Pre match thread

theboyangel

Not too bad. Solid back three with two attacking wing backs. Midfield mix of hard workers..Steel and flair. And good finishing front two. Mix it up with some crossing and through the middle. Im taping and watch it tomorrow. Hope we win. Every game I see live we lose.. so im sure we will win 2-0.

I like the team. 

It's get both strikers in without losing a cm. We have grealish in his natural position. 

Two attacking wing backs. 

3 defenders who should be solid together. 

I like it. 

Not a huge fan of Gardner in there though. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

If this is gonna work Bree and Amavi have to push forward as much as possible. The problem with the formation when we tried it in January was we were way too defensive. 

Need to get hourihane and Lansbury into this team even if it means jedinak in back 3 in this system .

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Creative players with most assists on the bench ? Gardner and grealish ahead of hourihane and Lansbury = recipe for disaster .

Too negative for me .

Grealish behind a front 2 seems pretty attacking IMO. 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Need to get hourihane and Lansbury into this team even if it means jedinak in back 3 in this system .

Agree. Maybe Jedi for Elphick to bring in Lansbury and Hourihane for Gardner. Otherwise he's admitting his 2 prime January midfield players were an error. 

I'd have switched baker to left back and put jedinak into back 3 leaving out amavi and Gardner and bringing in hourihane and Lansbury with grealish in midfield - I know baker not so good going forward at wing back but amavi is shit 

------------------------Johnstone---------------------

---------Chester-------Elphick------Baker-----------

Bree----------Jedinak---------Gardner-------Amavi

-------------------------Grealish----------------------

----------------Hogan----------Kodjia---------------

I quite like it - I guess Lansbury and Hourihane are struggling to play two games in 48 hours - there will be a lot of pressure on Kodjia here, he'll be feeling Saturday in his legs - I guess we could see RHM late on.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I quite like it - I guess Lansbury and Hourihane are struggling to play two games in 48 hours - there will be a lot of pressure on Kodjia here, he'll be feeling Saturday in his legs - I guess we could see RHM late on.

It's surely impossible to like a team which contains Gardner! 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Otherwise he's admitting his 2 prime January midfield players were an error. 

He's admitting that they can't put in 90 minutes of running twice in three days. 

These changes are about playing on Saturday and Monday, not about quality - I think that's absolutely glaringly obvious.

• Like 2

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I'd have though if anyone was struggling to play 2 it would be Jedi not Lansbury or hourihane .

still interesting to see how this works - I like the formation but not the midfield. 

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I'd have switched baker to left back and put jedinak into back 3 leaving out amavi and Gardner and bringing in hourihane and Lansbury with grealish in midfield - I know baker not so good going forward at wing back but amavi is shit 

The thought of baker as a wing back makes me laugh and cry at the same time

• Like 2