Gran Turismo Sport

Straggler

30 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Was in a pre-race warm up session last night and the game crashed.  2nd time its done that.  Not impressed.  Better fix it soon!

Yeah I've had one crash, just as a race was about to start. Annoying, but I've probably done 150 races now so that's not a bad rate

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Hahaha I am on it tonight. 

Move just won a race, but had a 6 second penalty I couldn’t get rid of so bumped me to 3rd!

So close!

gonna have one final attempt now

Couldn't get the win in the end last night.

Monza is a nightmare. It's a REALLY nice track to drive, but the narrow circuit and two hugely slow chicanes make it terrible for getting shunted and for yellow flag penalties. The race I mentioned above I ended up with 10 seconds of penalties from yellow flags. But the yellow flag was on the first corner at the start of the race so you don't even have chance to do whatever you're supposed to do under a yellow. The penalty was just there, I didn't have time to react.

Anyway, my first attempt last night was the worst race I've had. I was DR B SR B before the race. Started 2nd. Ended up finishing 16th after getting battered around like a ping pong ball all race. After the race I was DR C SR D !! Got the SR back up to C after the next race but so frustrating. It's so hard to raise it but one bad race and it plummets.

On the plus side, being in DR C makes the races a bit easier so I'm sure I can win a race soon :D 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dubbs said:

Noticed you were in the same Gr4 (I think) race this evening Stevo. Your lap time was something like 7 seconds faster than mine.  Might have to rethink this VT league :D

What car were you using?

Depending on the track it can make a huge difference. Last night I started with the Mustang because I thought they were the best around Monza (they are at Gr3 level but not Gr4)

I was doing what I felt were great laps. Then I checked the Top 10 times and they were all in a Vantage. So I swapped to that and took 2-3 seconds off my time straight away.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

What car were you using?

Depending on the track it can make a huge difference. Last night I started with the Mustang because I thought they were the best around Monza (they are at Gr3 level but not Gr4)

I was doing what I felt were great laps. Then I checked the Top 10 times and they were all in a Vantage. So I swapped to that and took 2-3 seconds off my time straight away.

Im sure it was a Mazda. Saw you were using a Vantage so I'll buy one and keep trying. 

Yeah Vantage seems to be the car of choice for Monza. I don’t like it on other tracks but it has a lot of power somperfect for Monza. 

Problem is it’s not good at braking so those log braking zones at Monza are tricky to keep clean. 

Dropping down to DR C has definitely helped make me more competitive. I didn't think my qualifying lap for the above was that great, but I was on pole with a lap 2 seconds faster than anyone (hence the big victory after I recovered from absolutely bottling the first corner)

I think the gap from C - A is huge, and you end up with loads of people in B, some of whom are really quite good.

Edited by Stevo985

Qualifying in this is so weird. 

Doing the GR1 race today. Qualified 4th. Had a good race and finished 2nd so thought a win was possible. 

More qualifying, took a second off my time. Next race I started 7th. Annoying. 

So MORE qualifying. Did a really good lap, took another second off my time... started the next race 9th. 

So my qualifying time for the third race was a full 2 seconds quicker than the first race, but I ended up starting 9th instead of 4th. 

Edited by Stevo985

Had my first online race today. I am not really sure what I am doing but it was good fun and didn’t come last, but think that was down to the last two guys being pretty bad. I think once I get to know the tracks and cars a bit better I will hopefully be more competitive. :D

• Like 1

Keep trying.  Most important thing is race clean and if you can improve your finish position from start position then even better! For completing a clean race you get a bonus score. 

• Like 2

It’s got to the stage where I think, unless you’re in the top 2 or 3, or right at the back, it’s basically impossible to get a positive SR rating.

I'm having race after race where it’s all really good racing. Just the odd tap here and there. And it’s a negative SR every time. Frustrating as hell. If you watch touring car or GT racing there is contact all the time. The game should be able to distinguish between heavy contact and light contact. Getting a negative SR for a race because somebody tapped you from behind in a braking zone a couple of times is ridiculous.

Starting to take away the enjoyment now because it’s either race competitively or race clean. It’s almost impossible to do both. 

Edited by Stevo985

Got my second victory yesterday.

Not sure it really counts. I was doing the one make race around Interlagos. Qualified in 3rd. Then there was some sort of glitch because when the race started it was just me and one other guy racing.

I was miles ahead after the first lap so he quit, leaving me to tootle around for the win.

Hilariously, we made contact on the first corner and then I never saw him again. SR still didn't go up for that race :D 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Got my second victory yesterday.

Not sure it really counts. I was doing the one make race around Interlagos. Qualified in 3rd. Then there was some sort of glitch because when the race started it was just me and one other guy racing.

I was miles ahead after the first lap so he quit, leaving me to tootle around for the win.

Hilariously, we made contact on the first corner and then I never saw him again. SR still didn't go up for that race :D 

some guys get all the luck !

• Like 1

On 2/11/2018 at 22:14, Stevo985 said:

It’s got to the stage where I think, unless you’re in the top 2 or 3, or right at the back, it’s basically impossible to get a positive SR rating.

I'm having race after race where it’s all really good racing. Just the odd tap here and there. And it’s a negative SR every time. Frustrating as hell. If you watch touring car or GT racing there is contact all the time. The game should be able to distinguish between heavy contact and light contact. Getting a negative SR for a race because somebody tapped you from behind in a braking zone a couple of times is ridiculous.

Starting to take away the enjoyment now because it’s either race competitively or race clean. It’s almost impossible to do both. 

Still this.

I now go into a race thinking either "i'm racing to improve my SR" or "I'm racing to improve my DR".
It's impossible to do both unless you're really good or really shit.

The OH is away this weekend so I'm going to have a whole weekend of racing. Aiming to be DR B  SR S by Monday

Â