yeah I'm getting back into it. The SR thing is still so frustrating though.

I think the penalty system in race is much better now. They've taken out penalties for "rubbing" and from what I've seen over the weekend you really only get a bad penalty for if you hit someone off the track. Which at times can still be infuriating if it's an accident or a tiny tap, but still. It basically works.

But the overall effect to your SR is still baffling to me. Twice on the weekend I had clean races. As in I got the achievement for a clean race. Yet my SR went down. I literally don't understand how that works.
Also you go 5 races in a row with positive SR, but you stay in the same grade (let's say A). Then you have one bad race and you go down to a B.

It's ruthless.

Anyway, it's still incredibly fun. I did the Daily Race 2 yesterday about a dozen times. The Megane Sport is a ridiculously good car (to be honest it's too good. Basically everyone uses it in GR4) and Alsace Village is one of my favourite tracks.
No victories though.

250 daily races now and 2 victories! Pathetic :D 

If @StefanAVFC gets the game and @villarule123 follows suit as promised, we'll definitely have enough players here for a VT Grand Prix

@dubbs @NeilS @Dick Interested?

6 players is probably enough for a private race. Any less and we could use an open lobby.

Edited by Stevo985

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If @StefanAVFC gets the game and @villarule123 follows suit as promised, we'll definitely have enough players here for a VT Grand Prix

6 players is probably enough for a private race. Any less and we could use an open lobby.

I can't play tonight ?

Girl I'm seeing got rushed to hospital and I said I'd look after her tonight.

Yeah not tonight. You need a few days to practice anyway ;) 

We could do a proper series eventually though if enough people were up for it. One proper race a week or something. Would be cool.

55 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I haven't played for a few weeks now as I have been fairly busy, but let me have a bit of a practice and I am up for it.

• Like 1

Other big updates:

Introducing microtransactions - you can buy cars with real money now. Kinda sucks but it's pretty easy to get cars in the game so can't see it having too much of an effect, especially as BoP makes most races competitive anyway.

No more daily races - The daily races will now be weekly races. Positive and negative for me. Positive is you'll have more chance to practice and improve on a race. Good for someone like me who only has an hour or two a day to play, so that is hardly ever enough time to get good at a daily race.
The disadvantage is if you don't like the choice of races, you're stuck with it for a week!

Update is today I think.

I think the only reason I have won 6 or 7 races is because I have spent a good few hours on a single race in a day learning the track and my cars limits, that and my skill level seems to fluctuate between categories c and d. I have had tough draws and good draws in those hours and I highly doubt I would win a race in the top rankings b upwards. Also, I think Tokyo accounts for 4 of my victories as that is a fairly easy track to learn. The weekly races may prove benficial to me in that respect. I will have to try and get back on it.

Having watched @Stevo985 race videos, I think he would wipe the floor with me in a race.

29 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I think the only reason I have won 6 or 7 races is because I have spent a good few hours on a single race in a day learning the track and my cars limits, that and my skill level seems to fluctuate between categories c and d. I have had tough draws and good draws in those hours and I highly doubt I would win a race in the top rankings b upwards. Also, I think Tokyo accounts for 4 of my victories as that is a fairly easy track to learn. The weekly races may prove benficial to me in that respect. I will have to try and get back on it.

Having watched @Stevo985 race videos, I think he would wipe the floor with me in a race.

I said before but I think I suffered from getting to DR B really quickly. One of my two victories came in the time I briefly dropped down to C for a day or two. I've been in B for aaaaaages. Seems quite quick to get into it but then a huge jump to get into A. So you're left with absolutely loads of people in B, ranging quite significantly in skill.
In B there's just always someone better than you. Even yesterday when I was posting good times, i always ended up with someone in the race who was doing a 1:59 on Alsace (the best time in the world was 1:58 something so that was quick!)

If you're with someone like that you have no chance.

There's a couple of YouTubers I watch who play GT Sport and they are both way better than me. Yet they're also still in B.

But yeah I agree the weekly races will make it much easier to properly learn a track and have plenty of attempts at it.

Edit: I'm tempted to go mental for a day and get my SR down to zero. Apparently if your SR drops low enough then your DR gets reset to D automatically.
It would be a shame to lose the DR I've built up, but would at least give me a chance to win a few races on the way back up!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Oh a good tip I've found, especially now I've switched to Manual so where and when to change gear has become a factor, is to go onto the top 10 times for a daily race and watch the replay for a couple of the quickest guys.

Helped loads on Alsace yesterday. Saw where they were (or weren't) changing gear and certain lines to take. Was really useful.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Remember I only post the good ones ;) 

How do you record and share these videos? I am a bit of a thicko when it comes to this stuff. - Edit - Just done a bit of googling and found a step by step guide. I will have a go later on.

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I said before but I think I suffered from getting to DR B really quickly. One of my two victories came in the time I briefly dropped down to C for a day or two.
In B there's just always someone better than you. Even yesterday when I was posting good times, i always ended up with someone in the race who was doing a 1:59 on Alsace (the best time in the world was 1:58 something so that was quick!)

If you're with someone like that you have no chance.

But yeah I agree the weekly races will make it much easier to properly learn a track and have plenty of attempts at it.

Edit: I'm tempted to go mental for a day and get my SR down to zero. Apparently if your SR drops low enough then your DR gets reset to D automatically.
It would be a shame to lose the DR I've built up, but would at least give me a chance to win a few races on the way back up!

Yes we have definitely discussed this before. My limit is C & D rated drivers, I have had the odd race involving B rated drivers and they are going around numerous seconds a lap quicker than me. I think I need to practice use of the gears more, rather than being lazy and sticking to automatic. 

I never knew that affected your DR, that might explain why I dropped back from C to D after a few races where I was pinged about a bit in Monza. I think if you were to reset your DR to D, you would probably win loads of races and quickly build back up to a high rank again as you will beat those ranked higher than yourself.

Edited by NeilS
Update

12 minutes ago, NeilS said:

How do you record and share these videos? I am a bit of a thicko when it comes to this stuff. - Edit - Just done a bit of googling and found a step by step guide. I will have a go later on.

Press Share on your controller and it will give you the option to save a video clip. That saves the last 15 minutes of gameplay.

You can then find it in the "Capture gallery" on your PS4 dashboard and it gives you the option to trim it to whatever length you want.

Then if you highlight your clip and press Share again, it gives you the option to upload to YouTube.

MIght be a bit tricky the first time you try it but it's pretty simple once you've done it once.

• Thanks 1

Â