Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

UK now supplying long range Storm Shadow missiles. The ante is being upped. 

Russia has promised an "adequate response". They can't even be bothered with proper threats anymore. 

Love it. I look forward to the day when they're just threatening a "lukewarm response".

5 hours ago, bickster said:

It may well be propaganda, I'm not sure there is any way of currently verifying the claim

Missile experts seem to think the picture of Klitchko standing next to the warhead looks correct for a Kinzal, don't they?

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Rumours on Twitter drawing from Russian military bloggers are that Ukraine has launched attacks near Bakhmut and Soledar and started taking ground in various areas. Looks like the first stage of the counter-attack has begun, at least - although obviously it might just be exploratory attacks, or fixing attacks designed to get Russia to commit its reserves so Ukraine can attack elsewhere in a few days.

One poster pointed out that all the panic in Russian channels was an interesting contrast to the previous Russian offensive, which had been ongoing for about three weeks before anyone actually noticed.

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've certainly never met a nice one. 

Well I certainly have so there’s that I suppose 🤷‍♂️

The current South African government have nothing to do with South African governments of the 80s.

The ANC have had a stream of corruption scandals, particularly around arms trading. Their response was to abolish the anti corruption agency.

They are virtually guaranteed power in South Africa regardless of their conduct in office as they are the party of Mandela, so they have earned themselves a hardcore majority of dyed in the wool supporters. 

Edited by LondonLax

I never thought the counter attack would start in Bakhmut, but I presume this is an operation to try to fix the majority of the Russian army in place before launching elsewhere. On the back of the leaks this was likely the only way to get an edge..

Reports of a Ukrainian breakthrough on the front line of the war have been denied by Russia - even though the claim was made by pro-Russia sources.

Yevgeny Prigozhin, head of the Wagner mercenary group fighting on the Russian side, accused regular Russian troops of abandoning positions around Bakhmut.

Russian military bloggers reported Ukrainian advances or troop movements in several areas on Thursday.

link

The line about abandoning positions is chilling. You stay until you die, no retreat. 

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've certainly never met a nice one. 

10 hours ago, choffer said:

That’s not bloody surprising. 

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The current South African government have nothing to do with South African governments of the 80s.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The ANC have had a stream of corruption scandals, particularly around arms trading. Their response was to abolish the anti corruption agency.

They are virtually guaranteed power in South Africa regardless of their conduct in office as they are the party of Mandela, so they have earned themselves a hardcore majority of dyed in the wool supporters. 

joke-cat.gif

• Thanks 1

South Africa helping Russia should come as no shock, they are one of the Brics nations (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) who are going to attempt to destabilise the Dollar with a new cross border trading currency

Also, the South African Government begged Putin not to visit SA for a conference on BRICS because they'd have to arrest him as an International Arrest warrant had been issued. They begged Putin to attend by video conference and not in person (because they obviously didn't want to arrest him but would be duty bound to)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

South Africa helping Russia should come as no shock, they are one of the Brics nations (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) who are going to attempt to destabilise the Dollar with a new cross border trading currency

Also, the South African Government begged Putin not to visit SA for a conference on BRICS because they'd have to arrest him as an International Arrest warrant had been issued. They begged Putin to attend by video conference and not in person (because they obviously didn't want to arrest him but would be duty bound to)

Yes very good point there bicks about the BRICs i have been reading up to this and the really are trying to disrupt the american dollar

Im sure the US is working on something to counter it 

Edited by Demitri_C

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

Bicks what do you make of this Brics? Do you think it would cause problems for the US or not?

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bicks what do you make of this Brics? Do you think it would cause problems for the US or not?

Not really something I know much about tbh, also needs to be in a different topic to this one. Probably worthy of a topic in it's own right.

19 hours ago, sidcow said:

UK now supplying long range Storm Shadow missiles. The ante is being upped. 

Russia has promised an "adequate response". They can't even be bothered with proper threats anymore. 

Going back to the Storm Shadows, impressive kit, here's an image that shows the basics of what it does.

t5lqj1nel7za1.jpg

Poor old Simonyan looking worried now her and Solovyov are top of the hit list. Seems the bluster is waning and realisation is taking over that this isn't going end well. Also, intimating Russia were responsible for the Salisbury chemical attack. They also look like right clowns trying to portray Trump as smart. 

50 minutes ago, bickster said:

This is the ground lost as of yesterday evening around Bakhmut according to one Russian military blogger

Sounds like good news to me buddy

Â