Gran Turismo Sport

Straggler

On 15/02/2018 at 08:18, Stevo985 said:

Got my second victory yesterday.

Not sure it really counts. I was doing the one make race around Interlagos. Qualified in 3rd. Then there was some sort of glitch because when the race started it was just me and one other guy racing.

I was miles ahead after the first lap so he quit, leaving me to tootle around for the win.

Hilariously, we made contact on the first corner and then I never saw him again. SR still didn't go up for that race :D 

Haha, I could do with a glitch like that as I am nowhere near close to winning any races, although I think I would still manage to finish second in that race.

I managed my best finish of 8th (don't laugh), after starting 8th. There was a bit of first corner carnage where someone hit me from behind and propelled me into the car in front, but my SR still somehow remains as B? I think half of the problem is the penalties applied in race, for example I was given a 9 second penalty (even though it wasn't my fault), which disappeared over the race. So if the person behind who rammed me had the same 9 second penalty but drove it off over the race, but gained significant places from that manouvre then they are not suffering from that dodgy manouvre. I guess there is no fool proof way of applying penalties, as I was penalised for being a stopping device for the car behind so it would have been unfair on me if that penalty carried through the race. Most racers seem to race fairly though and still having fun with the races so I am not complaining.

16 minutes ago, Dick said:

I’ll be back on this from this weekend, just had a lot going on. How you getting on @Stevo985

Keep it up @NeilS!

It’s still loads of fun, but it’s so frustrating at this level. Like I said above I’m not good enough to be in the top 2 or 3 in most races. 

So that means I’m constantly in the pack. 

Which is fun, don’t get me wrong. But it’s almost impossible to race clean in there. And in this case by clean I mean clean in terms of what the game seems clean. 

Most if if not all of my races are clean in terms of nobody doing deliberate dirty shunts. But the game doesn’t agree. 

• Like 1

That’s what worries me, a little clip and I will be punished. I’ve been watching racing for years and it is just impossible not to have tiny shunts and knocks, so this game - by trying to be realistic, is being unrealistic.

1 hour ago, Dick said:

That’s what worries me, a little clip and I will be punished. I’ve been watching racing for years and it is just impossible not to have tiny shunts and knocks, so this game - by trying to be realistic, is being unrealistic.

I agree, it totally is unrealistic in that particular regard. 

What I would say though, is that the benefit of that is overwhelming. The races are clean as a result. Yes you still get the odd idiot ruining things, but generally it’s really clean. Nothing else I’ve personally played comes close in that regard. 

• Like 1

I know what you mean, the race selection was a bit dull tonight. One was a slow race in a Suzuki Swift and was a shunt fest which put my SR rating down to C, the second I didn’t have a qualifying car, and the third a speedway race.

I did manage to get my best finish to date on the speedway race though. I managed to get 3rd place from starting 5th out of 20 cars, and somehow went from C to A in SR in one race? 

• Like 1

The Suzuki Swift one was really good. I couldn't get the win though. Few 2nd places.

It was very easy for people to completely **** you over as the whole track is enclosed with walls. So you were totally reliant on people not being dirty. Which on the most part they weren't. But as soon as someone decided to be they could just force you into the wall which killed all your momentum.

A surprisingly nice car to drive though.

On 2/16/2018 at 08:09, Stevo985 said:

Aiming to be DR B  SR S by Monday

Done. That Suzuki race was surprisingly clean and I did it about 10 times yesterday so it did wonders for my SR.

Did one of the FIA races too and came 3rd despite starting 8th, which is my best result in one of those. I think I'm pretty good around Monza!

My profile makes good reading now. Really high SR rating so should hopefully stay there for a while. 

And looks like I’m not far from an A rating on DR. Which is great, but means it’s going to get even harder to win races!!

Edited by Stevo985

I haven't got this, but the way you guys talk about it does make it seem a bit "lifeless"? 

It seems you qualify, and either gain or lose one or two positions and that's as good as it gets.

I dunno, something about that seems like it lacks of bit of action or grit or something.. not sure. 

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

I haven't got this, but the way you guys talk about it does make it seem a bit "lifeless"? 

It seems you qualify, and either gain or lose one or two positions and that's as good as it gets.

I dunno, something about that seems like it lacks of bit of action or grit or something.. not sure. 

Sometimes it's lifeless, sometimes it's the total opposite.

It's racing. You can have a race where you qualify 6th, don't see anyone all race and finish 6th making zero overtakes.

Then the next race, on the same track, with the same car, you might qualify 9th and finish 2nd.

It's by far the best racing game I've ever played. It's not even close.

• Like 1

Â