Gran Turismo Sport

Straggler

Very interesting news about the penalties

Longer races naturally tend to space out the pack more. For those dealing with lapped traffic, the backmarkers will now ghost out on approach. You’ll no longer have to worry about the folks a lap down taking you out.

The Sportsmanship and penalty algorithms have changed, which should result in plenty of experimentation by the community. Also in penalty news, players will now need to serve them promptly, as time will increase the longer a penalty stays on screen. Your current Driver Rating (read our guide on that one) will determine by how much this will happen.

The need to take a penalty sooner is huge, as currently it's way too easy to wind them down just through racing normally. Particularly on tracks with lots of slow corners, like Interlagos.

You can theoretically punt someone off the track on the first lap, get a 10 second penalty and be rid of it by the end of the race. 

Now you'll be forced to slow down straight away (or much sooner).

Which is brilliant for when penalties are correctly given. It'll be really **** frustrating for those times when you get a 5 second penalty for not slowing down under a yellow flag.

I've had family staying at mine for the past couple of days so haven't been able to play this at all.

But feedback on the penalty tweaks seem to be very positive! Looking forward to playing again.

I managed another second place finish today, still nowhere near a first place though. I am always prone to an error which usually puts me out of the running. I have somehow managed to achieve an S rating on my sportsmanship rating though. I think that is good, I thought it only went a-c.

PS. Does anyone know what the little bar chart is that shows on the pre race grid line up? usually green bars, but sometimes red or orange or sometimes with virtually no bars at all.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I managed another second place finish today, still nowhere near a first place though. I am always prone to an error which usually puts me out of the running. I have somehow managed to achieve an S rating on my sportsmanship rating though. I think that is good, I thought it only went a-c.

PS. Does anyone know what the little bar chart is that shows on the pre race grid line up? usually green bars, but sometimes red or orange or sometimes with virtually no bars at all.

Think that’s just your connection to the server

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Think that’s just your connection to the server

Ah ok, that makes sense. Thank you, I have been wondering what that meant for ages.

49 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Played a couple of daily races on Monza today. Both times shunted off the track. Getting a bit frustrating now.....

I had a major rage at the weekend, I had a very rare pole position in a race and was rammed off the track at the first sharp corner and came back on in 8th, then at the end of the first lap rammed again and was down to 12th. I quit the race in a huff at that point and was seething. I always try and race clean, I am not perfect and do have a couple of minor taps which don't cause any major problems to the other driver so I feel your frustration. Generally speaking though it hasn't been too bad, just the odd race here and there which are bad.

Have to be honest I did nudge the guy who rammed me off after he hit me. I was on a mission to get him because he just clearly didn't want to race clean. 

Finally got back on this last night. Only had a couple of races and actually did ok. Well, I was doing really well on the Maggiore GR1 race until I spun out on the final lap badly and ended up way down.

I did get a taste of the new penalty system though. I had a really clean race, but coming out of one of the corners, the guy behind me got on the gas quicker and just nudged my back. And I mean barely touched it, I wasn't even sure he HAD touched it.

I got a 2 second penalty. And it's now almost impossible to burn it down without completely stopping.

I don't know why they've done this. The having to slow right down to burn them off is fine. I get that because it was way too easy to get a 10 second penalty and gradually burn it off over the whole race.

But why make it so much stricter? How can the situation above justify a penalty. And see the video I posted earlier to show it wasn't an error, that stuff happens all the time.

It's very odd.

Yeah Tokyo can be mad. I love that track though, I usually do well on it so will jump on shortly and have a few races.

I've done ok the last few days. Was worried the new penalty system might play havoc but I've got myself back up to SR S (had dropped down to A) with a couple of decent results too. I don't think AS is too far off

Wasn't the Tokyo track I was thinking of so didn't really bother. The new penalty system of 5 seconds just for hitting the wall put me off trying to learn the lap.

Did the Nurburgring GP in the GR1 though. Decent. More clean racing too.

Has anybody been gifted the Dodge SRT Tomahawk X yet? (Not to be mistaken with the Tomahawk S)

I got it today so took it for a spin. 

It. Is. Insane.

Here's the quickest (and cleanest) lap I managed around Tokyo. Note the 370mph I managed to reach :crylaugh:

• Like 2

Â